Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Its a real shame Blackmon didn't work out. If he was just a player and not someone struggling with an addiction, he'd be a drat fine #1 and they'd be a pretty great group of young receivers. Still, they aren't bad. They will give Miami's DBs a couple of fits but honestly, I have a lot of faith in Grimes and Finnegan at this point. Both are playing very very well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Bills @ Jets should be something of a poo poo show. It'll basically be a game of which offense can stop shooting themselves in the foot first. With the Bills featuring TFF heart-throb Kyle Orton and the two-headed monster of Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown, don't expect them to light things up against a tough Jets defense.
My feeling is that the Jets will either blow us out(to the extent that the Jets are capable of blowing anyone out) or we'll play like utter poo poo for 59 minutes and bullshit our way to victory at the very end. Because that's kind of our thing.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So Bleedin' Green Nation ran a post today arguing that the Cardinals should be considered one of the Eagles biggest out of division nemeses and that the Cardinals have a chance for revenge after head coach Bruce Arians blamed the Eagles for keeping his team out of the playoffs last year.

In brief, they knocked us out of the playoffs in 2008, they beat us in 2011 which kept us out of the playoffs and they ushered in the end of the Andy Reid era in 2012 by beating the stuffing out of us in Philly. Then Philly beat them last year to keep them out of the playoffs. Since 2008, every game between these two teams has been pivotal.

I find it utterly fascinating that there's that sort of history between two non-divisional teams not named the Pats vs Peyton Manning's team. Plus as things currently stand their all-time record against each other is exactly tied.

This game is gonna be a real good one.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/10/21/7032333/do-not-sleep-on-the-arizona-cardinals

Bleedin Green Nation posted:

With the Eagles having just completed their bye week, sitting atop the NFL as only one of four one loss teams, it might be easy for some Eagles fans to get carried away and look ahead to Thanksgiving Day. If you’re an Eagles fan that should absolutely not be the case, for more reasons than the Cardinals being an excellent football team. The game I have had circled on my calendar since the schedule came out is Oct 26th out in Glendale, Arizona.

The Eagles travel to Arizona this week in a matchup of two 5-1 football teams, that finished last year hotter than any two teams in the NFL. The Cardinals are 12-3 in their last fifteen games and finished last season’s final 9 games with a 7-2 record with their only losses being to the aforementioned Eagles and to the 49’ers Week 17. The Eagles finished 2013 7-1 with their only loss being to the Vikings.

Both franchises are led by second year coaches that seem to be larger personalities than the players on their teams, their systems and the culture they’re instilling seem to be taking over the team’s respective cities. Radio personalities in Arizona have said things along the lines of the Cardinals are hoping to transition Fitzgerald from being the face of the franchise to Bruce Arians eventually. Is there any doubt that Chip Kelly is the face of the Eagles Franchise right now?

The History

A quick reminder that the Cardinals played in the NFC East for over forty years! In the one hundred and fifteen total games played between the two franchises they have both won 55 contests and lost 55 contests with 5 ties. The two franchises are familiar with one another.

Eagles fans remember the famous 2008 Thanksgiving Evening Black Jersey game. Donovan McNabb had just been benched the week before in Baltimore. In relief, Kevin Kolb threw the NFL record long pick 6 to Ed Reed. Three quarters of the earth is covered by water, Ed Reed covered the other third! Everyone knows that Kevin!

The Eagles had already tied the Bengals that year, the playoffs were looking bleak, the QB situation was looking bleak, and it didn’t matter, the season became magical. Brian Westbrook had four touchdowns, the Eagles defense had three interceptions of Kurt Warner and they went on to a 48-20 beat down of the Cardinals. That win propelled them to a late push for the playoffs, which given a little luck after a turdsandwhich of a performance in Washington, gave us 44-6. It all started against Arizona though.

