Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
TNF Blowout? Lets see if SA2K think the Chargers have a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
I'd say this will actually be a good TNF game, but it's still TNF.
So instead of an awesome shootout between 2 top offenses we'll probably get like a 9-3 snorefest with 100 yards of total offense.

For the Ravens, this is probably the most important game of the season. Win this, and they have full control of the AFC North. Lose this, and they give up first to the Bengals and the rest of the season is going to be a clusterfuck.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Ravens are going to win this weekend because drops are no longer an issue for their WRs/TEs.

The Bengals are beyond injured and playing like hot garbage because of it. AJ Green might be back but I think the Colts exposed how easy it is to disrupt their offense: a lot of screens, a lot of timing routes thrown off by man coverage, and a lot of pressure that somehow Andy Dalton is better at handling than the OLine.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Atticus Finch posted:

Ravens are going to win this weekend because drops are no longer an issue for their WRs/TEs.

The Bengals are beyond injured and playing like hot garbage because of it. AJ Green might be back but I think the Colts exposed how easy it is to disrupt their offense: a lot of screens, a lot of timing routes thrown off by man coverage, and a lot of pressure that somehow Andy Dalton is better at handling than the OLine.

I'm glad you have the feeling your team is going to lose, but i'm not so sure myself.

It's still a divisional away game for the Ravens, and they're nowhere as good away as they are at M&T.
Sure, we can stick Jimmy Smith to AJ Green and hope to shut him down that way, but then you still have Mo Sanu and Gio.
Also, KO and Monroe have to be back or we're starting rookies on the whole left side of the O-line, which your front seven is probably going to exploit to all hell.

On the other hand, last game vs the Falcons I expected Julio and Roddy to score at will against our secondary, but Dumervil, Suggs and Mosley (God I love CJ Mosley. Best Ravens draft pick in years it seems) stepped up their game and pressured Matt Ryan all game long.

I just wish I trusted the 2014 Ravens more, but maybe i'm still stuck in 2013 Ravens mode.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why do people hate tnf if not a blowout? Great excuse to grill with friends on a Thursday

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Why do people hate tnf if not a blowout? Great excuse to grill with friends on a Thursday

I hated it previously because I don't have NFL network and all of the games were utter shitshows of incompetence.

Then they made it all divisional and put it on CBS, so my only real complaint is that I like to sleep on Thursday nights to be ready for the weekend.

Basically, bring on more thursday night football.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

E_Motion posted:

I'd say this will actually be a good TNF game, but it's still TNF.
So instead of an awesome shootout between 2 top offenses we'll probably get like a 9-3 snorefest with 100 yards of total offense.

Scores of TNF games so far this season (not including week 1 because it was the first game of the season):

Week 2: 26-6
Week 3: 56-14
Week 4: 45-14
Week 5: 42-10
Week 6: 33-28
Week 7: 27-25

TNF games haven't been low-scoring affairs at all this season. If anything you could say they've mostly been lopsided except for the past two weeks. I doubt two good-to-great offenses are going to have difficulty scoring.

And the last two TNF games have been good.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What is going on with a 9:30am game?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chilichimp posted:

TNF Blowout? Lets see if SA2K think the Chargers have a chance.

Lol no

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

blue squares posted:

What is going on with a 9:30am game?

2:30pm in London (game site).

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

E_Motion posted:

I'm glad you have the feeling your team is going to lose, but i'm not so sure myself.

It's still a divisional away game for the Ravens, and they're nowhere as good away as they are at M&T.
Sure, we can stick Jimmy Smith to AJ Green and hope to shut him down that way, but then you still have Mo Sanu and Gio.
Also, KO and Monroe have to be back or we're starting rookies on the whole left side of the O-line, which your front seven is probably going to exploit to all hell.

On the other hand, last game vs the Falcons I expected Julio and Roddy to score at will against our secondary, but Dumervil, Suggs and Mosley (God I love CJ Mosley. Best Ravens draft pick in years it seems) stepped up their game and pressured Matt Ryan all game long.

I just wish I trusted the 2014 Ravens more, but maybe i'm still stuck in 2013 Ravens mode.
A divisional away game doesn't matter in Paul Brown Stadium. The fans suck, don't show up, and barely make noise unless the team is clearly winning.
AJ Green would be a welcome addition and could cause problems for any of your secondary, but your front 7 is very scary and could disrupt all the timing routes Dalton has planned.
Our front 7 is not as strong. A lot of them are injured or talentless and the captain of our defense got a concussion on your QB's dick. He also can't stop getting concussions or playing dirty.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is Calvin Johnson supposed to play this week? I'd like to see every weapon at the Lions' disposal so that the message to as many Falcons staff members as possible is "Don't come back".

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Calvin is getting better, but they might hold him out.

I really think the Lions should try to break the single-game team sack record.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Vikings and Bucs get together and play this Sunday. Do yourself a favor and avoid this game at all costs.

Then again you have a very high probability of seeing Teddy do some owning since the Bucs secondary is complete garbage. Teddy owns so maybe watching this game is a good idea.

I just wish the Bucs had a bye week every week because last Sunday was rather enjoyable.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Calvin is getting better, but they might hold him out.

With the travel and early start time I could see this as a "mental mistakes kill Lions" game, or at least if this was a squad from the past few seasons. The Falcons are pretty bad but who knows, Prater could have the game-winning FG blocked then run back by Atlanta to win. But probably not.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

wandler20 posted:

The Vikings and Bucs get together and play this Sunday. Do yourself a favor and avoid this game at all costs.

