Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

SoUncool posted:

Feelz Goodman is my fish-faced artisan. Gonna try and get this guy up to MChef, MWeaponsmith (or should I do armor? What do we need?).

We need a million sets of wookiee armor.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I would kill for a couple good sets of grinding armor, some speed sliced republic blasters, speed power ups, a couple crates of stim b's, and accuracy food.

Is it just me or do weapons decay really fast?

Tide fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 25, 2014

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Anybody want to get a group going on Saturday at around 7PM or so EST to do the Geo-Cave? It's miserably tough right now. We need Acklay bones to make good power hammers boys.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Jiimy posted:

Anybody want to get a group going on Saturday at around 7PM or so EST to do the Geo-Cave? It's miserably tough right now. We need Acklay bones to make good power hammers boys.

Somebody went and farmed a bunch of em already. Crazy people I tell ya.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Made an artisan under the name Incredible Frown. I don't remember jack poo poo from the days when I bought this in a store; I'm assuming I only have enough points to fill out two professions? How easy is respeccing?

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Heatwizard posted:

Made an artisan under the name Incredible Frown. I don't remember jack poo poo from the days when I bought this in a store; I'm assuming I only have enough points to fill out two professions? How easy is respeccing?

Very easy.

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Levarris posted:

Somebody went and farmed a bunch of em already. Crazy people I tell ya.

Are you talking about us running around in there and dying a bunch last night? Because that was miserable. Also we didn't even get to the Acklay.

We really need to take like 6-8 people probably just to get down to the Acklay. This is a suicide mission. Many of you are going to have to throw your toons into the thresher to satiate my blood lust. Basically at worst, some of you will act as a meat shield to get as many of us as you can into the Acklay room. If all goes smoothly we will all make it. Once we fail though we can go to the epic dungeons and stuff and farm Jabba/Ackbar/other goofy poo poo.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Master Tailor here if anyone needs four slot clothing. Character name is Uni Lever. Looking for a master bio engineer to partner with!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You can pick up 40% stun armour for 20k a piece pretty easily for the Geo cave. The whole place is soloable just remember to stop them range attacking you and run into melee range on each one even if you are range attacking them. The droids are nasty no matter what.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Well I've finally made some time to play this but the game just crashes immediately. This is the crash dump that I get.

quote:

automated crash dump from Bloodfin.exe stage.119798

Bloodfin.exe: stage.119798
unknown location : FATAL 82674e4e: unsupported SlotIdManager file format [0004]

Ram: 1023mb
Os1: 5.1.2600
Os2: Windows XP Service Pack 2
NumProc: 8
GameFeatureBits: 1111111111111111
SubscriptionFeatureBits: 1

Now I got near my first mission and just got a CTD. Continues to happen any time I log in to that character. :smith:

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Tai posted:

You can pick up 40% stun armour for 20k a piece pretty easily for the Geo cave. The whole place is soloable just remember to stop them range attacking you and run into melee range on each one even if you are range attacking them. The droids are nasty no matter what.

Well the geo cave here is actually way tougher than on Basilisk or live. They changed it up so as to make it not solo-able. The mobs can one shot you without stun armor, they may even be able to one shot you with stun armor sometimes. They are hitting for around 3000 damage with their ranged attacks.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Ugato posted:

Now I got near my first mission and just got a CTD. Continues to happen any time I log in to that character. :smith:

By any chance do you have your game settings throttled to the lowest or have certain graphic options disabled? I had a point where I crashed in cnet and it would crash the moment it loaded the game world until I turned high quality textures and bump mapping back on.

What I figure is there's something with the new NGE assets that don't play too nice with minimum pre-CU settings. When I had everything turned down, I noticed a number of NGE objects had an unnatural neon red glow on them, which went away when I turned the good stuff back on.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
4x pre-CU xp sounds fun, I'm game for starting this back up. I'll try to find a Goon Squad person online.

Is TKM/MRanger or MSwords/MRanger viable right now? Sounds like there isnt much in the way of good weapons at the moment.

Edit: Gonna make an Mswords then. Name is Boosk

Bear in the Woods fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 25, 2014

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

The best mission terms. :allears:

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
Lev change pacmans name to Jizz Wailer plz

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Bear in the Woods posted:

4x pre-CU xp sounds fun, I'm game for starting this back up. I'll try to find a Goon Squad person online.

Is TKM/MRanger or MSwords/MRanger viable right now? Sounds like there isnt much in the way of good weapons at the moment.

Both are viable and we should have some good weapons tonight. I think I have everything I need to make good VKs, Power Hammers and 2h swords now.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Jiimy posted:

Both are viable and we should have some good weapons tonight. I think I have everything I need to make good VKs, Power Hammers and 2h swords now.

