Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
However, don't ever, ever, ever type "marathon injury" into GIS because you won't find a funny picture to post itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!
i ran a 10k yesterday and my legs really hurt

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hot.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i ran a half marathon once without training

but im also naturally buff and cool

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

has ran

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

lol if you run for any reason

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
i was good at track and ran 3 marathons. surprise my knees are all creaky and pop like an old man in my late twenties. still pretty good when I'm consistend, just try to stay off concrete and hard pavement.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

numberoneposter posted:

yeah. basically anyone who is marginaly active and not obese can hop up and run a half marathon.. half marathons are jokes and anyone who posts finish line pictures of their amazing half marathon accomplishemnt should be hung drawn and quartered imo

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
honestly dont know how people run longer than 3 miles and not get bored to death

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

a starwar betamax posted:

yeah. basically anyone who is marginaly active and not obese can hop up and run a half marathon.. half marathons are jokes and anyone who posts finish line pictures of their amazing half marathon accomplishemnt should be hung drawn and quartered imo
wow man this is insensitive

running half marathons is an accomplishement worthy of facebook posting dont diminish me

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

why run when you can ride a scooter while eating it's 2014

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

dis

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

The only people I know who have run marathons aren't injured, just way too smug about an accomplishment that involves jogging.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

honestly dont know how people run longer than 3 miles and not get bored to death

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

you kinda enter this meditative zen of complete boredom while your body runs on automatic

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

i dunno maybe because you are out enjoying the beauty of nature and the exhilerating joy or endorphin surges and the meditative, tranquile state your mind and body enters.

or you can listen to uhh yeah dude that is what i do

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Exercise/not being morbidly obese is gay.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

the only people i know that run marathons are engineers and those people are barely human anyway

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Where do you keep your keys when you do a marathon, do you just put your car key in your sock and does that get irritating

Is it more irritating than white twentysomethings not shutting up about color run stuff

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Dely Apple posted:

Where do you keep your keys when you do a marathon, do you just put your car key in your sock and does that get irritating

Is it more irritating than white twentysomethings not shutting up about color run stuff

outside of the big runs in major cities, there are low key marathons with a few hundred people that are good, but those 5k color runs are social events and can eat a dick.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

Any idiot can do that though!

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Marathon running can also contribute to higher levels of plaque in the coronary arteries, at least from a study done on male runners. So long-distance runners got that going for them, too:

http://www.nationalreview.com/feed/374262/science-running-marathons-might-cause-heart-disease-greg-pollowitz

quote:

“Studies support a potential increased risk of coronary artery disease, myocardial fibrosis and sudden cardiac death in marathoners,” Peter McCullough, a Baylor University cardiologist, wrote as lead author of an editorial in the current Missouri Medicine. . .

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

i dunno maybe because you are out enjoying the beauty of nature and the exhilerating joy or endorphin surges and the meditative, tranquile state your mind and body enters.

or you can listen to uhh yeah dude that is what i do

I don't know about you, but I painstakingly think my way through a sexual encounter with Halle Berry, just laying out every single detail from the decour to the opening conversation before I begin thinking of exactly how I make the approach, begin sliding her dress off her shoulders, the light glinting off the bedposts etcedera and so on and before I know it I've killed the entire loop easily, usually I don't even get to finish but you get the idea

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Harime Nui posted:

I don't know about you, but I painstakingly think my way through a sexual encounter with Halle Berry, just laying out every single detail from the decour to the opening conversation before I begin thinking of exactly how I make the approach, begin sliding her dress off her shoulders, the light glinting off the bedposts etcedera and so on and before I know it I've killed the entire loop easily, usually I don't even get to finish but you get the idea

This is a really good idea can you go into more detail thabks

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dely Apple posted:

You either put it in a pocket or a water belt or leave thwm with your wife or hide them on rhe car or just carry them. Even if your a slow sack like me and It takes you 4 hours to finish a marathon... its not to long to hold something in your hand.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

lol you act like facebook posts are some sacred space where only worthy and meaningful things can be mentioned. most facebook posts are just racist rants against owebungle or whatever so half marathon photos are probably an improvement IDK i don't really use facebook because i'm not an old woman

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Feminition posted:

why run when you can ride a scooter while eating it's 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I really dont get why you would keep running and poop yourself. Unless you're in first place I'm running into some place and asking to use their bathroom. Hell even if in first place and there isnt some big prize money.

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE
if people are gonna run that's cool but people always want to tell you about the run they had, how far, etc

like, "hey good job, thank goodness someone got that out of the way. way to man up and do all that running, now I don't have to."

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I started trail running a while back and it's the tits. Once you get past the initial period where it hurts, it becomes just like hanging out and watching nature cruise by you at a good clip. Having an excuse to bust out the one-hitter and then spend an hour in the woods scrambling over brooks and roots and poo poo while listening to music is rad as hell; having an excuse to do it 3x a week feels like cheating at life.

Road running is for business majors and people who are super concerned with gluten. gently caress that noise.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I remember this video of a marathon I think where these two runners were on their hands and knees crawling to the finish line and everyone else was just running past them like "What up"

marathon runners are drama queens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTn1v5TGK_w

lol

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 22, 2014

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

This happened to me once but it was because I put protein powder in a travel mug with a pop on lid with my Keurig chai tea latte and run out the door because I was late for work and it exploded in my car so it was chai tea and protein powder instead of poop but just as embarrassing as I had to walk past my valet and concierge covered in tea and protein powder.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Sunglasses woman is so loving amused

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2TRUUu2uHo

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
for a fit person, the dividing line between 'requires training' and 'doesn't require training' is somewhere between 10 and 20 miles imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Run, Dieselboy! Dubstep's catching up!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I love running! I love running so much that a marathon doesn't even feel like 'distance running' anymore.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I was going to do a Disney marathon with my then-SO but it turns out they're actually really expensive and full of psychotic women so nahhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

Run, Dieselboy! Dubstep's catching up!

• Locked thread