Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zzulu posted:

hm, i wouldn't know

all I know is that in ancient china having a male lover made you cooler

"The political ideologies, philosophies, and religions of ancient China regarded homosexual relationships as a normal facet of life, and in some cases, promoted homosexual relationships as exemplary. Ming Dynasty literature, such as Bian Er Chai (弁而釵/弁而钗), portrays homosexual relationships between men as more enjoyable and more "harmonious" than heterosexual relationships.

As in Ancient Rome, homosexual relationships were prevalent in ancient China and were not regarded as morally deviant prior to the influence of foreign cultures. Writings from the Liu Song Dynasty claimed that homosexuality was as common as heterosexuality in the late 3rd century:

All the gentlemen and officials esteemed it. All men in the realm followed this fashion to the extent that husbands and wives were estranged. Resentful unmarried women became jealous."

lol
:gay:

ancient china and modern china have exactly zero to do with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Zzulu posted:

The More You Know

A three-day dog-eating festival in China that has been practiced for the last 600 years has been banned after a wave of online outcry.

The annual festival held in Qianxi Township, Jinhua City in Zhejiang Province was cancelled after hundreds of thousands of netizens criticised it on social networking platform Weibo, news agency Xinhua reported.

A Weibo user named Junchangzai launched an online campaign to condemn the festival and his post was retweeted over 100,000 times. Photos showing encaged, skinned and butchered dogs from past festivals were posted online to garner awareness on the upcoming festival.

A survey administered by the local government reported that most local villages opposed the carnival. Junchangzai and other users also called on the government to intervene and ban the festival.

After the festival was banned, Junchangzai said, "The government's quick response should be encouraged. I hope eating dogs will not be a custom there anymore. It's not a carnival, but a massacre."

However, some villagers were unhappy with the ban. "It's our tradition, which the government has no right to ban," a villager told Xinhua.

The tradition dated back to 1389 commemorates the troops of Zhu Yuanzhang, who secretly silenced the dogs by killing them before seizing Qianxi. After the victory, soldiers feasted on the slaughtered dogs. The tradition of eating dogs is celebrated by an ancient fair that was replaced by a modern commodity fair.

meanwhile, keep eating chickens cows pigs turkeys fish of all kinds and whatever the gently caress else you feel like, just NOT dogs

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nomadologique posted:

meanwhile, keep eating chickens cows pigs turkeys fish of all kinds and whatever the gently caress else you feel like, just NOT dogs

dogs got personality. personality goes a long way

VincentPrice
Jun 26, 2009

Oh cool, it's another terrible racist Judge Dredd story by Mark Miller.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:
If you unzipped my pants, you would only find more pants.

Is that the guy from Mythbusters? Pretty sure that dude is Japanese. We've already had too many threads about Japan.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

weren't these japanese?

cause they look pretty japanese.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

lol this owns

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

I like the last panel's Bag of Farts WMD

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
mods please ban anyone who confuses china and japan itt

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Chinese bao, which're stuffed buns -- meat, typically:

Dumplings, blessed dumplings:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGXylS-HFgg

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Good food's important for coping with smog:

Shanghai Tower

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

better black bar that titty

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
China came up with all the cool stuff first. Japan just copied them, bunch of posers

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Accretionist posted:

Good food's important for coping with smog:

Shanghai Tower

You sure that isn't a Beksiński painting?

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

I'm glad this boob was covered. I would have not know what to do otherwise

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fandyien posted:

actually china is very uncool to gays but mostly because of the whole fillial piety thing

That better change, it's not like China needs more people and there's millions of Chinese guys with not enough women for them.

Also China (and lots of other folks) are going to be hosed when the glaciers in the Himalayas all melt from climate change by 2100, because then all the rivers dry up and there's a lot less water to go around for billions of people.

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 22, 2014

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
China made some cool weapons

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ya but tibet is china so it's ok

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Accretionist posted:

Chinese bao, which're stuffed buns -- meat, typically:

Why don't I have a pork bun in my hand? :sigh:

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

That is TREASON johnny

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Booourns posted:

That is TREASON johnny

loving beat me to it -.-

Firmy Shoyombo
Apr 3, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Ahh, nothing like a relaxing day at the beach!!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

The avant garde chinese fashion industry is shaping up to be a monster.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Lots of qt dumplings from Xi'an for you to enjoy.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Firmy Shoyombo posted:

Ahh, nothing like a relaxing day at the beach!!

Why is the woman in blue wearing both her bra and underwear underneath her bathing suit? Is that a thing people in China do, or just a thing that lady does?

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Mnemosyne posted:

Why is the woman in blue wearing both her bra and underwear underneath her bathing suit? Is that a thing people in China do, or just a thing that lady does?

It looks like she might just be an older person who does that.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

woah

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxiPnntGqwQ

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Meh, if you want some real Shaw Brothers nuttiness you got to go full bore with Buddha's Palm (1982)

http://youtu.be/EcvHgbq2RN4

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Zeno-25 posted:

That better change, it's not like China needs more people and there's millions of Chinese guys with not enough women for them.

Preference for male children is actually changing as Chinese parents realize that daughters are more likely to look after them in their old age than sons. The oft-mentioned gender disparity will likely start to close.

Also, the unwed male Chinese might have more to do with social and economic factors of late-stage capitalism than traditional mores, like our own beloved goons, redditors, and assorted spergs and washups.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNGvDQafrlQ
Another day at the wave pool.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Agag posted:

Preference for male children is actually changing as Chinese parents realize that daughters are more likely to look after them in their old age than sons. The oft-mentioned gender disparity will likely start to close.

Also, the unwed male Chinese might have more to do with social and economic factors of late-stage capitalism than traditional mores, like our own beloved goons, redditors, and assorted spergs and washups.

It could very much be a socio-economic thing. For instance, a lot of in-laws demand that the guy own a house and lol chinese housing prices.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

G-III posted:

Meh, if you want some real Shaw Brothers nuttiness you got to go full bore with Buddha's Palm (1982)

http://youtu.be/EcvHgbq2RN4

Not bad, but this Shaw Brothers opening is the real deal http://youtu.be/1fOGHcWGNtE

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

that pool has gotta be like 80% piss at this point

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
all pools are 80% piss

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013

get your loving jap outta here

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

I never really thought about Chinese gays but it seems China is okay with them, at least

:nws: ancient chinese faggots

Seems like male lovers was all the rage in ancient china

man, i know so little about china god drat

What you're seeing in the first picture are 100% of the women in China.

Gay communities sprung up mostly because there are actually zero women for miles in many areas.

The imbalance between men and women population wise still exists because they still keep killing the babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

The Taint Reaper posted:

What you're seeing in the first picture are 100% of the women in China.

Gay communities sprung up mostly because there are actually zero women for miles in many areas.

The imbalance between men and women population wise still exists because they still keep killing the babies.

eventually mother nature gonna get pissed, and the once-dormant, really buff and superfertile futanari chromosome is going to resurface after 5000 years of peace. i saw it in a documentary on the weather channel.

• Locked thread