Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
i love everything about yosemite and ios 8.1, except streaming audio from my macbook air to my appletv no longer works (in that there's lagging every half a second) after having updated to yosemite (streaming from iphone/pad still works).

besides that, FINE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i've never really used osx but i suspect that it's an ives-ui blighted mess like any ios version later than 5

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
my iPhoto also has a circle with a slash through it, but I've never used iPhoto so it's no big deal

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

theadder posted:

look one level above

heh

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
thanks to the new per-window safari private mode the efficiency of my ...erm...secret research has increased dramatically

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

also the unsigned app protection thing, along with kext signing, is really fuckin annoying

otherwise great and great looking os

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

also the unsigned app protection thing, along with kext signing, is really fuckin annoying

lol & lol

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

graph posted:

traktor is, yeah. lol

holy crap. 30,000,000 million dj's freak out after upgrading their OS X. they have no excuse for that poo poo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

theadder posted:

lol & lol

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

otherwise great and great looking os

disable both, idk what the problem would be then

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

pagoe posted:

disable both, idk what the problem would be then

pretty soon you won't be able to because apple thinks it knows what sort of programs should be run on a computer better than their users.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

tim will save us from ourselves

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

yosemite owns

darkmode owns

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
this OS X 10.10 Yosemite tip is a real "getting things done" lifehack: make ur desktop background a sexy wet naked lady. the transparency effects are the frosted shower glass protecting her from your letcherous gaze. only when all your work is done do u get to close all your programs and enjoy the view!!!

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i like having the top menu and dock be darker, but i think it's incomplete for the rest of the UI. i'm not sure how realistic it is that they could make dark versions of all the rest of the built-in yosemite UI, but it would be nice

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

this OS X 10.10 Yosemite tip is a real "getting things done" lifehack: make ur desktop background a sexy wet naked lady. the transparency effects are the frosted shower glass protecting her from your letcherous gaze. only when all your work is done do u get to close all your programs and enjoy the view!!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yo os installed flawlessly first time on my lovely macbook

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Caithness posted:

my iPhoto also has a circle with a slash through it, but I've never used iPhoto so it's no big deal

how do you import all the photos of your cool and interest life off your iphone then???

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

holy crap. 30,000,000 million dj's freak out after upgrading their OS X. they have no excuse for that poo poo

sayin

thats also why a lot of performance laptops are still 10.6.8

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
hacked a kext so un-blacklist my macbbok fro m continuity and it works really well, my needs are being suited.

Mario Incandenza
Aug 24, 2000

Tell me, small fry, have you ever heard of the golden Triumph Forks?

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

lol if you rely on a single laptop for all your music; cf. rule 36

Mario Incandenza
Aug 24, 2000

Tell me, small fry, have you ever heard of the golden Triumph Forks?
saw a guy callde gerald at ADE last week, one of his laptops kept dying every 5-10 minutes throughout the set. dude shoulda brought a third IMO, rookie mistake

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Mario Incandenza posted:

lol if you rely on a single laptop for all your music; cf. rule 36

i don't, but all 6 of them are macs that i upgraded to yosemite

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

graph posted:

sayin

thats also why a lot of performance laptops are still 10.6.8
if you need a piece of software for work you're likely stuck with the same version of osx for 5 years because all devs are poo poo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
here's something fun: open safari on yosemite. go to a https site. i can't find a padlock anywhere, can you?

nice job johnny :waycool:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

it's right there dummy

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

here's something fun: open safari on yosemite. go to a https site. i can't find a padlock anywhere, can you?

nice job johnny :waycool:

???

edit: beaten

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
huh.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mario Incandenza posted:

saw a guy callde gerald at ADE last week

very cool

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
ah, a thread for us yospos jews. perfect

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i can't even see what thread i'm in anymore unless i scroll up to the top or bottom sometimes because i turned the page title off so i could see the whole address

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
e: nevermind, it was a stupid plugin fuckup. fixed now.

Dixie Cretin Seaman fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 22, 2014

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yosemite upgrade sucked because something broke the dnsresponder so i could only get internet on chrome but everything else was broken

so i reformatted ant then rvm didnt work and ugh

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

yosemite upgrade sucked because something broke the dnsresponder so i could only get internet on chrome but everything else was broken

so i reformatted ant then rvm didnt work and ugh

you need a new computer. it will work after you buy a new computer with yosemite already installed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

l o l

quote:

Mac OS X (10.10) Yosemite Compatibility News

Native Instruments has conducted compatibility tests with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite which have shown current NI products to work without any specific issues under standard installations of this operating system.

However, products with a hardware dependency, such as Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, Traktor, Guitar Rig and Controller Editor will not launch when AVIDs CoreAudioManager/Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

Native Instruments is currently conducting further systematic compatibility and performance tests with the release version of Yosemite, and will provide new information as it becomes available.

absolutely loving shameful

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it wouldn't be an osx service pack if it didn't break half of your poo poo and some network thing

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

graph posted:

l o l

quote:

Mac OS X (10.10) Yosemite Compatibility News

Native Instruments has conducted compatibility tests with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite which have shown current NI products to work without any specific issues under standard installations of this operating system.

However, products with a hardware dependency, such as Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, Traktor, Guitar Rig and Controller Editor will not launch when AVIDs CoreAudioManager/Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

Native Instruments is currently conducting further systematic compatibility and performance tests with the release version of Yosemite, and will provide new information as it becomes available.

absolutely loving shameful

christ..

how does simply reinstalling my MOTU audio drivers work in yosemite but NI not keep up
i'm pretty sure NI has a much bigger following than MOTU and can afford to prepare customers with compatible software/drivers

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

oh no! not t-t-t-the djs

how will lovely over-hyped non-music ever recover from this setback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
well its only for software with special hardware attached so firing up your playlist from a thumbdrive will probably still work.

• Locked thread