We didn’t know we were watching Dawkins last Crusade as it was happening, but looking back on it, that was a truly remarkable run and season by him. With his coverage skills deteriorating he had to compensate by how he played in the box. He was the best FS in the NFL when he could take away the deep middle and he was essentially a linebacker when he came into the box. He redefined the safety position in the birth of the modern passing era. Football has always been football, nothing is too new, but no safety reshaped the position more than Dawkins during this era. The line is blurred between FS and SS now because of Dawkins. Ed Reed and Polamalu were great, Dawkins didn’t change the position alone, but he played at the highest level for the longest time of the three and was the best FS and the best SS in the NFL at different points of his career. Neither Reed nor Polamalu can say that. That doesn’t even take into account the type of emotional and intimidating presence he was on the field and in the locker room. He is an unquestioned NFL Hall of Famer. When the Eagles didn’t resign Dawkins I was just as devastated as I’m sure many of you were, but I didn’t have any Eagles fans around me to console with in Arizona, I had Cardinals fans. Those same assholes who just beat the Eagles in the NFC Championship game, who were feisty after a Santonio Holmes "not a catch." It was a catch.

I remember when the Cardinals played at Sun Devil stadium, my dad was given some tickets and he took me one day when I was real young, it was hot, I don’t remember much. Cardinals fans weren’t a real thing back then, there certainly weren’t many. Phoenix is a fair-weather sports town, the Cardinals were terrible consistently, their one big moment being a 1998 playoff victory over the Dallas Cowboys. To the Cardinals credit, after years of being terrible they got their stadium and turned the team around as promised. Since University of Phoenix Stadium was built out in Glendale the Cardinals have sold out every game played there. There are certainly Cardinals fans now days and the team looks to be competitive for the foreseeable future. That franchise started truly existing though when they beat the Eagles. That’s tough to stomach living out here sometimes.

When Dawkins wasn’t resigned though I had to go to high school with kids wearing their shiny brand new Kurt Warner jerseys, some which still had tags on them, tell me things along the line of "See ya Dawkins!" and talk poo poo like they could possibly comprehend what it was like to root for a player like Dawkins caliber and heart. It was the most galvanizing moment in my Eagles fandom, without question. I kid you not there were kids that went out and bought Wal-Mart cheap/fake Matt Leinart jerseys because they were on sale and discount for $5.00 for obvious reasons that were talking poo poo to me about Dawkins leaving. It is safe to say that I hate this team and this fan base on the same kind of level I hate the NFC East Rivals and the Patriots. The Cardinals have a chance to be the top seed in the NFC this year and Glendale has the Super Bowl. I would like nothing more than to seriously complicate that Sunday.

That bizarre season and amazing playoffs all came up short in the NFC Championship Game like it did so many times during the Dawkins, McNabb, Reid years. The Eagles came out completely flat in the first half and the Cardinals jumped on them. Fitzgerald’s remarkable playoffs continued from the first drive, he broke a Dawkins would be tackle at the goal line for a TD and it felt like another Eagles Championship game. Two more Fitzgerald touchdowns and sloppy play by the offense and it was suddenly 24-6 at the half. I for one was certainly prepared for a funeral like second half and sure enough Adrian Wilson sacked McNabb and forced a fumble to start that second half. Then on a 3rd and 19 McNabb found his long ball and the game changed. The defense had held after the fumble and they were starting to get into their groove from the week before in New York. This half was the real Celek breakout as well, he had been good down the stretch, but two touchdowns in a huge game made him an Eagles household name. A bomb to rookie DeSean Jackson over rookie DRC and with 10:45 to go for the chance at the Lombardi the Eagles had a 25-24 lead. Then the Cardinals drove down the field in 8 minutes and scored the game-winning touchdown. A stop on 4th and 10 in Cardinals territory and that was game.

The Eagles didn’t get another chance to play the Cardinals until 2011, when the team looked very different than it did January of 2009. This game was one of many painful games in 2011, it felt like all eight losses that team suffered were absolutely agonizing though. The Dream Team label made the Eagles easy targets in the media and an obvious team to root against in the general opinion. They were also playing terrible football for plenty of the year, so that was just more fuel to the Vince Young sparked fire. What people forget about that 2011 team is that they went 5-1 in the division. They also rebounded in the mini bye after getting blown out at home by the Patriots then flying all the way to Seattle on a short week to get blown out on Thursday Night to dominate four straight games ending the season. In hindsight it was fools gold probably, but in the moment that team was very dangerous team, that was fully capable of putting together a Super Bowl run if they got the chance. The Eagles would have needed the Jets to beat the Giants in order to make the playoffs at 8-8. On the other hand they could have just won another game that year and taken the tiebreaker with the Giants. There were plenty of bad losses in 2011, but I’m not sure there was a worse one than the Cardinals game. This game was looking like an ugly Eagles win for three quarters, that Cardinals QB situation was laughably bad at that point. Kevin Kolb claims to have been calling out the Eagles plays, I hope they called the play he threw that pick 6 to Ed Reed successfully. If the Eagles win this game, they make the playoffs and then who knows what happens, but most importantly it would have prevented Eli’s 2nd Super Bowl.

