Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ posted:

forum is ok i guess, but i think thats a kqed only thing

they got some lady to cry, l m a o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Planet Money is so bad.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Planet Money is so bad.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Werthog 95 posted:

even with her hosed up larynx she verbally bitchslaps chumps who try to dodge her questions and it's awesome

it'd be more awesome if her guests weren't shills and hacks to begin with

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

Planet Money is so bad.

is that the one where they have a bunch of clueless boomers on to give millennials tepid financial advice?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

is that the one where they have a bunch of clueless boomers on to give millennials tepid financial advice?

they did a cool episode where they explained the end of trading places

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Shaggar posted:

npr and pri are very bad. bbc news and apm are good.

BBC world service is hilariously bad though.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they did a cool episode where they explained the end of trading places

that movie is so loving good

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

i dunno what kai looks like but his voice is dreamy :swoon:

his Twitter is kind of weird

pram
Jun 10, 2001
RT is the best, most unbiased, and balanced source of news comrades

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Werthog 95 posted:

i dunno what kai looks like but his voice is dreamy :swoon:
i like marketplace and fresh air and our npr music station, but most everything else is unlistenable (radiolab) or painful attempts at "with-it" humor. it boggles my mind that people voluntarily listen to wait wait don't tell me.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Leck posted:

it boggles my mind that people voluntarily listen to wait wait don't tell me.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

BBC world service is hilariously bad though.

sometimes they have news which makes them better than npr. although yesterday they were making a huge deal out of some idiot who shot his wife or something.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Werthog 95 posted:

even with her hosed up larynx she verbally bitchslaps chumps who try to dodge her questions and it's awesome
I remember her saying on air once that she listened to Rush Limbaugh for a good laugh

if SA were around 50 years ago she'd probably be a goon and post in mock threads

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
remember when they canceled talk of the nation and replaced it with some peice of poo poo "news magazine" wiht that dumb rear end santa monica sounding woman. for christ sakes. still pissed about that bull poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im also a big fan of when larry mantle has some loving scum bag on his show and he softballs sponges at him. larry is a pussy little bitch and i like to imagine neil conan beating him senseless when i masturbate.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Leck posted:

it boggles my mind that people voluntarily listen to wait wait don't tell me.
wait wait can be okay but it heavily depends on the panel and even then it runs about 20/80 hit/miss

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i like wait wait but i don't like the new one they added, and i also dont like that wierd guy who does the puzzle show on like sunday monring or whatever,m that wierd fucko with the smooth crrepy voice whos life revolves around puzzles. what a freak

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Smythe posted:

i like wait wait but i don't like the new one they added, and i also dont like that wierd guy who does the puzzle show on like sunday monring or whatever,m that wierd fucko with the smooth crrepy voice whos life revolves around puzzles. what a freak
i think his name is jigsaw

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
peter overby should not be a loving radio reporter oh my god

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Cold on a Cob posted:

in canada we have the cbc instead which is probably both better and worse than npr

Wiretap is great

...Monday :smith:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

and Terri Gross has a sexy voice :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTVFNZKuN-g

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i saw that this american life show live. it's me, i'm the guilty white idiot.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
here you go a definitive list of good opinions

Fresh Air: Terrible interviewer
Diane Rehm: P good show. My favourite was when she had on the CEO of Fanny Mae like 3 weeks before they went bust
Marketplace: Terrible dumbed down poo poo with horrible reporting that's basically, "thing, one sentence analyst quote, thing, no conclusion"
BBC Newsday: "A jackal in the bush is like two hyenas in the hut" from @freemombasa
Talk of the nation: less good Diane Rehm
PHC: eh, kinda fun live it turns out
Car Talk: lol if you care about cars at all
Wait wait: good for 4 episodes then gets boring
Vinyl Cafe: owns owns owns
Morning Edition / ATC / Weekend Edition: ok
The Takeaway & To the Point: lol terrible
Alternative Radio: owns owns owns
TAM: Usually good
Radiolab: <hurricane sound> preachy <can of coke opening sound> and bad <horns.aiff>
Says You: eh
To the Best of our Knowledge: P good
Travelogue: eh
Wiretap: I'm Jonathan 'no air through my larynx when i speak' Goldstein

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i actually love prairie home companion

i love the poo poo out of it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

current car talk status: cancelled for like a year now

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

they still air them here, it's just re-runs because they have decades worth of material and no one can tell the difference

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Radiolab: <hurricane sound> preachy <can of coke opening sound> and bad <horns.aiff>

lmao

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
I don't care about cars but I listen to car talk all the time. the two guys, don't know who they are, are crazy fun to listen to.

Last few days around 6:30 AM here in cali it's nothing but female empowerment stories with women saying phrases like "You WILL succeed. And if you don't..." Well which one is it? Will you succeed or will you have a chance to succeed?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

our local npr station does their own pittsburgh show and it's the only good pittsburgh news type thing you'll ever get around here. our local tv news is the worst.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

here you go a definitive list of good opinions

Fresh Air: Terrible interviewer
Diane Rehm: P good show. My favourite was when she had on the CEO of Fanny Mae like 3 weeks before they went bust
Marketplace: Terrible dumbed down poo poo with horrible reporting that's basically, "thing, one sentence analyst quote, thing, no conclusion"
BBC Newsday: "A jackal in the bush is like two hyenas in the hut" from @freemombasa
Talk of the nation: less good Diane Rehm
PHC: eh, kinda fun live it turns out
Wait wait: good for 4 episodes then gets boring
Vinyl Cafe: owns owns owns
Morning Edition / ATC / Weekend Edition: ok
The Takeaway & To the Point: lol terrible
Alternative Radio: owns owns owns
TAM: Usually good
Says You: eh
To the Best of our Knowledge: P good
Travelogue: eh
Wiretap: I'm Jonathan 'no air through my larynx when i speak' Goldstein
vinyl café is the worst thing and marketplace owns.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

i actually love prairie home companion

i love the poo poo out of it

congrats you have good taste.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
Vinyl Cafe is cool, and Snap Judgement is garbage.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the only talkin' about music show i ever listen to is Sound Opinions and i think i like it, but i don't know anything about music. i also only listen to it because it's on sunday evenings when i go do laundry.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hello ppl and welcome to latino usa im ur host maria hinojosa and im fuckin annoying and this show sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

It's billed as "financial advice for the rest of us" with a straight face, right before they take a 25 year old caller asking where to invest the half a million his dad gave him.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's billed as "financial advice for the rest of us" with a straight face, right before they take a 25 year old caller asking where to invest the half a million his dad gave him.

was the answer "up your butt"?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Shaggar posted:

congrats you have good taste.

yesss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

i think i heard it once, when a guy called in with 6 figs of med school debt asking how he could eventually be able to afford a house for him and his wife the panel seemed like they had never heard of someone having that much student debt, much less have any useful advice for him

• Locked thread