Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

TWX Wrestling was a little known independent wrestling promotion from the midwest. It only lasted a few years, but the memories have lasted a lifetime. I was a student in the area at the time. I had aways been a big fan of wrestling, including wrestlers like:

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Andre the Giant

and noted daughter rapist Hulk Hogan.

I enjoyed watching the greased up men sit on each other's faces, for entertainment. But what I liked the most about wrestling, and I know this is kind of weird, but it's the truth: what I liked most about wrestling, always, was ...

The Drama.

(note: this image is against drama but I have always been in favor of it, when it comes to wrestling of course. It should say wake me up when the drama starts.).

And that's what was so cool about TWX Wrestling. There was plenty of drama. In fact, this league was notable for the fact that there were never any matches shown; they relied entirely on character drama. It was kind of like the Aaron Sorkin show Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, in that it focused on what was going on "back stage," except if Studio 60 never showed any sketches, which it shouldn't have, because it made the whole "the writers are geniuses" thing ridiculous. Another thing I don't like about Aaron Sorkin is how he writes for women.

TWX Wrestling was one of the first ever to focus on character drama instead of fighting. A smart move, if you ask me. We've all seen a folding chair strike a man on the head, or fantasized about resting our weary heads atop the glistening chest of a muscled man. But what I want to know is, who said what to who? Who slept with who? Who is the bad guy (often referred to as "the ball") and who is the good guy ("the champ")?

This is a thread to reminisce about TWX Wrestling and post your favorite story lines from its storied history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
5d

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Is this thread what "creepy pasta" is?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
yea

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
this is indeed a thread

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Not many people know this but WWE's entire storyline with Rusev is mostly just ripped off from what TWX did with another famous Midwestern wrestler, Nikita "The Russian Bear" Koloff

I'm pretty sure it was the first promotion to ever do an angle based around human trafficking and a lot of people look back fondly on his catchphrase "if you want to be a model gimme a hell yeah and also show up at this warehouse" but personally I felt it was very problematic

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

this wasnt very funny

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Aaron Sorkin is a hack!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cardboard Box posted:

this wasnt very funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

this wasnt very funny
but man he said one thing and put a picture of another, unrelated thing isnt that wacky

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

but man he said one thing and put a picture of another, unrelated thing isnt that wacky

you could almost say it's zany

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Endorph posted:

I don't like this whole pop culture mash up nerd thing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
PSP is havin' fun tonight Maggle! haha I love it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I remember this one time on the TWX Wrestling message boards when someone posted a thread about some fictional wrestling fed called WWE and nobody cared and then he got banned from the internet IRL.

• Locked thread