In Andy Reid’s final year as head coach, the Eagles started the Season 2-0 and had the opportunity to exercise some demons in Arizona taking on the 2-0 Cardinals. That didn’t happen. This is the only Eagles game I have ever gotten to see in person and I can say with absolute certainty that this was a total beat down by the Cardinals. The offense was terrible; Fitzgerald had a long TD from Kolb on another busted coverage, but then it happened. Our seats were in the lower bowl right on that particular goal line. I could see it happening before it happened, like it was in slow motion horror film as 60,000 people’s jaws collectively dropped before erupting in jubilation as Kerry Rhodes blitzing and sacked Michael Vick from the front side untouched as Vick looks right and fumbles, returned for a Cardinals touchdown to end the half 24-3. Game. I have never been anywhere as loud as that building was on that play in my entire life. It was so demoralizing; everyone in the building knew the game was over. I watched the entire second half, the Cardinals fans were exceptionally obnoxious that day, and they were really feeling their 2008 buzz. The season spiraled out of control for the Eagles after that and they finished 4-12. Andy Reid was fired; the end of an era was mercifully over.

As for the most recent game between these two teams, the Eagles got a little revenge, a nice counter punch, but it was not nearly enough to even the score. The two teams met last year in a Week 13 matchup where Zach Ertz scored two touchdowns in a 24-21 Eagles victory. This game had some bad blood associated with it though, particularly on the side of the Cardinals. First, prior to the game Bruce Arians referred Chip Kelly’s offense as "a great college offense." Call it what you want Bruce, but your team lost to it and you couldn’t be gracious in defeat afterwards. Those comments led everyone’s favorite corner to say this, get him Employee 26! This is all incredibly ironic historically given the non-call on defensive pass interference on Kevin Curtis on the 4th and 10 that ended the 2008 NFC Championship Game. Go to the 6:20 mark and pause it if you’re really in denial, but that’s the ball in the air, and contact on Curtis, but no flag. That’s not really something you hear Eagles fans complain about too often, and they’re poo poo filled fans, not millionaire salaried employees. It happened all the same. The Eagles offense that day in 2009 had beaten the Cardinals on drive routes and deep balls right up the seam. Curtis had a huge gain on a drive concept where he ran the shallow from the flanker position in the first half. The Eagles went back to that concept on 4th down, but this time had Curtis on the opposite side of the shallow running the vertical route as a 15-yard comeback, the play design worked perfectly, 1 on 1 coverage, and the ball where only Curtis could get to it. The DB tackles Curtis’ legs as he goes down with the ball in the air, but no call. Oh well, it happens in every football game ever played, refs are not perfect. If the Eagles play better in the first half of that game, that play doesn’t matter. It is however particularly delightful with hindsight to consider that if those 15 calls had gone the Cardinals way in the 2013 game that they would have made the playoffs, but they didn’t, the Cardinals cried like sore losers afterwards and missed the playoffs with 10 wins. It’s the NFL everyone gets paid, everyone can play, and anything can happen. The way Arians behaved afterwards was incredibly off putting and disrespectful; no coach should do that after a loss, no matter how emotional or wrong it might feel. It’s all in the game Bruce. I don’t know if there’s some NFL brotherhood with unspoken rules, but I feel like wins are exceptionally hard to come by in the NFL and disrespecting one your team gives to an opponent is fundamentally wrong.

