Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Let's talk about weird things that have happened to us.

Mine are pretty mundane. One summer in high school I got bored and drove to Gettysburg with the family dog, figuring we'd find a cool trail to hike on or something. He was a happy, outgoing mutt who loved nothing more than going on walks, and would hop around like an idiot the second he got out of the car (RIP Alex :smith:). When we got there, I parked by a battlefield site and went to let him out. He REFUSED to get out of the car, just sat there shaking and whining no matter what I did. I eventually pulled him out, but he just slunk to the ground with his hackles up and it became apparent that we would not be going on a hike that day. Never saw him like that before or after, it was just really strange.

A few years later in college, I was hanging out with my then-roommate, watching TV or something. A single orange Reese's Piece materialized in mid air in the middle of the room, dropped to the floor and bounced a few times. Neither of us was eating anything at the time and there were no vents in the ceiling it could've dropped from or anything, :iiam:

Okay, those are both pretty lame and I'm sure you all could do a lot better. Tell me your strange stories, GBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I keep sucking dicks even when I don't intend to.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Are they supposed to be ghost stories or are we just telling stories in general?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm the Mothman, shittiest of the cryptids

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Windows 98 posted:

Are they supposed to be ghost stories or are we just telling stories in general?

Just weird stories is fine

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Please put emphasis on scary/spooky weird, lest you want more stories about how when he was 7 years old xxXGBSPosterXxx24 put spikes in his baseball bat and found a wild homeless cat with a broken leg.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I AM BRAWW posted:

Please put emphasis on scary/spooky weird, lest you want more stories about how when he was 7 years old xxXGBSPosterXxx24 put spikes in his baseball bat and found a wild homeless cat with a broken leg.

I'm already doing that thread

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
once i had to go clear the snarks and boojums out of my crawlspace with a broom and a spritzer full of lemon water

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
my skeleton tells me dark secrets about the true nature of this gay universe

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What if I were to tell you there were other worlds than this?
Realms of adventure, terror, and pleasure? Worlds where everything could be as YOU make it, or could destroy you in an instant!

I mean there aren't, but what would you say if I did tell you that?

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
The old Officer's Club that I used to work at was haunted by multiple ghosts. We had a marquee in the entrance of the club in a particular spot to cover up the ghost of the pilot that would appear at night, mostly on Friday and Saturday. He would appear briefly between 11 and midnight in a full old timey flight suit and just stand there for a moment. In the Chief's lounge upstairs on Sunday mornings the couch would have an indentation on it in the shape of a person as if someone were sleeping on it. Sometimes they would snore loudly. Those were the two that were consistent, other times would just be random bizarre poo poo. One time I was running drinks from the bar, which had a long hallway between it and the kitchen and could hear two children crying, nobody with kids was even in the building. I've heard that there was a super old grave just outside the club with a small lovely headstone but I didn't learn about that until I was talking to an older buddy of mine who worked there before I did.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

This is a story my dad told me that takes place in Vietnam. My dad is a scientist who doesn't believe in the paranormal. He was sleeping outside one night because it is never cold in Vietnam, and they lived next door to a ping pong club. The club was completely dark and empty and, at first, silent. In the middle of the night though, he started hearing the sound of ping pong balls bouncing as if someone was playing. With no light. In an empty building.

:tinfoil:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ping Pong balls probably rolled off a shelf because of a breeze of wind.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
The Woods
Trigger Warnings: Scary
The house I grew up in was at the top of a hill and the end of a dirt road with woods all around. There was an old wagon trail, a stream and all kinds of little trails that eventually led to a place called Dead Man's Swamp. Right before the swamp there was an old stone wall and on the other side were straight rows of huge old evergreen trees that someone planted back when the area was a field, now it was all in the middle of the woods.

There was this old log bridge, completely moss covered and half sunk in the swamp but you could still cross, and a little ways over was my friends house and eventually the next road. There was a lot of woods to explore and play in and my parents let us run free, call out into the trees when dinner was ready.

