Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I realized I have literally anything else to do rather than run for miles and accomplish nothing

Your car sticker is a cry for attention

It is sad and you make me sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Dely Apple posted:

Where do you keep your keys when you do a marathon, do you just put your car key in your sock and does that get irritating

Is it more irritating than white twentysomethings not shutting up about color run stuff

most runner shorts have a pocket over your tailbone, no jingle no prob.

In a Marathon there is a gear check so you don't really need anything.

I ran my first last week and am pretty proud of my accomplishment. I didn't get a blowjob for it or anything but I still feel good.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Ddraig posted:

I remember this video of a marathon I think where these two runners were on their hands and knees crawling to the finish line and everyone else was just running past them like "What up"

marathon runners are drama queens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTn1v5TGK_w

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTn1v5TGK_w&t=85s

lost it at that part.

LOl that fuckin crab walk.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Dely Apple posted:

Where do you keep your keys when you do a marathon, do you just put your car key in your sock and does that get irritating

Is it more irritating than white twentysomethings not shutting up about color run stuff

http://reviews.nike.com/9191/FC0068/nike-running-shoe-wallet-reviews/reviews.htm

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wow small world. Literally everyone I've injured has run a marathon!

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
nicely run races (like the pricey run disney races or color runs) have bag checks, gatorade stops, free food afterwards, free post-race parties, spectator seating and cheering sections, etc. big races usually have lots of corrals so you can run seriously or run-walk or, in some cases, walk the whole way. run disney also has nice medals for all finishers, photographers, dj's, special effects for certain races, character stops along the way for non-serious runners, and sometimes free park entry for extended hours after the race. p fun imo but then im not fat so ymmv

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
ran my ninth marathon on sunday going to run tokyo for #10, op i didnt read your post at all but im just assuming youre a fat goon human being who knows nothign about exercise :)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Do it ironically posted:

ran my ninth marathon on sunday going to run tokyo for #10, op i didnt read your post at all but im just assuming youre a fat goon human being who knows nothign about exercise :)

what.... what your timewas???

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
i guess if you want to make your nipples bleed in the slowest possible way, marathons are cool

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Melchior posted:

i guess if you want to make your nipples bleed in the slowest possible way, marathons are cool

ya.... or you could wear proper clothing (no shirt is an option) or put vasaline on your nops (that...is what i doo.................)

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
our executive director at work has ran a marathon in all 50 states, thats pretty cool

it takes a certain type of person to run a marathon, and that type isn't me.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i the little rock half marathon last year....and it was, embarrassing. to say the least. i got there kinda late so i was stuck at the very back on the starting corrals. back with the fats, walkers, etc....

so many fat moms wearing matching shirts and "funny" "cute" knee socks.

so many people in dumb costumes

so many people cheering people on from the sidelines with signs that said things like..."pain, is ONLY TEMPORARY!!!!! GO MARTHA!!!!" and "I think black toe nails....ARE HAWT! GO MRS. TOM-PLUMPKINS!!!"

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

numberoneposter posted:

i ran a half marathon once without training

but im also naturally buff and cool

i hope that if i train hard i will once again be capable of bipedal locomotion

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
walking or sprints are the only things you should do. jogging is stupid

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
running is dumb it's hard and if you get really, really good at it your reward is that you now look like you just came out of dachau

lift a weight

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

a starwar betamax posted:

ya.... or you could wear proper clothing (no shirt is an option) or put vasaline on your nops (that...is what i doo.................)

Use tape...

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Wrap your entire chest in painter's tape to avoid chafing, breathing

Gawdfather
Jul 29, 2011

rezatahs posted:

you kinda enter this meditative zen of complete boredom while your body runs on automatic

Runner's High, your body no longer feels tired, you can just go and go until your legs just run out of gas and stop working.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Gaunab posted:

walking or sprints are the only things you should do. jogging is stupid

whos jogging? everyone i know sprints marathons, you must know a bunch of pussies

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dely Apple posted:

Wrap your entire chest in painter's tape to avoid chafing, breathing

tape your butthole shut to keep the poo inside.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i get legit mad eye-are-ell when somebody calls running JOGGING

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
im seriously flipping out right now in fact...WHAT THE H*LL MAN this aint jogging..... did you jsut step outta a time machine????? the fact is that people called it jogging in the eighties and what good did THAT do them/.....9/11 still happened

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
do I LOOK like I wearing one of those power suits with shoulder pads or whatever???? well if not.... then i aint jogging bro

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
only thing gon be jogging...gon be you head when i jog it right off you neck

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
jogging

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
holy.....poo poo

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

im seriously flipping out right now in fact...WHAT THE H*LL MAN this aint jogging..... did you jsut step outta a time machine????? the fact is that people called it jogging in the eighties and what good did THAT do them/.....9/11 still happened

I call it jogging, what now?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
the balls on these guys ^^^^^ think they can mess with..... the junkyard dog :sigh: you fellas bout to learn to STEP OFF..... teacher: this guy *hooks thumbs 2wards chest, while frowning + shacking head back\forth

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007
Cool. Literally everyone I know has been injured too.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

the balls on these guys ^^^^^ think they can mess with..... the junkyard dog :sigh: you fellas bout to learn to STEP OFF..... teacher: this guy *hooks thumbs 2wards chest, while frowning + shacking head back\forth

You don't scare me...

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I run more miles in my sleep than you do in a week...

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

You don't scare me...

you best read up on chick tracks because im about to send you to a place called... hell. you may have heard of it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Biking is actually much faster than running, you'd be amazed

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

you best read up on chick tracks because im about to send you to a place called... hell. you may have heard of it

I have. I'm going there now, I'll be back in a hour and a half or so.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
......... you win this round.... but only because i have to go for a run (mid week long run.....what the) , but when i return, well, I'll let you fill in the blanks

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

:eyepop:

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I watched the Toronto marathon this past weekend and there was a guy who juggled the whole marathon, he also wore a bib called JOGGLER and ran it sub 3:30. Not bad lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Boston Strong

• Locked thread