Then again you have a very high probability of seeing Teddy do some owning since the Bucs secondary is complete garbage. Teddy owns so maybe watching this game is a good idea.

I just wish the Bucs had a bye week every week because last Sunday was rather enjoyable.

What a shitnado

Bucs might win because the Vikings are also really bad

I hope Teddy has a coming out game and Glennon throws for 4 TDs and we still have to talk about Josh loving McGowan throwing good

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Falcons cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the Centre cannot stay healthy;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the pocket,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of deer antler spray.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the backup linemen are at hand.
The Backup Linemen! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of ProFootballTalk
Troubles my sight: a waste of draft picks;
A shape with Lion body and the head of a Suh,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant homer fans.

The darkness drops again but now I know
That eight weekends of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a collapsing pocket,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Georgia Dome to be born?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

ulmont posted:

2:30pm in London (game site).

Is something booked afterwards? All the other London games have had a proper 1PM EST start.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dr Tran posted:

Is something booked afterwards? All the other London games have had a proper 1PM EST start.

They keep adding things to the London games to explore how teams will handle a franchise being there.

Starting next year for example, teams won't have their byes after London games.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Kalli posted:

They keep adding things to the London games to explore how teams will handle a franchise being there.

Starting next year for example, teams won't have their byes after London games.

So next year the Chargers will have to play in London and then play at the Broncos coming off a bye on the following Thursday.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dr Tran posted:

So next year the Chargers will have to play in London and then play at the Broncos coming off a bye on the following Thursday.

Also the London game will be on a Monday night.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
My analysis for the Saints/Packers this weekend: :lol:

Rodgers is going to murder our secondary. Like, we might see him literally throw a ball through Patrick Robinson and murder him and the Saints will be better off for it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The Saints are bad, and I am sad.

Against the packers in the dome they might win because the game is at home.

It doesn't matter, because in the 4th quarter they couldn't be flatter.

A prediction of middle round picks is what I trust, but it doesn't matter because they'll all be busts.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A.o.D. posted:

The Saints are bad, and I am sad.

Against the packers in the dome they might win because the game is at home.

It doesn't matter, because in the 4th quarter they couldn't be flatter.

A prediction of middle round picks is what I trust, but it doesn't matter because they'll all be busts.

Your team should quit, they are poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Your team should quit, they are poo poo.

Hey, you're a poet and that should be fairly obvious.

The Falcons are going to give up all the sacks on Sunday. I'm in with whoever said it, the Lions might break the single game sack record. Ndamakong Suh is going to truck rookie UDFA James Stone so loving hard that I'm going to end up with a separated shoulder.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I'm going to the Texans/Titans game. It is going to be an awful, awful shitshow.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Chilichimp posted:

Hey, you're a poet and that should be fairly obvious.

Wait, you call him a poet when I spent five minutes this morning butchering Yeats in this very thread? t:mad:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Franks Happy Place posted:

Wait, you call him a poet when I spent five minutes this morning butchering Yeats in this very thread? t:mad:

I was just being a wise-rear end because he wrote a two-clause sentence that rhymed.

You, sir, are a FARTist.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I was just being a wise-rear end because he wrote a two-clause sentence that rhymed.

You, sir, are a FARTist.

I probably should have posted it in a thread that people actually read, to be fair.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

I want to watch the Patriots and Cowboys poo poo all over their opponents but that's about it. And 9:30 is too early to wake up and start drinking to watch the Lions. Then again if I time it right I can pass out after the 1:00 games.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

You butchered Yeats and want to be called a poet?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Chichevache posted:

You butchered Yeats and want to be called a poet?

I feel like I gave the Falcons O-line the artistic effort they merit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wonder if the Cowboys will get some sacks against Colt McCoy or if the defense will allow the redskins to pass at will.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I doubt it since McCoy will be out of the game with a concussion following the first sack.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DangerKat posted:

I doubt it since McCoy will be out of the game with a concussion following the first sack.

Dallas has the same amount of sacks and wins on the season was the point I was trying to make. I'm still not a believer in the defense. Not even remotely.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dallas has one more sack than wins on the season was the point I was trying to make. I'm still not a believer in the defense. Not even remotely.

Yeah but Colt McCoy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I feel like I gave the Falcons O-line the artistic effort they merit.

I admit to not really reading your poem out of not wanting to read a poem about how bad my team is.

It's bad in Atlanta, dude. It's real bad.

edit: VVV Oh, then that poo poo is perfect VVV

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 21, 2014

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I admit to not really reading your poem out of not wanting to read a poem about how bad my team is.

It's bad in Atlanta, dude. It's real bad.

Yeats wrote a poem that contains the word "falcon" and "lion" and it was a poem about how lovely and scary the world was getting.

And it contained the line "the center cannot hold" for gently caress's sake.

Somebody had to do it. :colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dallas has the same amount of sacks and wins on the season was the point I was trying to make. I'm still not a believer in the defense. Not even remotely.

While the lack of sacks is frustrating, it's not like they haven't pressured opposing QBs. If a lackluster D-Line can still pressure the QB, it's not a complete wash. Demarcus Lawrence should be back soon too, so anything they get done without him is encouraging to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

E: ^^^^ :argh:

Mr. Nice! posted:

Supposedly DLaw has been tearing it up in practice the last week or so since getting healthy, hopefully he'll be able to contribute to the pass rush starting week 8.

• Locked thread