Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

olive oil owns but so does butter

well, cya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
margarine is a better lubricant in a pinch, that's why i always keep a tub under my bed

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

butter + coffee + crossfit = good livin'

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Olive oil is funny because people think it is really healthy for you and as such you can use as much as you want even though it is super, super, super calorie dense. I once had someone tell me that pesto is a diet food, lol.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nomadologique posted:

margarine is a better lubricant in a pinch, that's why i always keep a tub under my bed

wrong again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Tango_in_Paris

YourHealthyColon
Nov 21, 2013
the heat from the toast melts the butter

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Three Olives posted:

Olive oil is funny because people think it is really healthy for you and as such you can use as much as you want even though it is super, super, super calorie dense. I once had someone tell me that pesto is a diet food, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttC7KbE_uDo

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
butter is $5/lb in Wisconsin for fucks sake, what is going on

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
butter and margarine are both pretty good on toast. welp, see ya

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
ive never liked plain butter on toast. it's pretty gross but a good garlic butter is the poo poo. old spaghetti factory had good garlic butter and bread iirc

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

nomadologique posted:

this man gets it. a little oleo for the holeo

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Zadus Rejan posted:

Yes when I buy it by mistake.

how the gently caress do you accidentally buy margarine.

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014

Three Olives posted:

olive oil is literally the healthiest substance in the world other than a slab of salmon or raw garlic, the only danger from drinking a cup of raw olive oil is the shits. people dont get fat from olive oil they get fat from frying their metabolism with breaded processed cumcakes and never exercising at all.

also margarine is for white trash people with diabetes i think there was a study a year or so ago where they found margarine causes every kind of cancer and in the words of the researcher, "you are the dumbest, shittiest human being if you eat margarine under any circumstances"

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Myron Baloney posted:

butter is $5/lb in Wisconsin for fucks sake, what is going on

State price supports?

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Butter is actually better for you than margarine

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My mom had a single amazing baking recipe that was some how better with margarine than butter, that's my only experience with it. Aren't they like the same price now anyways?
Margarine is like instant coffee, a horrible money saving idea that has no right or need to exist anymore.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Three Olives posted:

I use the zero calorie stuff that comes in a spray bottle, healthy and convenient!

It's not the calories that will kill you hth

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
My roommate works for Unilever at the largest margarine factory in the world, so chances are if you live in the states he hosed with your not butter.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
they also make some blended poo poo "Imperial" that's like half butter, half margarine. my roommate buys that but gently caress it, i cop the fresh sweet cream from a local dairy, nahmsayin?

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009

so people 50-100 years ago ate ridiculous amounts of butter by modern standards yet managed to avoid being gigantic land whales? interesting

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Eat it? I use it as a facial scrub and JO lube

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I got interested enough to check on butter prices, I guess exports to places like Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Morocco are way up. Well I guess they need some butter too dang it

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
butter was kinda expensive last time I bought it. but I use smart balance whenever I reasonably can. obviously if I was baking tough I would use real butter.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Trans fats are going to loving kill you

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
smart balance doesn't have any trans fats, nigga. in fact, it's a good source of omega3's

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

so people 50-100 years ago ate ridiculous amounts of butter by modern standards yet managed to avoid being gigantic land whales? interesting

yea actually. they also had less gyms and working out was not the incredible industry it is now. 'fat' consumption has fallen but sugar consumption has doubled in it's place (all that reduced fat! packaging usually meant upping the sugar) which is whats really causing a lot of problems.

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014

Xaris posted:

yea actually. they also had less gyms and working out was not the incredible industry it is now. 'fat' consumption has fallen but sugar consumption has doubled in it's place (all that reduced fat! packaging usually meant upping the sugar) which is whats really causing a lot of problems.

the moral of the story is 90% of americans have absolutely no idea how metabolisms work and will continues to flounder like diabetic whales from one food fad to another

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i buy butter/margarine hybrids

margarine with butter in it

it's pretty good

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Alas Boobylon posted:

the moral of the story is 90% of americans have absolutely no idea how metabolisms work and will continues to flounder like diabetic whales from one food fad to another

People are stupid. Marketing can prey on the stupid to make money. Money gained from the stupid is then used on other stupid things.

Stupidity keeps the economy going

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Alas Boobylon posted:

olive oil is literally the healthiest substance in the world other than a slab of salmon or raw garlic, the only danger from drinking a cup of raw olive oil is the shits. people dont get fat from olive oil they get fat from frying their metabolism with breaded processed cumcakes and never exercising at all.

also margarine is for white trash people with diabetes i think there was a study a year or so ago where they found margarine causes every kind of cancer and in the words of the researcher, "you are the dumbest, shittiest human being if you eat margarine under any circumstances"

lol at people who think butter is bad for you

this bag of processed corn from left over corn processing is good for me because it's only ten calories!!! *is fat as gently caress*

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
it can be found literally everywhere in processed foods.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
My grandma is the only person I know who still buys margarine anymore, and only because she gets a "good" deal from our navel base grocery store. She only saves like 29 cents. :v:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rolling on the floor laughing at idiots who store their butter in the fridge and don't realize that it's pretty much shelf stable.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
did anyone ever use margarine (that wasn't retarded)?

i seldomly use butter as I find it unnecessary on sandwiches etc. For cooking it's a necessity but I try to avoid it where possible.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

quote:

Rolling on the floor laughing at idiots who store their butter in the fridge and don't realize that it's pretty much shelf stable.

au contraire i once tried to "build my shelves on butter not on stable rock" as it were and it didn't last long let me tell you!!

nomadologique fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 22, 2014

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
marhgarine aka darkie butter

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Three olives and I want to know what's wrong with our buttr

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Now I want to see the scene itself

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Tbqh I don't use fake spray butter for any calorie or health reasons it's just nice to use a spray bottle for the only things I want to put "butter" on. If they figure out a way to put real butter in a spray bottle I'm cool with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

nomadologique posted:

au contraire i once tried to "build my shelves on butter not on stable rock" as it were and it didn't last long let me tell you!!

no, don't lean there! that's load-bearing butter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ronIL1A5f80

• Locked thread