Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
huh, LeBryan Nash is still in college. Thought he graduated/left for the draft years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

How good is the competition though?

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

chunkles posted:

Roy Hibbert went from not being able to do a push-up

hahaha for real?

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

Meh, Harrison isn't the problem with Towns. He gets plenty of touches in the post and around the basket, he's just a huge wuss who wilts if he gets hit in the paint. Dude just finesses poo poo around the basket and is incredibly weak with the ball (gets stripped a lot). Not to mention he always tries overly complicated poo poo instead of just going to the rim, like against Bama, he did some turnaround fadeaway shot against a defender 3 inches shorter and 25 lbs lighter.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

MourningView posted:

He'll go first round and get guranteed money so it's not a huge mistake. He could go higher next year but he could also drop like a rock if he doesn't take a big step forward. At his size he can only live on the potential thing for so long. And without knowing more I could see him being unhappy with his role at KU.

Yeah, kinda reminds me of Poythress' situation after his freshman year. If he doesn't improve, his stock will plummet.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

What happens with him this year considering the injury?

I mean, I guess he comes back. Dude will have graduated with a degree in finance or business administration or something after this year though and along with the fact UK has a decent chance to win a national title this year, he may decide to just move on.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

Cauley-Stein runs the floor really well for a big and has very soft hands. While he's not great offensively hes shown improvement in that category every year at Kentucky, and he's the best defensive big in college basketball. Struggles a bit with huge centers but he can defend the post well, can legitimately switch onto guards on the perimeter and prevent them from driving around him. The big question with him is his effort/motor because he'll randomly just kinda glide through a game and have like 3 points and a rebound.

e: Also, he'll randomly(once every 5 games or so) decide he's a point guard and try to dribble through the press or thread a pass through traffic.

Kidd-Liggit fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 18, 2015

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

Wasn't Shabazz Muhammad literally a product of his dad's Eugenics strategy?

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

EvanTH posted:

Labissiere apparently had some extremely shady poo poo going on with some Caretaker/Agent/Guardian who sounded a little like a basketball-poverty predator from the writeups I seen, he ain't even in the NCAA yet and folks is already exploiting the poo poo out of him.

At some point he was apparently playing basketball for some prep academy that doesn't technically exist?

edit: for clarifying, his guardian was doing all the shady poo poo, Skal seems to be a fine young boy from all reports

His guardian, by all indications, is a shady dipshit. First, he encourages Skal to transfer and didn't realize that he would be ineligible for a year so he created a prep team for him. So while Skal is going to a real high school, he essentially plays for living room prep. There are also rumors of his guardian looking for handouts and trying to exploit the kid but its hard to separate what parts are true (this guy is shady enough for parts of this to be true) and what parts are sour grapes from people in Memphis that didn't like him leaving the area (see Bruce Webber and the Anthony Davis rumors).

e: by people in memphis, I mean other AAU coaches, not Pastner or his staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

kiimo posted:

I'd rather team up Okafor and Randle than Towns and Randle, just my opinion.

Okafor and Randle would be awful defensively, so I'd lean towards Towns just to have one defender between the two bigs.

Kidd-Liggit fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 5, 2015

• Locked thread