Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

there i said it, gently caress you npr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

BONGHITZ

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
npr blows, this message brought to you by raytheon archer daniels midland cigna chase halliburton

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i listen to npr sometimes

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol radio

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

pram posted:

lol radio

what do you listen to in the car?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I like hearing tom ashbrook get really caremad about topics

pram
Jun 10, 2001

BONGHITZ posted:

my ipod thats been sitting in my glove box for 5 years

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
theres a talky npr station here that does a bunch of news and long form pieces and then theres a groovy jazz station that i keep on almost all the time

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
i wish local NPR would stop giving so much air time to C(olorado)PR because its real terrible

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ericadia posted:

i wish local NPR would stop giving so much air time to C(olorado)PR because its real terrible

yeah not a big fan

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
radio still gets beamed into millions of workplaces every day

its relevant as gently caress, unfortuantlye

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

npr is garbage radio for idiot fuckers

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Elder Postsman posted:

npr is garbage radio for idiot fuckers

at first i thought it was an onion article

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Jonny 290 posted:

theres a talky npr station here that does a bunch of news and long form pieces and then theres a groovy jazz station that i keep on almost all the time
my local npr station turns into a jazz station at (late) night which kinda owns

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the talky one does do some BBC feeds overnight and that is sedative as gently caress

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

npr is garbage for people who want to think they're LF as hell but are really just D&D as hell

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
npr just isn't left enough for me man

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what's npr it's clearly not just top
is it

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

echinopsis posted:

is it

national public radio

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

echinopsis posted:

is it

its a talk radio for white people, but only white people that feel guilt

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
its good

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

its good

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

BONGHITZ posted:

people shouldn't be allowed to listen to the radio while driving

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

i listened to NPR when it had Talk of the Nation because of stuff but yeah, seems like a strange beast.

I somehow managed to make my Tunein.app to record the entire NPR 2012 election coverage without me asking it to. I blame NPR. Thanks for nothing, free information provider.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

is it

a v cheap knock off of the bbc

come to think of it maybe youd like it?????

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Its RNZN

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

aka poo poo my mum listens to and whenever you bring up something "national hates poor peole" "well i smoenoe called talk back today and said they know a maroi on welfare and theyu have 3 kids and they bought A LOTTO TICKET, no one in this country is poor"

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

dont make me LF post you son of a bitch :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what this thing about national trying to outlaw tea breaks

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]

Ericadia posted:

colorado matters is most loving boring poo poo

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

hey man, the nz lf left fest is that-a-way!

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
in my town we get the denver npr station and the northern colorado npr station so you get to choose between unlistenable music and unlistenable state news about water quality or some poo poo. gently caress npr

car talk is okay.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

on my commute to work my npr station now has q (queue?) with jian ghomeshi which is horrible and every time i hear that guys voice i think of the yosposter who told the story of him creeping on his fifteen year old sister or w/e then i turn the radio off in disgust and drive in silence to work

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

the talky one does do some BBC feeds overnight and that is sedative as gently caress

dogger fisher german bight

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Paging Shaggar

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

LastInLine posted:

on my commute to work my npr station now has q (queue?) with jian ghomeshi which is horrible and every time i hear that guys voice i think of the yosposter who told the story of him creeping on his fifteen year old sister or w/e then i turn the radio off in disgust and drive in silence to work

lol link plz

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ericadia posted:

lol link plz
here

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

LastInLine posted:

i envision a future where talk radio is run entirely by people who made a novelty album and then started taking themselves too seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

npr is garbage for people who want to think they're LF as hell but are really just D&D as hell

Reminder that NPR did a hatchet piece a few years ago about those horrible people on disability taking your tax dollars.

Nice Polite Republicans

• Locked thread