Sunday

note: actual matchup analysis starts here

While it’s fun to think about the Cardinals blaming the Eagles for their not making the playoffs, Bruce Arians like any good football coach has used that 10-6 snub to fuel his team. The Cards had massive losses on defense from last year’s squad and they’ve still managed to field the best run-defense in football and boast a 5-1 record without their starting QB for multiple games. There are plenty of differing opinions amongst Eagles fans and media about how good Todd Bowles is, I think he’s outstanding and got a rough situation in a terrible scheme and defensive locker room in Philly. Regardless of what you think, the units he has put on the field with Ray Horton’s players has played at the highest of level possible since he arrived in Arizona. This Sunday will be my second Eagles game and I know that @mike_e_kaye @DKlausner @PhillyJordo @Taoish and the one the only @THEREALEDP445 are going to be in the building. There's even rumors of a @FanSince09 appearance. The Cardinals if you haven’t been paying attention are a very good football team. The Cardinals are one of the few teams in the NFL that have lots of really big, athletic, quality safeties and corners that can cover, blitz, and help in run support. While some offenses like to go into three, four, and five WR sets, the Cardinals defense thrives in these situations matchup wise. They want to put more safeties on the field anyways given the losses they’ve suffered in their front seven. They are getting production from rookies and cast offs on defense. First round pick Deone Bucannon has taken over the Daryl Washington roll in the sub packages as the dime linebacker. Kareem Martin, someone some Eagles fans had interest in as a pass rusher is thriving in his better-suited roll as a 3-4 defensive end in relief of the injured Darnell Dockett. The Cardinals run defense is anchored by defensive end Calais Campbell, who may play in Sunday’s game, but early reports are that number 93 playing would be somewhat surprising; I wouldn’t rule it out though. Behind him though the speed that the Cardinals DBs bring really allow them to swarm to the ball and stop the run and create havoc in the passing game when they’re playing well. When asked about the passing defenses struggles statistically this year Bowles said that teams couldn’t run on the Cardinals D, so they have to pass it. This poses a very interesting matchup for the Eagles offense philosophically. There are plenty of people who think that slowing down athletic tight ends and teams that run out of three and four WR sets is to have good safety play and lots of them on the field in addition to long corners on the outside. Nobody is more versatile in the backend or creative than Arizona right now. Star cornerback Patrick Peterson has struggled this year giving up some long touchdowns over the middle of the field; he’s also been flagged for 7 penalties, but he is still the premiere talent at the position physically. NT Dan Williams is also a player to keep an eye on. He’s an enormous human being and wins with his strength at the point of attack, an unsung hero on the Cardinals defense and someone who possess strengths where David Molk struggles. Molk must win with his speed. Offensively the Cardinals have a lot of speed on the inside and size mismatches on the outside. They move Fitzgerald all over the field; Fitz has destroyed the Eagles from the slot in his career. It’ll be interesting to see how the Eagles choose to defend the Cardinals offense; they present multiple challenges and have big play potential. This unit has the potential to be one of the best offenses in football. This game is not going to be easy for the Eagles, they should by no means be favored in this game on the road. Arizona might be as hard of a place to play in as Seattle or the Super Dome. When Glendale closes the roof, it gets crazy.

Monday morning on Arizona Sports radio there was already talk of the 5-1 Cardinals being disrespected amongst the national media because of unconvincing wins over Washington at home, which most Eagles fans know is a better squad than their record, and the Oakland Raiders on the road, which I can’t really speak to. The Cardinals love playing the disrespected card, most football teams do, they did it on their Super Bowl run when they were called "the worst team to ever make the playoffs." NFL power rankings for Week 8 have the Cardinals ranked here, here, and here. If the Cardinals are being disrespected though, the Eagles definitely are too. The Eagles beat Dallas in Dallas for the division last year, ended the season as hot as anyone and started this year as hot as any team. The Cardinals last year basically said the Eagles didn’t earn their win against them and that the refs gave it to the Eagles. The Eagles shut out the Giants. Not to mention how many teams have a better win than the Eagles beating Indianapolis and Andrew Luck in Indy on Monday night? If Riley Cooper hangs onto that ball in San Francisco, as bad as this team has played at times, and all the injuries they’ve suffered, would be 6-0. Fades into

So yes, while thinking ahead to a matchup against JJ Watt and Clowney down in Houston - or getting to take on Kuechly, and Cam on Monday Night in Philly - or Aaron Rodgers and the resurgent Packers up on the frozen tundra - or hosting the Titans right before the Thanksgiving Day showdown in Big D - or hosting the Champion Seattle Seahawks -or hosting Dallas - or closing the season with two divisional road games is tempting, they’re all big games. That’s the thing about the NFL, they’re paid to play, they’re all extremely good. Each week is going to be another big test for this Eagles team, hopefully growing them and preparing them for a special season. This schedule sets up perfectly for the Eagles. They will be getting healthy in the second half of the season facing an array of talented opposition in difficult matchups. This team has proven they can come back in football games from large deficits. The Eagles have proven they can get big leads early, and last week they showed they can dominate a team in all phases of the game. With the schedule the Eagles play they will be battle tested come the playoffs, they won’t be wide eyed this year, they’ll have played just about everyone. They have possibly the most dangerous Special Teams Unit in the league, and all of that fails to mention that they still have Chip Kelly running the show.

