Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Obviously it's really high but I'm curious about the specifics...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

svga, op

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

640x480

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
depends on the filetype your mirroring, what site are u usin

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
4T dpi

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i only buy retina mirrors :smuggo:

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
loose 10 pounds probably idk

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Sir John Feelgood is the highest motherfucker in GBS right now

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

This man can help you with all your mirror related questions OP

Also all your resolution questions

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Thats actually a really interesting question. There are factually a finite and discrete number of points which light can be reflected from so this is an answerable question by someone who is good at physics.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Salt Fish posted:

Thats actually a really interesting question. There are factually a finite and discrete number of points which light can be reflected from so this is an answerable question by someone who is good at physics.

Whatever your native resolution is dummy

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Less weed.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Salt Fish posted:

Good try todd but I can tell you didn't study for the oral, I'm afraid you get a zero

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Some mirrors make me look hot and some dont. I want the TRUE mirror that comes closest to the human eye.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I know the rules of football. No offense to anyone.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Sappo569 posted:

Error: Cannot evaluate mirror resolution, it's a mirror.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

How many megapixels?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Whatever the wavelength of visible light is, that's your DPI. Reciprocate with the size of the mirror and there's your resolution. Nanomachines.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
1:1.

EDIT: Wait, mirrors reverse the resolution, so I meant it's 1:1.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
probs depends on how nice amirror, it's sort of like photo film where the crystals coating the working surface act kinda like 'pixels' but they're so haphazardly strewn about it's hard to count them beyond lots

can we get a picture of the mirror OP, maybe make/model/year

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Sappo569 posted:

why does he look like he is in the hunger wars in that photo?

E:

Oh that's right the mirror thing.

Anyone ever wonder if he is possessed by a demon? If that demon sees itself in the mirrors for a long enough period of time it gets trapped back inside the mirror? That's why he avoids them at all costs.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Al Borland posted:

why does he look like he is in the hunger wars in that photo?

he is in a hunger war. the enemies are the dirty spoons his sister hasn't washed so he can't make his hamburger helper minus hamburger meat

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

luncheon meat posted:

he is in a hunger war. the enemies are the dirty spoons his sister hasn't washed so he can't make his hamburger helper minus hamburger meat

Is there another soon-to-be-gassed Uli thread yet?

I need to know if the rat dog has thrown itself off the balcony again

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

What about like a polished bronze mirror or something idk i read a book about egyptians and they were well into them.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Depends on the mirror.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Depends on the mirror.
Well duh.

Crew Expendable
Jan 1, 2013

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

probs depends on how nice amirror, it's sort of like photo film where the crystals coating the working surface act kinda like 'pixels' but they're so haphazardly strewn about it's hard to count them beyond lots

can we get a picture of the mirror OP, maybe make/model/year

House mirrors would be lower than space telescope mirrors. The house mirrors have a front pane of glass half a cm in front of the actual mirror that some of the light bounces off of, blurring the image from the mirror a bit.

TC are you an astronaut or a stay at home goon?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Crew Expendable posted:

House mirrors would be lower than space telescope mirrors. The house mirrors have a front pane of glass half a cm in front of the actual mirror that some of the light bounces off of, blurring the image from the mirror a bit.

There's a front pane?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
7680x4320 (Ultra HD 8k)

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Sir John Feelgood posted:

There's a front pane?

usually the silvered side is on the far end of the glass from you cause that way you can't gently caress it up without going thru the glass first, front-surface mirrors get used in serious optical equipment that isn't going to have a lot of stuff getting in and scratching it

Crew Expendable posted:

I require high quality optics in order to see thru the girl down the street's bedroom window in poor lighting, call me an asstronaut

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I hope there is a final resolution

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

what color is a mirror

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

Is there another soon-to-be-gassed Uli thread yet?

I need to know if the rat dog has thrown itself off the balcony again

no :( but there might be soon since he's finished with that stupid anime game. hoping platform masters resumes development and we get to see more trees

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Let's stick to the topic at hand. We can talk about anime, and whether it was invented or discovered, after we get this mirror thing sorted out.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
sin^-1(1.22*(wavelength/diameter)), or thereabouts.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Let's stick to the topic at hand. We can talk about anime, and whether it was invented or discovered, after we get this mirror thing sorted out.

We are going to need more details on your query first

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

VectorSigma posted:

what color is a mirror

Kinda has a teal like color when you view the edges at an angle.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

sin^-1(1.22*(wavelength/diameter)), or thereabouts.

Moreover, the diameter of your pupils increases in the dark so you can see more. Except it's dark so you can't unless you put a light on. But then

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Anime was made by aliens to comfort us.

That's just a teaser of what we'll be discussing later. Don't start discussing it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
howcum there's no photos of mirrors, just photos of reflections?

• Locked thread