I made a capped hammer last night we need a smuggler bad

if any one needs any weapons made just send PacMan an in-game mail and i'll make it

iamthehans fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 25, 2014

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

If anyone has any locked containers they don't plan on doing anything with, I will DO HAVE a mighty need for them pretty soon right now.

Until I have a drop-off vendor set up, grab me on Smack or Grandma or Monsanto, or just drop them in the guild hall in the back room somewhere.

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 26, 2014

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

By any chance do you have your game settings throttled to the lowest or have certain graphic options disabled? I had a point where I crashed in cnet and it would crash the moment it loaded the game world until I turned high quality textures and bump mapping back on.

What I figure is there's something with the new NGE assets that don't play too nice with minimum pre-CU settings. When I had everything turned down, I noticed a number of NGE objects had an unnatural neon red glow on them, which went away when I turned the good stuff back on.

Nah. All the settings were at default at first. I changed them according to this page http://www.bloodfin.net/forum/swginstall.php (even the pixel shader for the hell of it). My computer is a fairly powerful gaming machine so it doesn't even blink at SWG. The only thing changing the settings actually does for me is to cause the game to load to the crash point in less than a second instead of maybe 5. And it is definitely (player) cities that are the cause. Any time I get close enough where I would need to load buildings the game freezes for about 3 seconds then I get a crash notification. Any time I try to log that character back in, as soon as my character would load the game crashes instead. Shame, really. I was looking forward to playing this.

Made 2 brawlers, just trying to do missions and drifted close to a city, then blam crashed out. So I just decided to try with a crafter instead. Got out of the tutorial and just made a beeline for GoonTown. I got within the borders on the water. But, again, as soon as the buildings came in viewing distance and the game tried to load them, the game just dies and the character is completely inaccessible.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 25, 2014

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Sounds like you might need to install that patch from the op if you haven't done so, might be trying to load missing NGE content it added, as the 14.1 patch files you'd normally have from SWGEMU would not contain them, nor does the base bloodfin install.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

These are the two things I've installed on my EMU install and on top of a fresh install. I've tried both of the "Patch 3" installers as well in case they were different for some reason.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Ugato posted:

These are the two things I've installed on my EMU install and on top of a fresh install. I've tried both of the "Patch 3" installers as well in case they were different for some reason.

Are you still crashing?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Levarris posted:

Are you still crashing?

I can't log in to test if you're referring to something that may have been done server-side. I installed the Patch 3 from mediafire before even creating my account. I hunted down the link off bloodfin.net myself to install and tested with my second brawler and my crafter.

e: connection issue on my end. I was able to connect. Same issue still, but I was assuming so.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 26, 2014

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Ugato posted:

I can't log in to test if you're referring to something that may have been done server-side. I installed the Patch 3 from mediafire before even creating my account. I hunted down the link off bloodfin.net myself to install and tested with my second brawler and my crafter.

e: connection issue on my end. I was able to connect. Same issue still, but I was assuming so.

Are you running bloodfin.exe in your client folder, or swgemu.exe?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Levarris posted:

Are you running bloodfin.exe in your client folder, or swgemu.exe?

swgemu.exe

Bloodfin.exe (still) gives the same error I was mentioning earlier. e: I re-ran it just now to get this crashdump since I deleted the last few. e2: which is kind of a derp moment for me. Yeah that's probably my in-game crashing issue. Running a client that can't handle some of the assets it's trying to load? Though I'm stuck with the instant crashing of the exe that would theoretically fix my issue of crashing near cities.

quote:

automated crash dump from Bloodfin.exe stage.119798

Bloodfin.exe: stage.119798
unknown location : FATAL 82674e4e: unsupported SlotIdManager file format [0004]

Ram: 4095mb
Os1: 6.1.7601
Os2: Unknown Service Pack 1
NumProc: 8
GameFeatureBits: 1111111111111111
SubscriptionFeatureBits: 1

Ugato fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 26, 2014

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Ugato posted:

swgemu.exe

Bloodfin.exe (still) gives the same error I was mentioning earlier. e: I re-ran it just now to get this crashdump since I deleted the last few. e2: which is kind of a derp moment for me. Yeah that's probably my in-game crashing issue. Running a client that can't handle some of the assets it's trying to load? Though I'm stuck with the instant crashing of the exe that would theoretically fix my issue of crashing near cities.

