Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think basically knowing where the night kills are coming from and going to would be very helpful for the scumteam, since they probably have power roles to deal with it. I can understand that theoretically it seems like there should be a benefit to the coordination but I feel like in practice it would go badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I'm maybe not Quentin Tarantino

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MildManeredManikin posted:

I think basically knowing where the night kills are coming from and going to would be very helpful for the scumteam, since they probably have power roles to deal with it. I can understand that theoretically it seems like there should be a benefit to the coordination but I feel like in practice it would go badly.

Yeah. Scum 100% has a doctor or roleblocker.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

They don't have a doctor, obviously

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MildManeredManikin posted:

That's why we have multiple people targeting individual players.

If we're going to make baseless speculation then I'll go ahead and say that I think it would be a bad decision to subvert the central mechanic of the game by having roles that block kills, especially on the scum team. Their win condition is pretty easy.

Still feel like you're scum. The alternative to coordination seems like an impossible scenario for town.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

somb there's a big difference between a game with one day and any old game with potentially endless days

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

like people shouldn't even be voting until -2 hrs imo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

somb there's a big difference between a game with one day and any old game with potentially endless days

i understand that. obviously discussion is very important. i'm not sure why you need to explicitly state that.

a 'lynch' isn't going to accidentally happen with a 75% majority required. scum don't even have an incentive to turbo town. a vote is a useful way to track perceptions.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

a vote is a useful way to track perceptions.

i'm tempted to use my lie detector on this statement to see if PM agrees with me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
TT if your concern is that we're going to accidentally lynch someone way before deadline, that's entirely ridiculous.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I am town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

i'm tempted to use my lie detector on this statement to see if PM agrees with me

Yes.

Somb's logic is something like "votes are worthless because you can't use them to actually lynch someone, but we can imbue them with symbolic power by fiat. vote ron paul 2016."

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

my concern is that people won't wait until deadline which I think is hardly out of the scope of possibility given SA mafia

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

my concern is that people won't wait until deadline which I think is hardly out of the scope of possibility given SA mafia

i'd be more concerned about a no-lynch.

if we lynch early just shoot the people who voted last geez.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Is lynching even positive ev for town

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think it might not be

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is lynching even positive ev for town

it doesn't actually kill anyone, it just reveals their role.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh. And deadline is plurality, so we can't no lynch.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Does lynching end the day? If it doesn't, then we want to lynch early so we can actually talk about the flip.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends...

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote Hal

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

They don't have a doctor, obviously

They could have a one-kill doctor, forcing focus fire on that scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

HiipFire posted:

##vote Hal

There is a funny story I wish I could tell here...

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

is it about dean koontz

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

is it about dean koontz

HAHAHAHA I see what you are doing there!

(I really did laugh)

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I have some interesting role based information. I would like to claim last if we mass claim so that I can call out blatant lies should they arise.

I am in support of a mass claim because we have one single game day

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Also if you have a day action you should definitely take it regardless of what it is since we only have one day

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Also also what happens if we just set up a method to make sure everyone dies, again? Is that a town victory?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

Also also what happens if we just set up a method to make sure everyone dies, again? Is that a town victory?

Nope, just a collective loss. Pretty sure it doesn't work perfectly even if that was possible.

I'll go ahead and start the claim train. I'm Garrus whatever from the terrible Mass Effect series. I'm a sniper with a kill that can't be redirected.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Also:

1) if you have a day kill definitely use it. Thinning the pool of targets is Good
2) if you can redirect and are town obviously loving don't

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

winvirus posted:

If it actually happens? Technically, all scum will be dead, so that will count as a Town victory.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

If it actually happens? Technically, all scum will be dead, so that will count as a Town victory.

"At the start of Day 2, after all powers have been resolved, if there are any scum left alive, scum win. If there are no scum left alive, town wins. If no one is left alive, Quentin Tarantino wins." :l

not sure that's possible/likely though.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

So we should aim to make sure everyone is dead then. That's the safest way. Burn the world

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Taste, always no lynch D1?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Taste, let's just make a pact to kill each other tonight, then we can be town bros all day in thread and ~solve the game~.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

So we should aim to make sure everyone is dead then. That's the safest way. Burn the world

there shouldn't be a way to make that happen though.

so if 1 targets 2 and 2 targets 3 and so on, the system will break if scum are supposed to target scum. i.e. 4 is supposed to kill 5, but 5 is scum, so 4 targets someone else. 5 is left alive and scum win.

We should have a list of the ~5 scummiest people and assign evenly divided teams to target each one of those five players. i feel like this casts the widest net possible while ensuring the kill goes through. i don't expect people to care enough to follow through on that tho.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
So should we have each player compile their list of scum targets by preference, then average it and send assignments that way?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

So should we have each player compile their list of scum targets by preference, then average it and send assignments that way?

Yep, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Because heavily focusing on few people makes it easy for scum to win?

We want to kill as many people as possible tonight

(Except me don't kill me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Because heavily focusing on few people makes it easy for scum to win?

We want to kill as many people as possible tonight

(Except me don't kill me)

PM's got the right idea here. Widespread murder gives us the best shot at killing scum.

• Locked thread