This week is about a lot of things for the fans, but from a football standpoint this week is a road game for the one seed in the NFC, this week is a midseason playoff game. Whoever wins this game walks out of University of Phoenix Stadium with a 6-1 record with games against Dallas and Seattle still ahead on both schedules. The division starts up again on Thanksgiving; right now the Eagles can control their own playoff destiny. The Birds have a chance to beat every team they’re competing with for the one seed starting with a team they should hate this Sunday in a building they should plan on winning a Super Bowl in later this season. Whoever wins this matchup will be in the drivers seat for the one seed the rest of the season. If the Eagles can win this game and if they continue to improve the way they have there’s a chance the road to Glendale in the NFC goes through Philadelphia, what more can anyone want from the regular season? If you bleed green then you know these guys have stained the ground midnight more painfully than anyone else these past six years. The Division might be the Eagles "rivals" but the Washington’s team can’t win, or get out of their own way. The Giants may be capable of winning Super Bowls, but they can’t beat the Eagles. As for Dallas, they’re off to a hot start, but given the last 20 years, I’m not taking them seriously until they keep this up and then beat us on Thanksgiving.

The Cardinals though, these guys have been good when we’re good and bad when we’re bad the last 6 years and a win in Glendale this Sunday would really set the table for a special season. The Cardinals are a monster now, they’re a well run franchise with talented players and a long term plan with a growing and ravenous fan base that finally has some history in Arizona. They have stability. That franchise wasn’t relevant until they beat the Eagles. They are what they are now because they beat Eagles. The Eagles created a monster; it’s time they put that monster down on Sunday.

Fly Eagles Fly

The last bit is interesting. With games against the Niners, Seahawks, Packers, Cardinals, Cowboysx2, and Panthers this season the only current playoff team we aren't playing is the Lions. If the Eagles beat all of them they'll have all the playoff tiebreakers they need when it comes to seeding.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm on my phone is that post as long as I think it is

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yes, it's straight out of the Book of Petey.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
i've always......sensed....a rivalry between the Eagles and Cardinals

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why on Gods green earth would anyone read let alone write that much about Philly vs Arizona

That's like writing a thesis on Miami vs Denver.

Because we are all nothing but dust

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bruce Arians can shut up and its his own drat fault he couldn't beat a "college offense"

because Carson Palmer was garbage

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Why on Gods green earth would anyone read let alone write that much about Philly vs Arizona

That's like writing a thesis on Miami vs Denver.

Because we are all nothing but dust

The bye week is a terrible thing. You never know what's going to happen when your team doesn't play for 14 days.

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Its a real shame Blackmon didn't work out. If he was just a player and not someone struggling with an addiction, he'd be a drat fine #1 and they'd be a pretty great group of young receivers. Still, they aren't bad. They will give Miami's DBs a couple of fits but honestly, I have a lot of faith in Grimes and Finnegan at this point. Both are playing very very well

Is he officially done? The guy was absolutely ridiculous when he was on the field, and you think the Jags would give him another shot once his suspension's up. It's not like they're bursting with talent on offense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

Is he officially done? The guy was absolutely ridiculous when he was on the field, and you think the Jags would give him another shot once his suspension's up. It's not like they're bursting with talent on offense.

Not officially done as far as I know, but I don't think anyone's particularly hopeful he's actually going to get his life together. He does have to go through reinstatement, so he's not automatically eligible to come back unless he can convince Goodell he's better.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

True but you're not thinking about the value of having Gilmore as a chip blocker who can still catch the check down for 10 yard gains. If the offense doesn't have to provide constant support to Hurst they can be much more dynamic. With Urschel in over Osemele we can run the exact same offense just with an expectation of less tremendous push and fewer ridiculously huge wholes. I'm really impressed with Urschel and Osemele should be a long term cornerstone of the offense so keeping him out to get proper healthy isn't the worst proposition to me.

