Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who the heck still even goes to K-Mart? The whole place smells like hot dog water and theres always the faint sound of a baby crying in the distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Just like your mom

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Just like your mom

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
walking into a k mart is like what encountering a dementor must feel like

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

NienNunb posted:

Who the heck still even goes to K-Mart? The whole place smells like hot dog water and theres always the faint sound of a baby crying in the distance.

lol what an odd thing to say

Bigtime Bra Guy
Jul 18, 2011
There's one that's closing in my town. I bought 2.5 lbs of fish there for six dollars last night and some Febreze.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I didn't know K-Mart still existed, sort of getting 90's nostalgia

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
Not all K-Marts are terrible. The one on Paoli Pike in West Chester is cleaner than the Walmart in Exton. I think this thread is only describing ghetto K-Marts like the one on 352 in Brookhaven.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzf5OL01Kpk

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
How can some shithole superstores do so well, while other shithole superstores do so poorly?

Kmart, Shopko, Pamida. All just as terrible as Wal-Mart and Target, yes Wal-Mart and Target still make bank.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

being in a kmart is even more depressing than being in a sears

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Arian_Samurai posted:

How can some shithole superstores do so well, while other shithole superstores do so poorly?

Kmart, Shopko, Pamida. All just as terrible as Wal-Mart and Target, yes Wal-Mart and Target still make bank.

you can't tell the difference between target and kmart?

felinelvr
Mar 8, 2007

Worked there for a few months like 25 yrs ago. It was awful but kinda fun because I got to help with security. Bad bad neighborhood. I remember having their hamburger special. Tasted good but always gave me the runs. Haven't been there in years and like Walmart will never shop there again.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

all the kmarts here got replaced by tile shops

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

quote:

In "Rain Man," autistic savant Raymond Babbitt (Dustin Hoffman) said it best in 1988: "Kmart sucks." Almost a quarter century later, that catchphrase rings true as Kmart closes more stores, lets go more employees and loses more customers. Kmart and Sears are both part of Sears Holdings (SHLD). It was brought out of its 2002 bankruptcy by hedge fund whiz Eddie Lampert with the promise of a turnaround

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/07/28/why-kmart-still-sucks-losing-stores-staff-customers/

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
more like gay fart.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Prettz posted:

being in a kmart is even more depressing than being in a sears

Oh yeah Sears is the loving pits too.

felinelvr
Mar 8, 2007

The one I worked at is now a call center.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

NienNunb posted:

Oh yeah Sears is the loving pits too.
when you walk into a sears it's like you suddenly become aware of what it's like to be desperately poor

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
goin to sears kind of owns because it feels like i could talk them into taking some beads for a new torque wrench

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

LifeSizePotato posted:

you can't tell the difference between target and kmart?

Well, Target is red, and has better lighting, but the concept is the same.

Maybe that's all it takes...

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Arian_Samurai posted:

Well, Target is red, and has better lighting, but the concept is the same.

Maybe that's all it takes...
targets are nice. much nicer than any walmart, even ones in rich areas.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
only hot women shop at target idk why probably physics

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
I didn't know Kmart and Sears was held by the same corp. No wonder I got the same vibe going into either. (The vibe was pure sadness)

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Kmart around here hasn't had its parking lot repaved in a good 20 years and it's a giant mass of potholes

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Kmart sucks but Sears is worse

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
walking into kmart is like traveling into the third world

kmart has items in the store that have literally been on shelves for 30 years. when they're actually on the shelves and not the floor.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
the last target i went in kinda smelled like a dirty hamster cage

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I was in K-Mart today because it's the cheapest place to pick up soda for lunch.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you replaced the Taylor Swift merch at Target with Duck Dynasty stuff, it would be a Wal-Mart.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Last time I checked (like a year+ ago) my K-Mart has the Lizzy MacGuire game for the Gameboy Color still on it's shelf, still full price.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Our Kmart closed shop last year or so. We're a small southern town with a Walmart so....

E: It's right beside the abandoned Winn Dixie too...it's actually really sad

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 22, 2014

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

NienNunb posted:

Last time I checked (like a year+ ago) my K-Mart has the Lizzy MacGuire game for the Gameboy Color still on it's shelf, still full price.

post pictures of this please. I want to know if they still sell Dreamcast or N64 games too

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Vorik posted:

lol what an odd thing to say

its a reference to a limp bizkit album

also for some reason kmarts end up turning into megachurches a lot of the time

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
We should all go to Kmart and do trip reports of the video game section

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

its a reference to a limp bizkit album

also for some reason kmarts end up turning into megachurches a lot of the time

No it's not Kmart just smells like hot dog water.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
if you want to study and awesome business case in how to gently caress up a huge company while making bank study the CEO of Sears Holdings. it's a crazy story and the CEO gets into flamewars with cashiers on social media and all sorts of crazy poo poo

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

NienNunb posted:

No it's not Kmart just smells like hot dog water.

Wait does Kmart still have like a concession stand at the front of the store that sells hot dogs and popcorn

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Psygnosis posted:

post pictures of this please. I want to know if they still sell Dreamcast or N64 games too

If it's still there I'll buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i only go into kmart to do a poo in the change rooms

• Locked thread