My parents would often leave me home alone and one night I heard terrifying screams, like someone was being tortured coming from the woods. I just kinda huddled on the screen porch with the dog and wondered if my 10yo self should try to go and help whoever or whatever it was. Later I found out it was most likely a rabid raccoon or possibly a single Reese Pieces lost in the woods.

fin

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
my folks had always told me not to go to ghost death swamp graveyard, but one night i did. what i saw in that swampy graveyard will haunt me forever: a bunch of ghosts moaning and hollering amongst the bobtails and tombstones. i have never set foot in ghost death swamp graveyard since... ive seen enough swamp ghosts to last a lifetime

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

Luvcow posted:

The Woods
Trigger Warnings: Scary
The house I grew up in was at the top of a hill and the end of a dirt road with woods all around. There was an old wagon trail, a stream and all kinds of little trails that eventually led to a place called Dead Man's Swamp. Right before the swamp there was an old stone wall and on the other side were straight rows of huge old evergreen trees that someone planted back when the area was a field, now it was all in the middle of the woods.

There was this old log bridge, completely moss covered and half sunk in the swamp but you could still cross, and a little ways over was my friends house and eventually the next road. There was a lot of woods to explore and play in and my parents let us run free, call out into the trees when dinner was ready.

My parents would often leave me home alone and one night I heard terrifying screams, like someone was being tortured coming from the woods. I just kinda huddled on the screen porch with the dog and wondered if my 10yo self should try to go and help whoever or whatever it was. Later I found out it was most likely a rabid raccoon or possibly a single Reese Pieces lost in the woods.

fin

Probably just a fellow future-goon driving nails into a woodchuck's balls.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I collect spores, molds and fungus

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

my folks had always told me not to go to ghost death swamp graveyard, but one night i did. what i saw in that swampy graveyard will haunt me forever: a bunch of ghosts moaning and hollering amongst the bobtails and tombstones. i have never set foot in ghost death swamp graveyard since... ive seen enough swamp ghosts to last a lifetime

Welp guess I'm not sleeping tonight!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Pulp Can Move posted:

Probably just a fellow future-goon driving nails into a woodchuck's balls.

That reminds me of another story

The Couple

One summer night, a teenage boy was going out on a date with his new girlfriend. He picked her up at her house and they drove out to the edge of town. They parked the car in a secluded spot that was a well-known Lovers’ Lane.

As they gazed out at the lights of the town, the boy put his arm around the girl and switched on the car radio so they could listen to some romantic music. He leaned over and the young couple began kissing and cuddling. Just as they were getting into the mood, the music suddenly stopped and a news-reader’s voice came on the radio.

“This is an emergency announcement. Earlier tonight, a crazed murderer escaped from the state mental asylum. Police are warning citizens to be on their guard since the patient is considered armed and dangerous. The insane killer is nicknamed “The Hook Man” because, after he lost his right hand in an accident, it was replaced with a steel hook. Everyone in the area should be on the lookout for a man fitting this description. If you see anything suspicious, you should report it to the police immediately.”

The girl became frightened and asked to be taken home. She knew that the state insane asylum was not far from the Lovers’ Lane. She was also worried that the remote area where they were parked was the perfect spot for a deranged madman to lurk.

The boy was feeling brave and assured his girlfriend that they were perfectly safe. He locked all of the car doors, then tried to kiss her again. The girl became frantic and pushed him away, insisting that they leave immediately.

In a huff, the boy slammed the car into gear and spun its wheels as he pulled out of the parking space.

On the way back to town they both calmed down, but the girl still held on tightly to her boyfriend.

When they pulled up outside the girl’s house, the boy got out of the car and walked around to open the door for his girlfriend.

For a long time he just stood there, staring at the door. At first the girl couldn’t figure out what was wrong; then she realized that her door was still locked. She smiled and unlocked it.

Still, the boy just stood there.

The girl was puzzled and rolled down her window. Then she saw that the boy was staring down at the door handle. Slowly, she looked down herself and began to scream uncontrollably.

There, hanging from the door handle, was a single Reese's Pieces.

fin

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I woke up once to feeling a hand pushing agaihst my back while sleeping on my side. I began to rock back and forth as it pushed me.

I was alone at the time and fully away. I was so terrified I couldn't even speak. I worked up enough courage to reach back and swat the had but nothing was there.

