Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Gutcruncher posted:

I work at a Walmart and the back room has a TV constantly displaying "protect your culture" anti-union propaganda, along with a whole wall plastered with flyers (in two languages!) vilifying some website promoting unionizing Walmart.

art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just went to K-Mart and picked this up for $600

About three years back a friend of mine worked at there, they found a box of 40 chrono trigger snes cartidges, that fell behind a shelf and was lost to time. He got the whole box for 10 dollars. The only problem though is half of them had the batteries corrode the insides of them. 15 opened, 7 or 8 had the battery leak, so he replaced the batteries in those and sold um on ebay. Made like 800 dollars, the other 25, remains a mystery. K-marts lost inventory is like the warehouse in indian jones, but video games, and hipster watches in the crates.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you-dont-know

vlasic pickles almost died from wal-mart.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Shithouse Dave posted:

I keep wanting to buy one of those huge jars cause really big jars are kinda handy, but it will take me forever to eat all those pickles.

12 gallons of pickles is alot, but its good pickles, not the vinegar ones.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Three-Phase posted:

Boy there are a lot of Germans on SomethingAwful. :kiddo:

most of america identifies as german-anglo. 50 years ago

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
I'd rather pay 20 or 30 dollars more at tops, a saudi owned terrrist linked corp, than shop at walmart, because they accept coupons and I feel like I won. Wegmans here is ghetto as poo poo, marked down meats that are turning putrid in the package what a deal.

I lost my train of thought about being mad at grocery stores, the fact they exist is a miracle of nature.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Three-Phase posted:

"No, you cannot use the oven we put the silicon wafers in to reheat your pizza at lunch!"

intel finally recanted on fudging pentium 4's numbers, expect a can of tuna in the mail

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Ecco the Dopefiend posted:

There's a K-mart in a little strip mall near me. I seriously have no idea how it hasn't closed its doors yet. Any time I go in there, there are fewer people than at the Payless Shoe store next door and it's 20 times the size. It is however the only department store of its size within a 5 mile radius so I guess the condensed urban area surrounding must help keep it afloat. What a poo poo hole though.

I only shop at the payless shoe store because the lady likes me, and shoes me the next gen slippers.

customer for life

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

G-Mach posted:

Take German-Americans, the country's largest ancestry group with 49 million members. While they make up more than 30% of the population in the Midwest, they account for less than 10% of the population in the Deep South and California.

Explains a lot about the midwest.

You actually researched. lol

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

comes along bort posted:

there's individual cities/counties in the us that ban plastic bags or pass an ordinance charging a few cents to use them, but then the plastic bag manufacturers get wind of it and write a bill for the state legislature to pass which bans the practice and forces stores to use only plastic bags again

largest production of plastic is in california.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Pillow Clerk posted:

plz don't effortshame :(

I'm take one out off arizonas playbook, and just rip the page out of the book.

• Locked thread