Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ruddha posted:

if you both did something bad/embarrassing/illegal/very immoral AND posted about it, its good when you're reminded of it.
The point though is no one else does it because everyone intuitively recognizes that's not something they want done against them, fyad and fyad-lite posters tend to abuse that cease fire too much imo. As much as you guys joke about not taking the internet seriously, that's about the most personal thing you can do to someone online.

I mean I like a lot of stuff that comes from FYAD, you in particular, but I'm just saying there's one thing I have a complaint about and I voiced it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Fyad says the n word.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
hey world, i was having a threesome, but then somehow my dog hosed me in the rear end, and you can't bring that up when i try to post in fyad

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

ArbitraryC posted:

The point though is no one else does it because everyone intuitively recognizes that's not something they want done against them, fyad and fyad-lite posters tend to abuse that cease fire too much imo. As much as you guys joke about not taking the internet seriously, that's about the most personal thing you can do to someone online.

I mean I like a lot of stuff that comes from FYAD, you in particular, but I'm just saying there's one thing I have a complaint about and I voiced it.

If it's something really horrendous, like the serial rapist in the confession thread, then it really shouldn't be buried. If it's something innocuous but funny, why does it hurt you for people to be laughing at it?

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

ArbitraryC posted:

if you tell the internet you touched your dogs balls and rubbed molasses on his rear end it doesn't matter how long ago you did it, you deserve to be made fun of it. the people in gbs are more likely to not bring it up because they don't want people to bring up the time they put their all of their sisters panties in a hole in the wall and fyad does it because they aren't insanely hosed up mental freaks who touch themselves on the bus once when everyone was sleeping

naem
May 29, 2011

I wet to grad school in fyad, something something new yorark

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

Almost everyone posts something dumb and weird time to time though, but most people forget about it and move on just like in real life conversations. It's just kinda weird and inappropriate to hang onto that or dig it up imo. Even when it's done against posters I don't like it makes me feel uncomfortable. If they're such a lovely person you can prolly find a more recent post.

er... so what was the species of the animal you tried to have sex with in your adolescence? It would be mean for me to look at your posts even though I have a strong feeling its there, so I'm going to save both of us from that whole ordeal and ask you outright.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Los Lobos posted:

er... so what was the species of the animal you tried to have sex with in your adolescence? It would be mean for me to look at your posts even though I have a strong feeling its there, so I'm going to save both of us from that whole ordeal and ask you outright.

baby pangolin

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Almost everyone posts something dumb and weird time to time though, but most people forget about it and move on just like in real life conversations. It's just kinda weird and inappropriate to hang onto that or dig it up imo. Even when it's done against posters I don't like it makes me feel uncomfortable. If they're such a lovely person you can prolly find a more recent post.

i dont think ive ever spent more than 3 mins looking at someones post history before i find something embarrassing or giving up. Usually, if theyre lovely enough to make me wonder about their posting, I'm rarely disappointed in finding something awful nearly immediately

James Hardon
May 31, 2006
i'm a huge gay fag and i suck on hitlers ballsack lol FYAD bitch!!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

goon project: a curvy gbs goonette forced to repeatedly whack a feral pig in hawaii for less than minimum wage on another goon's uninhabitable undeveloped land and everyone gets dysentary

nope, that's not something to talk about

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i wish we could say the n word, it's such a bad word, a bad...bad word...

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
fyad is terrible and so are all fyad posters

gbs is terrible too but that doesn't make fyad not terrible

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

GBS mod has a blog that he's been faithfully writing Ducktales fanfic and getting a boner while sniffing a woman's hair on the subway

(0) comments

Please do not own someone like this

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

James Hardon posted:

i'm a huge gay fag and i suck on hitlers ballsack lol FYAD bitch!!

Jesus Christ

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

GBS designs a zipline for unintentionally decapitating children and only spent 40K on it. Hey, everyone does something embarrassing sometimes

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruddha posted:

the aartek mod forum post about mean ppl bringing up a mistake from his past

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gbs is trash and the people that post there are insanely hosed up! *posts in gbs all loving day*

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

I'll actually ask that you not discuss how I am a poor excuse for a human being on the grounds that it makes me aware of the fact that I'm a piece of poo poo

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Sweet Tea posted:

gbs is trash and the people that post there are insanely hosed up! *posts in gbs all loving day*

You do.

Enid Coleslaw
May 17, 2011

by Ion Helmet
i wonder what a good solution would be for someone who is worried about the consequences of posting

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hey Ruddha *stares at you, opens mouth slightly after a few seconds*

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

Greeting.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fyad posters seriously shouldn't have posted twisty's pic against his wishes though :( rip

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

Was defending Aatrek something you did while you were in a bad mood or

Woops guess I just doxxed you

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

goon project: a curvy gbs goonette forced to repeatedly whack a feral pig in hawaii for less than minimum wage on another goon's uninhabitable undeveloped land and everyone gets dysentary

nope, that's not something to talk about

i thought the pigs guy was that texan who had to build home-made flying killdrones because him and his chums kept getting outsmarted by feral swine

and then they posed with pig heads like retard odessa kurtz

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Corn Thongs posted:

did he really

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
lol did they really all get dysentery

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Crap posted:

did he really

ArbitraryC posted:

That's what I just find exceptionally dumb about it. Yeah this group of posters with negative post counts that rally over moral issues they've had no problem making jokes in the past about are really concerned about the situation and not just stirring up drama for shits and giggles.

Same situation with aatrek really. Oh no there's a guy who served out a conviction for a sex crine against a minor a decade ago. Wont someone think of the children on our ostensibly 18 plus forums? To highlight why this is a serious issue about the kid and not just forums drama, I'm going to try to make this a conspiracy involving the rest of the mod team and then spend the rest of my posting career joking about it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Corn Thongs posted:

Might as well pull the quote with it:
"I'm by no means defending his past actions or even him as a person, but I do think the outrage against him was obnoxious and intentionally using a sensitive issue to drum up forum drama"

And I'll stand by that, what he did was wrong but it only became such a huge thing rather than just a pm to a mod because some people wanted forums drama and something to joke about.

Not that you would bring up unrelated things out of context to try and get someone you disagree with to shut up or anything.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

haha, you a bitch

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Hey! You can't do that! You'd have to scroll through the encyclopedic volume of pages known as... uh... the rap sheet... to do that....

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
im here for the forums drama and let's plays

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

the fact that "forum drama" can be a thing is kinda funny

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

i thought the pigs guy was that texan who had to build home-made flying killdrones because him and his chums kept getting outsmarted by feral swine

and then they posed with pig heads like retard odessa kurtz

that was an entire other thing

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

lol did they really all get dysentery

it was actually something worse... a fungal infection from drinking piss water

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008