At that point I was genuinely freaked out so I did what any person would do. I farted and went back to sleep.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
as a kid i kept a 9 volt battery in my mouth until it didnt taste tangy anymore and then got bored and went outside and found out i could swing over the swingset

couple hours later the swingset effect wore off, but to this day i cant wear windup watches or sleep in a mans arms without the risk of finding either one not ticking in the morning

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
a friend of a friend said a glass of milk jumped off the table and doused their mom... AND NOBODY TOUCHED IT!

something was moving in the woods and getting closer and closer and then a screen door started to open... IT WAS A GIANT SKUNK!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
My aunt and uncle used a ouja board in the house once.

Later people claimed they could see their cat. But their cat Dusty had been dead for years.

Also their house had a wine glass explode. IT flew off the top (the cup holding part) and landed back down on the glass perfectly in tact. But broken where it had been. SO you could like lift it up and put it back down.

Other weird poo poo started to happen so they said screw it and sold the house.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was once playing golf with three friends.
As our foursome teed up our opening shots on the fourth hole, I hit my shot down the right side of the fairway.
I saw it bounce and it rolled to a spot just right of the fairway in the open rough some 275 yards away. It was easy enough to spot and to guess how it would bounce.

After walking over to the ball and chatting with my friends as we went, when we arrived at the spot where the ball should be, it wasn't there.

We'd all clearly seen the shot and where it landed. But we walked around for a few minutes within a large area and could not locate the ball.

Terrifying.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I have been bumped by many large things of separate consistency and weight while out surfing. Each one is equally terrifying.

Also, the emotional swing between when you see the dorsal fin and when the dolphin exhales for the first time is an indescribable experience.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
As a small child reading a comic book in a quiet room, i simultaneously toyed around with a copper coin in my hand as the comic lay in my lap. I stopped fiddling with the coin and for whatever reason I put the coin on the back / spine / whatever the word is of the sofa, and carried on reading my comic. 2-3 minutes later, i heard a loud "DING!" noise, and looked up from my comic to see the coin now spinning on the floor, next to the wall at completely the opposite side of the room (the coin was gone from the back of the sofa so i'm p. sure it was the same coin). No explanation for this.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

One time there was a decade where these total faggots kept wrapping their anuses around my turgid member, like, over and over. What the hell, guys, keep it behind closed doors where we don't have to see that gay poo poo

Reer
Sep 27, 2007

by Ralp
i can't think of anything that weird or totally unexplainable happening in my life

*gets out guitar and plays rockin in the free world and knockin on heaven doors for 3 hours*

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
We used to go to this old imported Italian style mansion in the blue ridge mountains . Whole thing was made of marble. Abandoned a long time but someone obviously owned it still.

Anyways it had a slave house . It was spooky. We ran like little girls many times

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
theres a fat slender man http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FT6ID5O/

too spooky 4 u

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Let's talk about weird things that have happened to us.

Mine are pretty mundane. One summer in high school I got bored and drove to Gettysburg with the family dog, figuring we'd find a cool trail to hike on or something. He was a happy, outgoing mutt who loved nothing more than going on walks, and would hop around like an idiot the second he got out of the car (RIP Alex :smith:). When we got there, I parked by a battlefield site and went to let him out. He REFUSED to get out of the car, just sat there shaking and whining no matter what I did. I eventually pulled him out, but he just slunk to the ground with his hackles up and it became apparent that we would not be going on a hike that day. Never saw him like that before or after, it was just really strange.

A few years later in college, I was hanging out with my then-roommate, watching TV or something. A single orange Reese's Piece materialized in mid air in the middle of the room, dropped to the floor and bounced a few times. Neither of us was eating anything at the time and there were no vents in the ceiling it could've dropped from or anything, :iiam:

Okay, those are both pretty lame and I'm sure you all could do a lot better. Tell me your strange stories, GBS

wheres ladythread?

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
somebody with a flashlight clocked me in the woods at night and looked for me and started pretty much stalking me through the woods. I don't know who they were but I was shook and ran through a bunch of stuff, just away from their light. this was when I was like 14 but I'd probably react the same way if this happened now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Buce posted:

wheres ladythread?

it was closed which in retrospect is a good thing that happened. hail satan

• Locked thread