Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Ugh I have so many games on my list that have little under 20 minutes played. It's all purchases made during sales or through the humble bundle.

Probably the worst offender is Hearts of Iron III. I love WWII and all I wanted to do was play as Nazi Germany, but there are like 100,000 different things on the screen and I can't be bothered to sit down and read the manual or even look at the tutorial.

Worst. Purchase. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I literally bought a bag of steam

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Can't remember what it was called but it was a really lovely wannabe Serious Sam knock off that had some Aztec motif. It was coop but so poorly designed.

One achievement was "run like yo mama stole something".

:wtc:

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Wicker Man posted:

Can't remember what it was called but it was a really lovely wannabe Serious Sam knock off that had some Aztec motif. It was coop but so poorly designed.

One achievement was "run like yo mama stole something".

:wtc:

that's just serious sam

Team Fortress 2

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
"salvation prophecy"

that game is just bad

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Three words....... Bio Shock Infinite :xd:

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Harime Nui posted:

Three words....... Bio Shock Infinite :xd:

Ugh I have all three Bioshock games. I quit playing the first one because someone spoiled the ending for me :negative:

Haven't touched Bioshock 2 because I'm waiting to finish the first one.

And yeah Bioshock Infinite became kind of boring.

I'm the worst gamer :(

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i bought day z on the insistence of friends :gonk:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Absolutely Borderlands 2. Paid like 35 bucks for it because friends were telling me to. We never played together. I did not enjoy the game solo. Even buying another class DLC and using cheats and mods for color saturation, ducking boring and lovely. Regret it more than any other game purchase in memory.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Day Z

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I had more fun with a game I bought for 1 $ called like Infestation Survivor Stories than I've had with 40$ Day Z

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Day Z is loving awful. I installed it and I'm just a crow. Sure crows are awesome but it's loving boring for a video game

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I bought the Starbound beta. It was boring compared to Terraria and they never updated it significantly. Only got burned by early access once though, I've learned my lesson

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

luncheon meat posted:

Day Z is loving awful.

I never understood why you'd play it once you got all of the best guns since from that point forward you'd just be picking up the pieces from your previous game. It's like you're building a Lego kit and at random intervals some Russian hacker pops up through the floor and dismantles what you've built so far.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Portal was actually pretty bad, I don't know why everyone thought that game was so awesome when Valve made that instead of HL2 e3

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
i purchased bad rats

for my friends :mcnabb:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Somebody is gonna say gone home.

its not gonna be me.

i liked gone home.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
The War Z (Infestation: Survival Stories) It was kinda fun in a horrible train-wrecky kinda way.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
probably all of them

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

xbox one

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Clapping Larry
The new stronghold game.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Clapping Larry
It stinks.

Smerdyakov
Jul 8, 2008

Pixel Pirates
Bionic Dues
Bully
Skyward Collapse
Isomer

...and like 30 others. The problem with "indie games" is that no one will bother writing a thoughtful bad review for a game that no one's going to buy anyway. My only choice was to buy them and find out there's either only 30 minutes of fun or 50 hours of tedium or 5 minutes of tedium.

The only thing I'm proud of in my life is that I didn't buy "The Castle Doctrine".

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

tell me about your nerd thread

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Zeno-25 posted:

Portal was actually pretty bad, I don't know why everyone thought that game was so awesome when Valve made that instead of HL2 e3

it was alright

I regret buying eufloria, it looked pretty but it ended up being pretty boring. I think I got it for like $3 though

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
flight of the icarus

Wertjoe
May 10, 2007

The Potato sack. Basically I just ended up with a ton of totally poo poo games that I'll never want to play.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Takedown: Red Sabre

gently caress you Total Biscuit you deserve rear end cancer for making me think it would be good

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
id's RAGE, cool looking game can't wait for the plot to take off, whoops its over

system shock 2 with its freaking monster respawns + dynamic difficulty, like some fool at vegas i dungeon crawled the lower levels for hours trying to scavenge ammo so i could do the ending

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 22, 2014

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Day Z for sure

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

antichamber's good i just cheated at it too much

dead space is good too, it just reminded me too much of system shock 2 to enjoy it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i bought hl2 three times for some reason

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
It's Hearts of Iron 3 for me, as well. I've tried my damndest to actually play it and I just open it up, look at menus for 15-20 minutes, maybe make Hitler Chief of the Army or something, alt tab for a while, alt tab back in, and close it every time.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
octodad

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Gazpacho posted:

antichamber's good i just cheated at it too much

dead space is good too, it just reminded me too much of system shock 2 to enjoy it

It was originally meant to be the 3rd.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I bought arma 2 to play days mod version. It is my second biggest regret

My biggest regret is the half hour I spent trying to play arma 2 to justify my purchase

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

like 90% of humble/game bundles clutter the libraries with total poo poo

i got like 200 games on steam and most of them are unplayable garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
Bought Rag Doll Kung Fu in 2005. One of the biggest regrets of my life.

• Locked thread