I just remember in 2011 the last game of the season when Yanda came in after missing a game or two and had the game of his life and was pretty much the reason we beat the Bengals and clinched the division for the first time since 2006. So even if Urschel has been good I still like the thought of a top-level LG coming in and tearing poo poo up. It could make the difference.

This Ravens team is a good team, but not a great team. I really like them though. The front seven is a nice mix of good veterans and young players.

Bengals have a fairly easy schedule after this game so it's a must-win for the Ravens.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 22, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I just remember in 2011 the last game of the season when Yanda came in after missing a game or two and had the game of his life and was pretty much the reason we beat the Bengals and clinched the division for the first time since 2006. So even if Urschel has been good I still like the thought of a top-level LG coming in and tearing poo poo up. It could make the difference.

Bengals have a fairly easy schedule after this game so it's a must-win for the Ravens.

Yea, having Monroe would be great because Hurst is totally going to get owned. Even if Urschel holds the fort steady, having Osemele back locks down the interior line as pretty loving nasty, which will help open up the run game, especially if Burfict won't be playing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

do you think 0-16 is a real possibility at this point? Looking at the schedule, I don't see a win unless Denver sits literally every single starter in the last game.

The Raiders will get a dumb fluke win or two just like every terrible team (except for two of them) has throughout the history of the league

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The Cardinals, unlike other recent eagles' opponents (like the giants), play the style of defense that has completely destroyed Foles and the Eagles' offense this season and match up incredibly well against them. Double A gap pressure/sugar looks all day. If the Eagles' OL is much healthier and actually really good again they might be able to run on it though.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Pron on VHS posted:

They had that one super sweet Championship game in 2008, maybe that's where this feeling comes from?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
An Eagles fan told me once that really bad stuff tends to happen when they play the Cardinals.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Menamino posted:

The Cardinals, unlike other recent eagles' opponents (like the giants), play the style of defense that has completely destroyed Foles and the Eagles' offense this season and match up incredibly well against them. Double A gap pressure/sugar looks all day. If the Eagles' OL is much healthier and actually really good again they might be able to run on it though.

despite being :airquote: rivals :airquote: and from arizona i like the cards a lot suddenly. i think it's like 90% that they drafted :swoon: deone bucannon and him and tyann matthieu (pro-tier weed guy) are now my 2nd favorite safety duo and 10% that i can go to their games since my parents got a house out there and i can see the stadium from the pool

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

axeil posted:

So Bleedin' Green Nation ran a post today arguing that the Cardinals should be considered one of the Eagles biggest out of division nemeses and that the Cardinals have a chance for revenge after head coach Bruce Arians blamed the Eagles for keeping his team out of the playoffs last year.

In brief, they knocked us out of the playoffs in 2008, they beat us in 2011 which kept us out of the playoffs and they ushered in the end of the Andy Reid era in 2012 by beating the stuffing out of us in Philly. Then Philly beat them last year to keep them out of the playoffs. Since 2008, every game between these two teams has been pivotal.

I find it utterly fascinating that there's that sort of history between two non-divisional teams not named the Pats vs Peyton Manning's team. Plus as things currently stand their all-time record against each other is exactly tied.

This game is gonna be a real good one.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/10/21/7032333/do-not-sleep-on-the-arizona-cardinals

The last bit is interesting. With games against the Niners, Seahawks, Packers, Cardinals, Cowboysx2, and Panthers this season the only current playoff team we aren't playing is the Lions. If the Eagles beat all of them they'll have all the playoff tiebreakers they need when it comes to seeding.

death to the eagles I guess :shrug:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Why do people hate tnf if not a blowout? Great excuse to grill with friends on a Thursday

Bengals are gonna win. The D-line had some life last week and the Ravens are really beat up there. Also Paul Brown bullshit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I got bored tonight and started looking up random things on pro football reference. Like, say, how many teams have winning records over other teams. And all time winning percentages and stuff.

