Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Smythe posted:

hello ppl and welcome to latino usa im ur host maria hinojosa and im fuckin annoying and this show sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do u think she wears low cut shirts like the spanish language newscasters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]

Werthog 95 posted:

i'm listening to that "serial" podcast by the this american life dorks, and i like it.

oh my god, it's so good. i can't wait to find out where this ends up. probably somewhere soul-crushing but what a ride

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Smythe posted:

hello ppl and welcome to latino usa im ur host maria hinojosa and im fuckin annoying and this show sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lateeeeeno ooh-ess-ayeee

I swear her accent gets more pronounced year-by-year. She has to be overcompensating.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

on the media is fun to listen to when they aren't doing "here's what the millennials are talking about this week, framed for old people"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Smythe posted:

i like wait wait but i don't like the new one they added, and i also dont like that wierd guy who does the puzzle show on like sunday monring or whatever,m that wierd fucko with the smooth crrepy voice whos life revolves around puzzles. what a freak

looks p normal to me

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i like car talk

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

uncurable mlady posted:

i like car talk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
id like it better if the calls werent cherry picked, that kind of ruined it. still funny though

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

pr's bad

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
i hate government radio / tv .

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PuTTY riot posted:

do u think she wears low cut shirts like the spanish language newscasters?

looks like mostly turtlenecks according to google images. shame too, those latina anchor babes got nice titties and i like to look at, and, our ex mayor antonio, dumped his wife to get his grippers on. good for you antonio - ida done it too

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

pr's bad

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Citizen Tayne posted:

NPR's editorial stance routinely ranks right of the WSJ in Media Matters reports.

thank goodness we have counterspin on not one but two radio stations here

willing to take the poo poo out of npr every time they transparently shill for natural gas and invading syria

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

cmu radio plays democracy now! but they can't afford to broadcast more than like 100 ft from campus

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
like their favorite thing is to mock the Sunday talk shows for inviting john mccain to advocate for bombing iran every week

its great

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
natural gas is great and lol if you oppose fracking

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

Shaggar posted:

whoa...!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

id like it better if the calls werent cherry picked, that kind of ruined it. still funny though

i basically keep my xm sub so i can listen to 3 hour car talk blocks on my commute home, if i get lucky on the timing i get 2 puzzler answers a day

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

uncurable mlady posted:

i basically keep my xm sub so i can listen to 3 hour car talk blocks on my commute home, if i get lucky on the timing i get 2 puzzler answers a day

;(

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Shaggar posted:

tbf, its not the natural gas thats the problem per se (though perhaps it is, depending on who you ask) its more that npr sometimes decides to say "did you know some people oppose pipelines for natural gas? we went out and interviewed three spokesmen for industry organizations to get their side of the argument to let you decide"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk every time I've heard npr on natural gas its 15 minutes on "well I live in buttfuck, pa and I don't like the fracking" from a toothless hicks followed by a 2 minute clip of "we think fracking is good" from an industry dude

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
natural gas owns. cogen erry day

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
prairie home companion is hilarious for a very small subset of people and unlistenable for everybody else

wits is an awful program and I don't know how anybody finds it funny

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
actually phc is great for everyone except for a handful of whiney bitches who hate fun.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Shaggar posted:

actually phc is great for everyone except for a handful of whiney bitches who hate fun.

shaggar was right

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its entertaining if you didn't grow up in that weird cornfield passive aggressive catholic/lutheran booze and perm soaked hot dish culture
otherwise it's just predictable and mildly triggering

we had fewer tater tot bakes and more beer due to being in wisconsin, but it's pretty much a different turd in the same cat box

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

also i don't really care about fracking

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

uncurable mlady posted:

also i don't really care about fracking

you should, it's really bad when done improperly and it's more expensive to do it properly

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

al jazeera is a great news network

a lot of yospos seems to get its news from the government of qatar idk wtf

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

you should, it's really bad when done improperly and it's more expensive to do it properly

ok

i now care about fracking done poorly

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

don't worry the companies doing the fracking are obviously going t-LOL :rip: we all hosed

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

theadder posted:

a lot of yospos seems to get its news from the government of qatar idk wtf

their us coverage is better than any us news agency. their ferguson coverage was good, for example. idk how the government of qatar is gonna spin that to its advantage

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

don't worry the companies doing the fracking are obviously going t-LOL :rip: we all hosed

reminder that Chevron hosed up and a gas well explosion literally vaporized a kid. Chevron made up for it by buying pizza.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PuTTY riot posted:

their us coverage is better than any us news agency. their ferguson coverage was good, for example. idk how the government of qatar is gonna spin that to its advantage

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes i cant think

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Shaggar posted:

idk every time I've heard npr on natural gas its 15 minutes on "well I live in buttfuck, pa and I don't like the fracking" from a toothless hicks

tbh they (the hicks whose dang ol well water keeps lightin off), Vladimir Putin, and Vladimir Putin's effete liberal stooges are the only ones who really want to stop gas prices from plunging further. At least NPR picks the party arguing in good faith.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Their music shows never review metal. Real people listen to metal at least sometimes. NPR is manned exclusively by pod people.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

pagoe posted:

i hate government radio / tv .

good thing public radio has almost nothing to do with the government

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Their music shows never review metal. Real people listen to metal at least sometimes. NPR is manned exclusively by pod people.

that's because metal is the anime of music and only appreciated by total nerdlords

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shaggar posted:

lol oklahmoa had more earthquakes than california

nobody is allowed to give california poo poo about earthquakes anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

reminder that Chevron hosed up and a gas well explosion literally vaporized a kid. Chevron made up for it by buying pizza.

holy poo poo, link?

• Locked thread