Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the magician never comes back :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm not sure what your point is

it feels like you're just arguing to argue.

my point is that suboptimal play is always anti-town regardless of alignment, much like lurking. i don't think you disagree with that?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
somb always just leaves me confused and slightly annoyed, its natural kumba

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is so much talking and words and i just can't keep up with all of it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

somb always just leaves me confused and slightly annoyed, its natural kumba

you're experiencing the sensation of thought

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
nah i think a bunch, mostly about what i am going to have for dinner

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
answer: pizza

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about somber's casing pmom, but as it stands, they're the only one who's really generating any content. meanwhile, pmom's not really doing any casing of their own, and is instead just getting defensive.

pmach's vote seems a bit strange to me, as does rarity's, but that's nothing more than a gut feeling atm

capps is mostly just shitposting, but that may be a roleplay thing

kumba is criticizing somber's case, but isn't really making any case of their own

it's d1, so we don't have a lot to go on, but the best case I can see is to ##vote pinterest mom but I'd like to hear more from the lurkers

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
also would people mind posting their pronouns? I use he/him/his

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sorry i don't believe in pronouns but the newly invented by me connouns

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Taste prefers we/we/we

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Rarity and PMach are ladies.
I think the rest of us are guys.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I also think... your vote on me sucks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

that's a good idea. he/him/his.

EXAKTO you are definitely town so i would like to hear some stronger reads from you. i know that it is early but content doesn't happen otherwise. other than pinterest, can you name another player you think is scum and why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I also think... your vote on me sucks.

i'm keeping my vote on you more because of your reaction than the initial point. what do you think about kumba?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

that's a good idea. he/him/his.

EXAKTO you are definitely town so i would like to hear some stronger reads from you. i know that it is early but content doesn't happen otherwise. other than pinterest, can you name another player you think is scum and why?

capps is definitely sticking out to me. he seems to be trying to derail away from the content that's casing pmom. he's also just posting a lot and adding absolutely nothing of substance to the conversation, which comes of to me as scummy.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

capps is definitely sticking out to me. he seems to be trying to derail away from the content that's casing pmom. he's also just posting a lot and adding absolutely nothing of substance to the conversation, which comes of to me as scummy.

mafiaedit: I am curious as to why you think I'm "definitely town," however.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

mafiaedit: I am curious as to why you think I'm "definitely town," however.

the majority of your posting is contributing towards finding scum and that's hard to fake when you haven't played much mafia before. i've played too much mafia and if i can't read newbie scum by now then i suck.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

I prefer to only be referred to as the Great and Magnificent Rarity

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote somber

also look at pmach's lovely vote on me~

it was a lazy self vote

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
there can be only one

caring which one that is would require effort

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh i was confused about what was happening there

i agree that one of pm or pm is scum but i feel better about pm right now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
WHIIIIIICH PM IS THE REAAAAAAAL PM WHICH ONEE DO I SHOOOOOT

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
somber what do you do if we lynch pmom and he ends up being town?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

i'm keeping my vote on you more because of your reaction than the initial point. what do you think about kumba?

Kimball's logic seems sane. Yours seems insane.

Propaganda Machine posted:

it was a lazy self vote

It was a "joke" vote on me that came after someone started trying to get me killed. That looks really scummy to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote PM don't care which one, laters.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote PM don't care which one, laters.

what the gently caress is this?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

somber what do you do if we lynch pmom and he ends up being town?

I don't think that's a very productive conversation, it doesn't help us find scum. It's not something I can legitimately answer right now because pmom hasn't been lynched.

pm is right, pm's vote on him is a poo poo drive-by disguised by meta-content. however, pm's reaction to being voted, not just by pm but by me as well has felt very defensive. note that pm is voting me instead of pm despite pointing out pm's explicitly lovely vote. also i'm going to get made fun of for this but i stand by that using tildes or emoticons is more of a scum behavior than town. it sounds dumb but i've noticed it across a lot of games.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think that's a very productive conversation, it doesn't help us find scum. It's not something I can legitimately answer right now because pmom hasn't been lynched.

pm is right, pm's vote on him is a poo poo drive-by disguised by meta-content. however, pm's reaction to being voted, not just by pm but by me as well has felt very defensive. note that pm is voting me instead of pm despite pointing out pm's explicitly lovely vote. also i'm going to get made fun of for this but i stand by that using tildes or emoticons is more of a scum behavior than town. it sounds dumb but i've noticed it across a lot of games.

oh my god

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kimball's logic seems sane. Yours seems insane.

kumbal is making sound arguments that aren't meant to find scum, which is scummy.

is my sanity the driving factor in your vote?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

what the gently caress is this?

same.

Hal that's bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hal is playing low effort mafia, that's not a bad vote in that context

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

hal is playing low effort mafia, that's not a bad vote in that context

low effort is always bad imho because games are always more fun when everyone is trying to play.

it's also just bad bad because it creates a lovely situation for the mod to deal with.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jeez people are awfully touchy in this here mafia GAME.

Maybe I think both PM's are bad, hmmmmmmmmmm?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

:rolleyes:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

reminder: scummy italics

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think the italics emphasis that PM uses makes his whole point sound pretty phony. Like "I will distract you with this so you focus on those names and not my worthless point"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

reminder: scummy italics

Was I right?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

no

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well, you can't win them all...

Adbot