Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
http://tiphero.com/how-to-peel-a-head-of-garlic-in-less-than-10-seconds/

SO here is how you loving do it Jesus Christ. I'm looking at you Sabel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Hello Al bOrland, how are you? I hope you are well. I am fine. I saw yout post on how to peel a head of garlic in less than ten seconds, and I c licked on the link, but I saw it was a video and I did not watch it. Is the secret to apply pressure to each individual thing of garlic so it cracks and you can easily peel the skin off? it seems like that miught take more than 10 seconds so perhaps that is not it. I learned this trci kwhile working in a kitchen. i had many experiecenes in that kitchen and most of them were bad. Once i found a dead rat in the wall

Hope this comment finds you well

lsd

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
did it, it works but peels go loving everywhere and it's still sticky as hell.

So, YMMV

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

the video this links to is 60 seconds long

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ps. i said that i hope you are well twice i hope that you take this as an opportunity to be twice as well and not see it as a meaninless platitute yours failfully

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ps. i meant platitude

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
YA NO I SAW THIS VIEO LAST NIGHT OK

but

BUT

somebody mentioned a technique of squeezing and bending or something?

an d i couldn't find any info on that

SOOO

some clarification IN THIS MATTER would be appreciated

thank you.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

lonesomedwarf posted:

Hello Al bOrland, how are you? I hope you are well. I am fine. I saw yout post on how to peel a head of garlic in less than ten seconds, and I c licked on the link, but I saw it was a video and I did not watch it. Is the secret to apply pressure to each individual thing of garlic so it cracks and you can easily peel the skin off? it seems like that miught take more than 10 seconds so perhaps that is not it. I learned this trci kwhile working in a kitchen. i had many experiecenes in that kitchen and most of them were bad. Once i found a dead rat in the wall

Hope this comment finds you well

lsd

It does. Also no pressure. You just shake it in a jar / bowl like you'd shake a crying baby.

nomadologique posted:

YA NO I SAW THIS VIEO LAST NIGHT OK

but

BUT

somebody mentioned a technique of squeezing and bending or something?

an d i couldn't find any info on that

SOOO

some clarification IN THIS MATTER would be appreciated

thank you.

If you're doing only a few you can just press them with the flat side of your knife and they pop out.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

the video this links to is 60 seconds long

he talks for ~50 seconds

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

another garlic secret is to chew on that fibrous plant part that the individual things come off

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

if i jizz on my garlic will that help ir ot hinder it??

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

did you know? save up your garlic skins and keep them in a tied up calico bag. when you have enough, insert your penis into the bag and leave it over night for 6 months. eventually youer foreskin will grow back!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

nomadologique posted:

if i jizz on my garlic will that help ir ot hinder it??

yes

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

overnight for 6 months isa confusing phrase but i'm sure you can explain it better through diagrams!

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Wouldn't doing that bruise the poo poo out of your garlic?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XHPJobY4uk

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Al Borland posted:

http://tiphero.com/how-to-peel-a-head-of-garlic-in-less-than-10-seconds/

SO here is how you loving do it Jesus Christ. I'm looking at you Sabel.
I learned how to peel garlic years ago from ltkman on youtube. I couldn't find the video right now but he did this thing where he smashed large chunks with his hand on the side of a cleaver like it was nothing and that's worked for me really well

I still prefer prepeeled

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

what do you tell a garlic with two black eyes?

nothing you already told it twice

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

is this the shaking thing? I do that sometimes but if you dont mind your garlic being a little crushed the fastest way is to just place the flat of your knife over the clove and whack it with your other hand it takes like 3 seconds

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

a hole-y ghost posted:

is this the shaking thing? I do that sometimes but if you dont mind your garlic being a little crushed the fastest way is to just place the flat of your knife over the clove and whack it with your other hand it takes like 3 seconds
yea this

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

lol if you use a knife. i use one of those mallets with the spike on it on the back of my hand

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Al Cowens posted:

I learned how to peel garlic years ago from ltkman on youtube. I couldn't find the video right now but he did this thing where he smashed large chunks with his hand on the side of a cleaver like it was nothing and that's worked for me really well

I still prefer prepeeled

you disgust me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

a hole-y ghost posted:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KId6kXNMGCc&t=38s

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i prefer my peeling tips with a bit of autism OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJxvLCywz6o

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

how many hotdogs does this man loving eat?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
TBH I probably overuse garlic because I just loving love using the garlic crusher

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

srsly tho nobody has answered my inquiry about the squeeze and snap method so PLEASE wtf somebody do this before it's too late

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

how many hotdogs does this man loving eat?

doobies patron saint

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

squeeze and snap my dick

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

*points to groin*

*zzwww zwwww zwwwww (this is the noise my spinning bow-tie makes)*

:holymoley:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dear mr. or mrs. or ms. or miss (as the cas3e may be) lonesomedwarf, something i have been wondering for some time now (non sequitor, ie "it does not follow"):

IS UR AVATAR A PIX OF A T-SHIRT OR SOMETHING BC

or sorry caps lock anyway

is ur avatar a pix of something irl bc it doesn't seem like a bmp or something BC

and listen to my reasonins here

the "background" (the green FIELD, in heraldry terms) is MOTTLED

like it's not all the same color there is some darker green here some lighter green there

SUGGESTING

to me

it is actually a photo of something IRL

is this correct???

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

lonesomedwarf posted:

did you know? save up your garlic skins and keep them in a tied up calico bag. when you have enough, insert your penis into the bag and leave it over night for 6 months. eventually youer foreskin will grow back!

Good afterevening lonesomedwarf,

I read your post in this thread about garlic and i have decided this is both an enticing and appropriate idea for a brief but serious application of the scientific method. I expect great success. One time i peeled a garlic and then it had a green thing in the middle it looked like a plant so i got scared and put it back in the ground but there was a poo in the garden i dont know who it came from turns out my roommate suddenly turned in to china.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

nomadologique posted:

dear mr. or mrs. or ms. or miss (as the cas3e may be) lonesomedwarf, something i have been wondering for some time now (non sequitor, ie "it does not follow"):

IS UR AVATAR A PIX OF A T-SHIRT OR SOMETHING BC

or sorry caps lock anyway

is ur avatar a pix of something irl bc it doesn't seem like a bmp or something BC

and listen to my reasonins here

the "background" (the green FIELD, in heraldry terms) is MOTTLED

like it's not all the same color there is some darker green here some lighter green there

SUGGESTING

to me

it is actually a photo of something IRL

is this correct???

no its from a drawing someone did of a british actor and for some reasons there was a picture of a bee the same bee in my av because i said "i want that bee as an av" as a joke and someone bought it i dont know who they never owned up and i said i'd jo with them but i am still waiting to find out and ive been edging ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Rajjoble posted:

Good afterevening lonesomedwarf,

I read your post in this thread about garlic and i have decided this is both an enticing and appropriate idea for a brief but serious application of the scientific method. I expect great success. One time i peeled a garlic and then it had a green thing in the middle it looked like a plant so i got scared and put it back in the ground but there was a poo in the garden i dont know who it came from turns out my roommate suddenly turned in to china.

nice, i remember when i had roommates that turned into countries i liked it a lot. thanks for the story i wish you every success with the garlic experiment.

• Locked thread