Dolphins: 22 .566
Packers: 21 .566
Cowboys: 20 .574
Raiders: 20 .532
Patriots: 19 .542
Colts: 19 .532
Broncos: 19 .535
Vikings: 18 .539
Bears: 17 .577
49ers: 17 .558
Ravens: 17 .554
Steelers: 17 .523
Chargers: 16 .506
Eagles: 16 .486
Browns: 15 .535
Seahawks: 14 .492
Rams: 14 .501
Bills: 13 .464
Chiefs: 13 .513
Titans: 13 .488
Redskins: 13 .507
Giants: 13 .546
Panthers: 12 .474
Jags: 12 .466
Bengals: 11 .449
Texans: 10 .412
Jets: 8 .457
Saints: 7 .441
Lions: 6 .456
Falcons: 5 .432
Cardinals: 5 .419
Bucs: 3 .390

Somehow the Dolphins have a winning record against 22 other teams and the Bears have the NFL's all time best winning percentage. Huh.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Really impressed that the Raiders still have a positive record against 20 teams despite the 11 years of shittiness

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kansas City chiefs are the current holder of the belt. For those idiots like me who follow that stuff.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Bengals are gonna win. The D-line had some life last week and the Ravens are really beat up there. Also Paul Brown bullshit.

Monroe and Osemele have both been practicing so there's a shot the Ravens OL has all of their starters for the game. Regardless I'm still expecting the Ravens offense to struggle like they always do in Cincy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Somehow the Dolphins have a winning record against 22 other teams and the Bears have the NFL's all time best winning percentage. Huh.

Winning record against 22 teams, has never beaten the Texans. poo poo is bananas

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I wasn't worried about this game until the Rams dropped 28 on the Seahawks. Could we be looking at a TRAP GAME??????
But, no, I will be at my first Arrowhead game this weekend for the first time in more than a decade. Super excited!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Parmesan Basil posted:

do you think 0-16 is a real possibility at this point? Looking at the schedule, I don't see a win unless Denver sits literally every single starter in the last game.

It just can't happen. This team is so much better than the 2006 "12 offensive touchdowns" 2-14 squad. Carr is playing well enough that they'll steal a victory somewhere

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Winning record against 22 teams, has never beaten the Texans. poo poo is bananas

God won't allow it. The amount of games that miami has just blown in the flukiest way possible against the Texans ...

Then again miami was unbeatable against Carolina and they finally beat us last year so it can happen!

..it won't happen

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

God won't allow it. The amount of games that miami has just blown in the flukiest way possible against the Texans ...

Then again miami was unbeatable against Carolina and they finally beat us last year so it can happen!

..it won't happen

Lord knows you'll never meet in the post season, so the chances to beat them are pretty loving sparse to begin with.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

..it won't happen

The Texans have almost gotten off the schneid, the only teams they've never beaten are the Eagles and Vikings. Of course, they managed to lose to the Vikings in 2012 when they were 12-3 at the time, and it was all Christian Ponder throwing it all over them since they managed to keep ADP in check

:psyduck:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Golden Tate posted:

They're a good, solid team and we're going to give them the respect they deserve

gently caress you, Golden Tate.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress you, Golden Tate.

Ashton Wilson account spotted

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Parmesan Basil posted:

I wasn't worried about this game until the Rams dropped 28 on the Seahawks. Could we be looking at a TRAP GAME??????
But, no, I will be at my first Arrowhead game this weekend for the first time in more than a decade. Super excited!

Honestly the Rams needed some big special teams voodoo to beat the Seahawks and Jeff Fisher always ramps up for divisonal games so I wouldn't stress too much. Especially when you guys are at home.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm still with Parm in being worried about it. It'll be a good game.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Blitz7x posted:

It just can't happen. This team is so much better than the 2006 "12 offensive touchdowns" 2-14 squad. Carr is playing well enough that they'll steal a victory somewhere

Also, you guys are playing the Cleveland "just lost by 18 to loving Jacksonville" Browns this week.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Patrick Spens posted:

Also, you guys are playing the Cleveland "just lost by 18 to loving Jacksonville" Browns this week.

In Cleveland coming off of a bad road loss. If Cleveland can get its run game going.......well......

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Yeah Jacksonville is a pretty hostile road environment. The terrible towels have nothing on the terrible tarp.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Nail Rat posted:

Yeah Jacksonville is a pretty hostile road environment. The terrible towels have nothing on the terrible tarp.

Too distracted by all the cool poo poo the mascot is doing and the ladies in the pools to pay attention to the game.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nail Rat posted:

C'mon I'm trying to make myself feel better about last week. I want the high of the week before back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Pron on VHS posted:

Well they were in the same division together for quite a long time.

• Locked thread