Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Reddit is going nuts over a dunk by that kid from Kansas in which he just sort of lowers his shoulder into a guy and then dunks, the Shaq Special. I've seen very little of the guy but he doesn't look like he has much basketball ability. He is a really good athlete but other than that I haven't seen him do a single thing. Is that accurate at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Barbosa had similar measurements when he came out

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Philly watches MCW jumpers so go off of that

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX89ijwRFV8

He walks on just about every basket he scores in the first half of that video and he's pretty awkward but he gets the job done. No jumpers, though. Hook shots from outside the paint!

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

It was my own understanding that a big part of what made Cousins go from potentially great to great is not shooting so many of those midrange shots and just going down low and doing what he does best more frequently. Why would you draft a less skillful guy who'd take up more space down low and force Cousins out to the midrange area again? I know he's improved from there and some low usage guy won't be the one necessarily forcing a guy like Cousins out but look at Omer Asik. He's low usage and not particularly offensively skilled so the only area he's respected is near the basket, forcing others away from him. Also, what is the benefit of having a 280lbs guy like Cousins gambling on the perimeter defensively?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Ugh you're right. I need to look at BBR before making posts that go off of my dumb eye tests

Anyway, does Okafor project into something like a taller Elton Brand?

• Locked thread