Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That actually sounds like a great game to watch.

Fine, replay of the infamous Cardinals vs Jets game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

Jaguars vs Raiders

Jags vs. Titans R. 2.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Whenever I watch games that don't involve the Browns I find myself criticizing the OCs if they aren't going to their marquee players often enough. I'm basically an idiot

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Quarterbacks That Have Failed to Beat the Lions So Far:

Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning
Super Bowl and League MVP Aaron Rodgers
Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees

Also Teddy and :geno:

Quarterbacks That Have Succeeded to Beat the Lions So Far:

Cam Newton
Kyle Orton

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

davecrazy posted:

It's been 10 years. I'm ready for some new blood heading up the Giants.

Time to put an end to the decade of spectacular failure.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Quarterbacks That Have Failed to Beat the Lions So Far:

Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning
Super Bowl and League MVP Aaron Rodgers
Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees

Also Teddy and :geno:

Quarterbacks That Have Succeeded to Beat the Lions So Far:

Cam Newton
Kyle Orton

https://vine.co/v/Obv9tViLvxL

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

New thread title

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
guys i bought a new car

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Korranus posted:

LOL of you think Houston doesn't poo poo the bed, the under sheet, down the side, and on to carpet.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

quote:

Evan West @Evan_P_West
JJ Watt: "I think we did a good job fighting back but I'm sick of saying we did a good job of fighting back."

Too late JJ you signed your extension! Welcome to being Sisyphus!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

guys i bought a new car

Or as Philip Rivers calls it, room for 1/4 of my family

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

Too late JJ you signed your extension! Welcome to being Sisyphus!

A man that cares so much, to be stuck on a franchise that cares so little.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
What are Texans fans' impressions of Coach O'Brien so far? Obvi its early but just interested to hear

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Homestar Runner posted:

What are Texans fans' impressions of Coach O'Brien so far? Obvi its early but just interested to hear

Still undecided. He calls some pretty questionable poo poo like taking the ball out of Arian Foster's hands when he's balling hard, but at the same time I love his aggression and the Texans never really did back shoulder throws with Kubiak and Schaub, and they've been super successful this year

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Jesus christ NFC south

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

TheModernAmerican posted:

I hate it too.

Frankly I wish I weren't a fan of any team, I have more fun watching games where I have no rooting interest across all sports. I almost cannot watch the Eagles at all because it is so stressful.

This, but for Dallas.

Thanksgiving holy christ Im not sure I can do it

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When that thread got locked I felt like I was witnessing Peter's denial of Christ.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I work with a Steelers fan (from Michigan of course) who was sure their season was over and it was on to hockey for him (Red Wings or Penguins? You decide). Can't wait to roll in today for another round of Browns suck, Steelers rule, my dad loved them in the 70s :smug:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
So these are really great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6XSgSbiouE

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The_Hat posted:

Jesus christ NFC south

Not emptyquotin

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't even get this.

Because of this. I have the attention span of a potted plant and cannot concentrate without a rooting interest, typically the Eagles or whoever is playing the Cowboys. I can still enjoy a game between two random teams, but I'll zone here and there. Participating in GDTs has made this slightly worse.

With pro football you always get exciting games, even something like a 6-3 Bills Raiders shitfest is great to watch because 106 men fell into a neverending existential crisis and their coaches have to struggle to act as though anything they're doing is going according to plan and 40,000 people are forced to watch in stunned, depressed silence. One sided stomps are great because I love schadenfreude, watching the Bengals only manage 2 first downs in a half (the first of which was a penalty) made me genuinely invested in the Colts defense. Then there are actual good games with seesawing leads and my heart explodes.

Basically, sports are cool.

Except hockey because it's really weird and bothers me.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hate seeing the Steelers so high. This is the final week the Bengals will be in playoff contention.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Edit dumb, me

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals will be in first again this time next week.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Atticus Finch posted:

I hate seeing the Steelers so high. This is the final week the Bengals will be in playoff contention.

I hate looking at playoff predictions before everyone has had their bye because it really screws up the math.

The Eagles would still be in first if they had played the same number of games as Dallas! :argh:

Although the Panthers as the 6 seed at 3-3-1 is pretty funny.

Actually shouldn't the Niners be in the playoffs? They're 4-3.

axeil fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 21, 2014

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

OH MY GOD. Those are amazing.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

axeil posted:

Actually shouldn't the Niners be in the playoffs? They're 4-3.
No. The Cards are #1 in their division and the 49ers have a worse record than the two wild card teams.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

I dont know what the screenshot is from but they never showed this during the replay at all. I think Antonio Brown is going to get fined for someone posting a screenshot from a different game/time.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 21, 2014

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Kawalimus posted:

But what happens when they all get one? Some have to remain without a Superbowl for it to be meaningful to have them.

Houston will never, ever win a ring, so don't worry.

gently caress this team.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just realized that the Bears' offensive woes mean that I can't troll my Cutler-hating Bears friend about him anymore, because she sure looks justified in it right now :(

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

C-Euro posted:

Just realized that the Bears' offensive woes mean that I can't troll my Cutler-hating Bears friend about him anymore, because she sure looks justified in it right now :(

The last Chicago team to win at Soldier Field was the Blackhawks.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Athanatos posted:

I dont know what the screenshot is from but they never showed this during the replay at all. I think Antonio Brown is going to get fined for someone posting a screenshot from a different game/time.

Pretty sure saying "gently caress the refs" publicly is going to be a fine regardless of context.

"Dear Roger, the internet goaded me into Disrespecting the Shield."

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
N: Boobie Dixon expects to get a "workhorse role" of carries this week.

V: He's gonna be disappointed when Bryce Brown takes more snaps/gets the ball more.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Eifert Posting posted:

I am so annoyed with the Cincinnati Bengals. God drat.

Curious how AJ Green's contract negotiations will go, because it's pretty much:

AJ Green: Pay me 900 quijimillion dollars..

Cincinatti FO: What?! That's outrageous we can win withou.... no we can't here you go.

EDIT:

I love you.

Dvlos fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 21, 2014

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
If the season ended today, Peyton would play at Lucas Oil again next year. I hope the standings hold, or that the Colts and Broncos end up the wild card teams. Not sure how likely either scenario is though, because the Texans are garbage and the Chargers are really good.

Get your poo poo together Texans.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Athanatos posted:

I suppose it's possible that this was real if it was coming from a better angle in the stands, but I doubt this is actually from that play last night. I thought it was too close to be conclusive. Either way, Brown should shut the gently caress up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nail Rat posted:

If the season ended today, Peyton would play at Lucas Oil again next year. I hope the standings hold, or that the Colts and Broncos end up the wild card teams. Not sure how likely either scenario is though, because the Texans are garbage and the Chargers are really good.

San Diego is garbage, you're fine. Might as well hand Denver the division title after this Thursdays snuff film

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So does Rex Ryan get fired midseason, or after the season is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Nail Rat posted:

Have pats fans ever wanted division rivals to get their poo poo together during their reign over th AFC east? Genuinely curious.

• Locked thread