I have never seen that particular error before.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I can send the actual dump file if you think it would help any. But yeah that's kind of the problem I'm stuck with. I saw a few crash dump error fixes were to use SWGEmu launcher. But after looking at the details everybody seems to get the same one that's completely different from mine.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Grandma needs some nice four-slot clothes, if any tailor feels up to the chore.

Dress slippers, regular pleated skirt and flared cuff shirt...and an emerald pendant and a bangle too, TIA.

** Edit: Re-begging for locked containers for Smack. He hit mPistols and now I'm ready to tackle the more annoying parts of the smuggler tree. **

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 26, 2014

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Did you check to see if you have all the patch files for the game in your game folder? In particular, the series of files named patch_##.tre, in a linear sequence from 00 to 14_00. Older discs and the Bloodfin install/patch do NOT contain these files and must be acquired through the SWGEMU launcher if missing.

Really you should just install SWGEMU, make sure it runs, then install Bloodfin directly over it, because the BF startup did not like my vanilla install folder one bit.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 26, 2014

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So what's the trick to being able to launch two instances of the game simultaneously again? Someone mentioned making a user.cfg file in in-game guild chat, but I did it and all it did was prevent the game from launching at all again (until I deleted it).

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Drone posted:

So what's the trick to being able to launch two instances of the game simultaneously again? Someone mentioned making a user.cfg file in in-game guild chat, but I did it and all it did was prevent the game from launching at all again (until I deleted it).

I think I told you about the cfg but forgot a little.

[SwgClient]
allowMultipleInstances=true

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Unctuous Cretin posted:

I think I told you about the cfg but forgot a little.

[SwgClient]
allowMultipleInstances=true

Awesome, works!

Is there a server status widget anywhere on the site? I can't find a thing, and I'm not able to connect anymore.

Edit: Levarris, can you approve the registration of my forum account? User name is Drone.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Drone posted:

Awesome, works!

Is there a server status widget anywhere on the site? I can't find a thing, and I'm not able to connect anymore.

Edit: Levarris, can you approve the registration of my forum account? User name is Drone.

Send an email to bloodfingmrose@hotmail.com, she lords over the pubbie forums. I can't help ya in that dept.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So am I wrong in assuming Rose is a terrible loving person who punishes people for beating her in pvp and prances around with QUEEN OF THE GALAXY on her character all the time?

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

randombattle posted:

So am I wrong in assuming Rose is a terrible loving person who punishes people for beating her in pvp and prances around with QUEEN OF THE GALAXY on her character all the time?

I wouldn't say she's a terrible person. Just, not easy to get along with.

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009

Plastic Pal posted:

Grandma needs some nice four-slot clothes, if any tailor feels up to the chore.

Dress slippers, regular pleated skirt and flared cuff shirt...and an emerald pendant and a bangle too, TIA.

** Edit: Re-begging for locked containers for Smack. He hit mPistols and now I'm ready to tackle the more annoying parts of the smuggler tree. **

If you feel like bringing me hide and fiberplast (few hundred of each, probably), I'll be able to create the clothes - already have the jewelery done. The sockets are random, so it's a bit of a crap-shoot.

Drop them off in the guild hall near the food/chem station or get in touch with Punch/Chum/Snappy.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Did you check to see if you have all the patch files for the game in your game folder? In particular, the series of files named patch_##.tre, in a linear sequence from 00 to 14_00. Older discs and the Bloodfin install/patch do NOT contain these files and must be acquired through the SWGEMU launcher if missing.

Really you should just install SWGEMU, make sure it runs, then install Bloodfin directly over it, because the BF startup did not like my vanilla install folder one bit.

Not precisely the problem but you basically hit right on it. The issue was that my SWGEmu installed to its own directory within my SWG folder. I don't remember if I did that or the installer did. I don't know why I would when I have the discs to just to a fresh install I wanted any time. But after just taking everything out of the SWGEmu folder and dumping into the main directory, bloodfin.exe works and I'm able to log in to my (now dead :smith: ) characters just fine.

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Well looks like I am pumping out the best power hammers on the server. Good job lazy bloodfin way to let me one up your whole server in like 3 days pffffffft.

Haven't seen anything this good on the server yet and this isn't even from the best set that I made. These are just the ones that I am selling. I've made a couple that break the 1050 high end and have 500+ min damage. I may make a couple real good hammers (not this good though) for goons to bring me kryat tissues with.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Saw a similar one for 5m the other day if you are wanting a price check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bogey.flail
Mar 29, 2001
This sounds like a laugh, I'll resurrect my old character Bogeyio Flaieel for this.

PS, whats the rules on multiple characters, like how many can you have logged in on one account at any one time? Mainly because I used to run buffbots back in the day and I figure I might try and run one again!

• Locked thread