Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

stoutfish posted:

npr just isn't left enough for me man

NPR's editorial stance routinely ranks right of the WSJ in Media Matters reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
npr and pri are very bad. bbc news and apm are good.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
al jazeera is a great news network

rt is a little less legit, more entertaining

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Jonny 290 posted:

theres a talky npr station here that does a bunch of news and long form pieces and then theres a groovy jazz station that i keep on almost all the time

every time i find a new jazz station, it's shut down in 2 months or its signal is overpowered by another station

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

mpr (minnesota) has a station called the current that plays p good music. that's the only npr thing I ever listen to anymore

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
listen to music or podcasts on the shuttle bus everyday :cool:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
MPB is good tho. the quirky probably gay flower guy from Jackson is my favorite. his name is literally Felder Rushing and his voice is so soothing. that almost effeminate sounding southern accent. you know the one. also the black lady who takes calls from olds about how to fix they computers

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I just realized yall probably don't have any black ppl on ur npr lol

oh and we have a dope bluegrass show weekly it's rly good and high and lonesome

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PuTTY riot posted:

I just realized yall probably don't have any black ppl on ur npr lol

That would drive away the core audience.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96jf50OUVio

:allears:

he looks diff than I imagined him tho

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I just googled her oops she's not black

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
wait no one girl is one isn't. my npr is better than yours. except this week when they just ask for money

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my npr does a 1 day pledge drive thing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also every other story they have to have some disclaimer about someone in the story being related to an npr staff member cause the state is so small.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Shaggar posted:

also every other story they have to have some disclaimer about someone in the story being related to an npr staff member cause the state is so small.

I don't think I've ever heard this disclaimer before. lol.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

diane rehm owns but pledge week can suck my dick

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

there should be a secret frequency for npr members so you don't have to listen to pledge week

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Werthog 95 posted:

diane rehm owns but pledge week can suck my dick

Felder called it 'beg week' last week and then said he couldn't call it that next week. thanks for the heads up, Felder.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PuTTY riot posted:

I don't think I've ever heard this disclaimer before. lol.

there are 1.2 million people in maine and probably half of those live outside the places people care about

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Shaggar posted:

there are 1.2 million people in maine and probably half of those live outside the places people care about

whoa

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Citizen Tayne posted:

Reminder that NPR did a hatchet piece a few years ago about those horrible people on disability taking your tax dollars.

Nice Polite Republicans

yeah this. it really bothers me that my friends haven't caught on that npr is terrible

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
in canada we have the cbc instead which is probably both better and worse than npr

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i listen to planet money podcast and sometimes the stories are good and sometimes they are transparently pro-corporate shilling and the latter seems to be getting worse

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
planet money is bad. also the only good thing about the cbc is don cherry.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Cold on a Cob posted:

i listen to planet money podcast and sometimes the stories are good and sometimes they are transparently pro-corporate shilling and the latter seems to be getting worse

i sometimes enjoy planet money

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm listening to that "serial" podcast by the this american life dorks, and i like it.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i also like this american life because they're the only ones who have ever published an accurate depiction of life at penn state university http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/396/1-party-school

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
car talk is great, pretty much everything else on npr is terrible garbage for guilty white idiots.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

The Management posted:

guilty white idiots

i'm ok with this

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Werthog 95 posted:

diane rehm owns

what

no

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

even with her hosed up larynx she verbally bitchslaps chumps who try to dodge her questions and it's awesome

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

Reminder that NPR did a hatchet piece a few years ago about those horrible people on disability taking your tax dollars.

Nice Polite Republicans

was it this american life and also not really a hatchet piece or am I not remembering the same thing here

edit: also the amount of people trying to let you know in this thread they don't feel guilty about somethin is either really boring or really telling hmm

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 22, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

npr blows, this message brought to you by raytheon archer daniels midland cigna chase halliburton

lmao

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

still better than most other poo poo that's out there

marketplace is usually pretty good. i could listen to kai ryssdal all day

the lady who does the splendid table is racist

they need to be more angry

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

npr blows, this message brought to you by raytheon archer daniels midland cigna chase halliburton

the la npr station occasionally runs a bumper that's just "support our sponsors! they support us, so support them in your purchasing decisions!"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

duTrieux. posted:

the la npr station occasionally runs a bumper that's just "support our sponsors! they support us, so support them in your purchasing decisions!"

:negative:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

duTrieux. posted:

still better than most other poo poo that's out there

marketplace is usually pretty good. i could listen to kai ryssdal all day

the lady who does the splendid table is racist

they need to be more angry

kai is the best. also marketplace is apm not npr. so is phc which is also good

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shaggar posted: