Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
There's nothing wrong with disliking cats but if you're one of those people who professes murderous intent for cats suspiciously quickly or worse, when unprompted than you should probably take a long hard look at how much of a pathetic piece of poo poo you are.

Than kill yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJFp272w9u8

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
In short, dogs are awesome, but they typically show emotion to anyone, even strangers. Cats want nothing to do with strangers. Since you have to earn a cat's trust, people who never owned cats tend to hate them. I had no strong opinion on them before my wife brought her childhood cat into our home, and after a few months, I saw what all the hubbub was about!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I bought one of those Crosman air guns just to kill cats. I dug a pit to throw the bodies in and I cover it with grass clippings. gently caress cats. The smell of catpiss makes me gag. Now what bitch.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I bought one of those Crosman air guns just to kill cats. I dug a pit to throw the bodies in and I cover it with grass clippings. gently caress cats. The smell of catpiss makes me gag. Now what bitch.

Yeah, exactly like this.

Also kill yourself.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Cats are carriers of toxoplasmosis, which affects your brain and turns you into a crazy cat lady who's house smells like cat piss.

Enough reason for immediate termination of all felines in my opinion.

This message sponsored by dogs.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

there's something a little off about people who have an overly strong preference for cats over dogs or dogs over cats, I don't trust someone who hates either

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lunixnerd posted:

Cats are carriers of toxoplasmosis, which affects your brain and turns you into a crazy cat lady who's house smells like cat piss.

Enough reason for immediate termination of all felines in my opinion.

This message sponsored by dogs.

Vegetables also carry toxoplasmosis, point invalidated

Torka posted:

there's something a little off about people who have an overly strong preference for cats over dogs or dogs over cats, I don't trust them

Yea this. They are both awesome animals for entirely different reasons.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
seems reasonable

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Vegetables also carry toxoplasmosis, point invalidated

Yea this. They are both awesome animals for entirely different reasons.

You can wash vegetables, point revalidated.

Kill all cats.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Lunixnerd posted:

Kill all cats.

you can wash cats too if you aren't a spineless turd.

edit

so you can't.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Is this the new toxo crew thread? :3:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I love cats. I really do. I love dogs. I really do.

Its easy to love dogs though so that never comes up. But loving cats makes leads to all sorts of weirdness. For all the reasons already stated though, so, I have nothing to contribute

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Cats are okay when you want a laid-back experience and want a pet you don't need to pay much attention to.
If you want to play and have fun though, dogs are the absolute best. They need a lot of attention though.

Me, as soon as I retire, I'm moving out to the Patagonia and I'm getting two dogs and I'll just chill out on my porch by the lakeside playing with my dogs all day.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Motherfucker posted:

There's nothing wrong with disliking cats but if you're one of those people who professes murderous intent for cats suspiciously quickly or worse, when unprompted than you should probably take a long hard look at how much of a pathetic piece of poo poo you are.

Than kill yourself.

No I think hating cats is the logical and rational response to an animal that's a sociopathic shithead. Creating cats was one of humanity's biggest mistakes and they should be exterminated like the vermin they are

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lunixnerd posted:

Kill all cats.

toxoplasmosis is carried only in cat faeces and is not airborne

solution: stop eating cat faeces

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Yaldabaoth posted:

No I think hating cats is the logical and rational response to an animal that's a sociopathic shithead. Creating cats was one of humanity's biggest mistakes and they should be exterminated like the vermin they are

Yaldabaoth posted:

an animal that's a sociopathic shithead.

Kill yourself.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Yaldabaoth posted:

Who created cats, anyway? I blame Monsanto.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Pochoclo posted:

Cats are okay when you want a laid-back experience and want a pet you don't need to pay much attention to.
If you want to play and have fun though, dogs are the absolute best. They need a lot of attention though.

Me, as soon as I retire, I'm moving out to the Patagonia and I'm getting two dogs and I'll just chill out on my porch by the lakeside playing with my dogs all day.

wrong, you messed up. but thats okay, as long as you dont want to exterminate all cats.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

So cat lovers eat cat poo poo, thanks for clearing that up

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
if you own a cat and you live in an apartment i'm sorry but your apartment smells like poo poo and piss and i hate going to it. it doesn't matter if you have the friendliest most loving cat ever, your cat has turned your apartment into a shitpisshole

if you own a dog they can be an rear end in a top hat but at least there's something you can do to keep them from making your place of residence stink worse than pretty much everything else

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Did you know that each cat and dog is unique? They all have distinct personalities just like humans!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Motherfucker posted:

Kill yourself.

There's nothing sociopathic about wanting to exterminate an animal that carries a dangerous mind-altering parasite

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Yaldabaoth posted:

There's nothing sociopathic about wanting to exterminate an animal that carries a dangerous mind-altering parasite

But enough about the Jews.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Isn't it airborne when the poop's been around so long that it desiccates and breaks apart? So the solution is really just to stop leaving cat poo poo piled up in your litter boxes, and for the rare moments you actually clean them out be sure to wash your hands like a grown-rear end person.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

Isn't it airborne when the poop's been around so long that it desiccates and breaks apart? So the solution is really just to stop leaving cat poo poo piled up in your litter boxes, and for the rare moments you actually clean them out be sure to wash your hands like a grown-rear end person.

No the toxoplasmosis is long dead by that point

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cats are a bunch of poo poo

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

No the toxoplasmosis is long dead by that point

What, you're saying Trainspotting lied to me?

Can a Scottish man still fit into a toilet though? :ohdear:

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

King Vidiot posted:

that's hantavirus, which is probably the best real argument for cats remaining

there is no argument in defense of cat owners, however

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

In short, dogs are awesome, but they typically show emotion to anyone, even strangers. Cats want nothing to do with strangers. Since you have to earn a cat's trust, people who never owned cats tend to hate them. I had no strong opinion on them before my wife brought her childhood cat into our home, and after a few months, I saw what all the hubbub was about!

Unless youre like me and have a complete slut for a cat

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Pochoclo posted:

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
i own a cat and am constantly trying to kill it, the feeling is mutual

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Pochoclo posted:

Again, my slut cat begs to differ.

Honestly I don't think one person alone could take car of her

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cucking Mama posted:

seems reasonable

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

King Vidiot posted:

What, you're saying Trainspotting lied to me?

Can a Scottish man still fit into a toilet though? :ohdear:

yesh.

fun fact the scots are teh inspiraiton for teh "dwarves" in hit movie the lord of the rings

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
I'm working on a theory that cats aren't actually mammals they're just free-roaming manifestations of mental illness, every time you get a new disorder a new one pops into existence and starts pissing in your house

They aren't always visibly present cause guys like Yaldabaoth obvs skinned theirs alive at age 12 but they're still there

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Cat tastes a bit like pork.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

uhh unless they're trained dogs tend to distrust anyone they're not familiar with. from there it just takes a small push to get them literally murdering anyone who isn't their master

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i don't know anyone with murderous intent of cats motherfucker but like everybody dislikes them probably because they suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

I'm working on a theory that cats aren't actually mammals they're just free-roaming manifestations of mental illness, every time you get a new disorder a new one pops into existence and starts pissing in your house

They aren't always visibly present cause guys like Yaldabaoth obvs skinned theirs alive at age 12 but they're still there

Like hell I'm going to put up with antisocial bullshit from a dumb parasite-breeding animal that doesn't know its place

• Locked thread