Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Dark Souls (the original, good one), as you might know, was released on PC with the very disliked and some might even say hated GFWL multiplayer framework. Well now, 2 years later, as GFWL dies a silent death, they have decided to port it over to steamworks next month. Praise the Sun! Why post this in GBS? Well, Dark Souls( the original one) is a family friendly hack n slash type game, that is probably the best game ever. So even if you hate videogames, you will like Dark Souls (the original, good one)

:darksouls:

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Dark Souls is a bad game and if you like it you are a bad person

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
That fuckin mushroom knocked that guy on his rear end haha owned.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Broenheim posted:

i cut you bitch

Beer Jerky
Nov 3, 2011

Broenheim posted:

I am literally upset with you.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i liked the part where i died

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

im pooping! posted:

i liked the part where i died

It's because you were prepared.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Has everyone figured out no.2 was bad yet?

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm not sure I liked that game because SKELLENTONS

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Poetic Justice posted:

Dark Souls (the original, good one), as you might know, was released on PC with the very disliked and some might even say hated GFWL multiplayer framework. Well now, 2 years later, as GFWL dies a silent death, they have decided to port it over to steamworks next month. Praise the Sun! Why post this in GBS? Well, Dark Souls( the original one) is a family friendly hack n slash type game, that is probably the best game ever. So even if you hate videogames, you will like Dark Souls (the original, good one)

:darksouls:

What is GFWL and why is this better than the version of the game I already have on steam???

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i would just like to say that dark souls 2 is only not good in comparison to dark souls 1, which is possibly the best console rpg of all time, and certainly the best modern rpg period.

so just, you know. ii'm not a huge gamer or anything because i like real art but dark souls 1 is a very good game and is much better than the last of us or hwatever

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Harime Nui posted:

What is GFWL and why is this better than the version of the game I already have on steam???

I'm not quite sure, you will have to ask a videogame expert for that. However, I can confidently say that Steamworks is cool, good, and neato, while Microsoft GFWL is bad, republican, and a redditor, I hope this sheds some light to your question.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i would just like to say that dark souls 2 is only not good in comparison to dark souls 1, which is possibly the best console rpg of all time, and certainly the best modern rpg period.

so just, you know. ii'm not a huge gamer or anything because i like real art but dark souls 1 is a very good game and is much better than the last of us or hwatever
:agreed:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
hey uh post more dark souls gifs, thanks

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

this one is my favorite

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Are there wizards in Dank Souls

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nostratic posted:

yes

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Nostratic posted:

Yes and they are assholes.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
This game appears to be very polarizing please briefly explain why it is good and/or stop posting forever

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Tujague posted:

This game appears to be very polarizing please briefly explain why it is good and/or stop posting forever
I played for about a week and realized that it was like 25% running back to where I died, 25% losing my way and wandering into a different zone and 49% dying and 1% actual progression.

I gave up once I stumbled into some spiral staircase. At the bottom? Some huge gently caress off monster thing with a club. Deleted all local files and haven't looked back since.

gently caress that game forever.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Muttonchips posted:

I played for about a week and realized that it was like 25% running back to where I died, 25% losing my way and wandering into a different zone and 49% dying and 1% actual progression.

I gave up once I stumbled into some spiral staircase. At the bottom? Some huge gently caress off monster thing with a club. Deleted all local files and haven't looked back since.

:owned:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Muttonchips posted:

ahahahahahahhahahahaa

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
This game really is loving incredible though

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

you see its a good game because its like old Nintendo games where its hard and when you die it sucks and faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarts

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
still need to finish this drat game. i think i left off on o&s

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

darkwing cuck posted:

still need to finish this drat game. i think i left off on o&s

Toejam and Earl are pretty cool guys.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

I swear to God my palms just started sweating from this image. I think I spent like an HOUR trying to beat this poo poo until I realized that I was probably in the wrong zone.

And then I realized I was lost and I had no idea where I was supposed to go.

No thank you.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm trying to think of a game I hate because I failed to look up a map and consequently got my rear end so completely beaten that I suffered delirium tremens years later

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Has everyone figured out no.2 was bad yet?

pmuch.

But that doesn't make this news less good.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Muttonchips posted:

I swear to God my palms just started sweating from this image. I think I spent like an HOUR trying to beat this poo poo until I realized that I was probably in the wrong zone.

And then I realized I was lost and I had no idea where I was supposed to go.

No thank you.

the game is actually easy, I think that you should ge tout of your comfort zone more and try games where you aren't gently railroaded into slightly increasingly more difficult enemies

oh no I have multiple paths: one path takes me to a bunch of monsters from hell who paste me in seconds, the other path I seem to be able to handle

I AM QUITTING THIS GAME FOREVER BECAUSE I WENT DOWN THE FIRST PATH

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

SHISHKABOB posted:

the game is actually easy, I think that you should ge tout of your comfort zone more and try games where you aren't gently railroaded into slightly increasingly more difficult enemies

oh no I have multiple paths: one path takes me to a bunch of monsters from hell who paste me in seconds, the other path I seem to be able to handle

I AM QUITTING THIS GAME FOREVER BECAUSE I WENT DOWN THE FIRST PATH
You sure seem passionate about Dark Souls lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Muttonchips posted:

You sure seem passionate about Dark Souls lol

i am luiterally the most passionate about Dark Souls that you can be

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

is ds 2 really bad? what is bad about it? i liked demons soulds and dark souls a lot

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

im a girl btw posted:

is ds 2 really bad? what is bad about it? i liked demons soulds and dark souls a lot

its not bad

its good

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

im a girl btw posted:

Then you will probably like it, I hear its not as good as ds 1 tho

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

i am luiterally the most passionate about Dark Souls that you can be

stop telling people its easy then, you're lying it takes a lot of learning

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Dark Souls is like Sonic the Hedgehog

You'll WANT to run forward all the time, and it's fun just to move around. But you can't do that, because the game is designed to kill you quickly if you do. So the first step to succeeding is to dial it back and pace yourself while exploring the level.

tl;dr Sonic and Dark Souls troll out everyone who plays them

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfv3cYJBEY

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 22, 2014

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
lots of bad gamers itt

get gud scrubs

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Throwdini posted:

stop telling people its easy then, you're lying it takes a lot of learning

yeah but learning is fun ergo easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
why buy dark souls on steam when you could buy skyrim, or fallout 3?? buy on console, because as far as i know, the ocnsoles do not have the last 2 games

• Locked thread