Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Wait, so like one guy got shot and isn't even dead and you felt the need to make a thread for this? Give me a loving break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

BigBoss posted:

Wait, so like one guy got shot and isn't even dead and you felt the need to make a thread for this? Give me a loving break.

loving hilarious.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Luvcow posted:

Any idea as to who or why this was done? Way too early?
there were those two soldiers run down in quebec the other day by an ISIS wannabee. so...

but as these things go, there's no telling until they investigate, etc.

i'm gay

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
BBC showed footage of shootout inside the building, absolutely nuts, one loud gunshot followed by multiple returned shots from a ton of cops inside.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Foyes36 posted:

BBC showed footage of shootout inside the building, absolutely nuts, one loud gunshot followed by multiple returned shots from a ton of cops inside.

Yeah the inital reports were that buddy who ran towards parliament had a double barrel shotgun. I know 'lol eyewitness accounts' and all but that initial gunshot was loving loooooud.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Foyes36 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGqoISd-do

This footage is from inside, pretty insane

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Is Justin Trudeau's hair OK?

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

The Berzerker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGqoISd-do

This footage is from inside, pretty insane

Yup, that's the one they showed. One loud shot followed by a huge volley. Reuters now reporting one gunman dead.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
Report now that the soldier died in the attack.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Oh man DND has just locked all bases nationwide out of any public access.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

this canada.jpg thread is off to a great start

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I'm almost certain this isn't the first time some one in Canada shot up a government building, can Canadi-goons confirm?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
my sweet canada... she weeps

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm almost certain this isn't the first time some one in Canada shot up a government building, can Canadi-goons confirm?

No it's not, but the problem isn't that it is a government building, it is that it's the government building, in the nation's capitol. Pretty big deal man.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
fyi for americans, this is like someone shooting up congress. it's pretty hosed.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Goonfleet goons have reason to believe that the shooter is something awful goon Fermented Tinal

He's really been going off the deep end lately over a property dispute involving neighbors throwing yard waste over his fence that his local government has refused to resolve, and then he made some disturbing posts in jabber this morning before this started. He just got some new guns last week.

Stay safe, Tinal

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Yaldabaoth posted:

You might be thinking of this?

quote:

The École Polytechnique Massacre, also known as the Montreal Massacre, occurred on December 6, 1989 at the École Polytechnique in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Twenty-five-year-old Marc Lépine, armed with a legally obtained Mini-14 rifle and a hunting knife, shot twenty-eight people before killing himself.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Goonfleet goons have reason to believe that the shooter is something awful goon Fermented Tinal

He's really been going off the deep end lately over a property dispute involving neighbors throwing yard waste over his fence that his local government has refused to resolve, and then he made some disturbing posts in jabber this morning before this started. He just got some new guns last week.

Stay safe, Tinal

TCC strikes again

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Stay safe, Tinal

I hope this true

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Stay safe, Tinal

So does shooting up Canada's equivalent of congress top the shitheap of things murder-goons have done?

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Three seperate shootings confirmed in and around parlement building.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Stay safe, Tinal

lol what

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Stay safe, Tinal

:cripes:

Marty Crane
Oct 16, 2012
It was the War Memorial, not the museum. The museum is located several blocks away from Parliament. The memorial is about five hundred metres from parliament.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.

Ninja fetus posted:

Three seperate shootings confirmed in and around parlement building.

Source?

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I hope this true

SOmethingawful could really use the traffic bump.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Well definitely one of the fuckers is dead.

Hopefully we can at least capture one of the remaining bastards alive so we can find out if he has any "friends".

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
BBC news talking to a waiter from the parliamentary cafe who saw the shooter pull up as he was going to work.

Shooter had long gun, ran inside. Saw RCMP officer running after him, looked arabian to the waiter. Long dark hair and small beard.

He only saw one shooter coming from the car.

Edit, he's now going on a rant about how the security at Parliament Hill only have one gun. And how if one of the RCMP officers would have had a gun they would have shot and stopped the shooter.

His name (the waiter) is Alain

Private Eye fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 22, 2014

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Stay safe, Tinal

This is would be embarrassing as hell if true, edit his posts so it sounds like somethign badass caused it mods

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
good canadians deserve what they get for whatever it is they do

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

RIP tinal

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
SUCK IT MICHAEL MOORE

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
can confirm tinal was pming me his j/o fantasies & dreams of shooting men just last week

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

triplexpac posted:

You might be thinking of this?

Nah he's thinking of this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Lortie

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
CTV.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=68596&playlistId=1.2065440&binId=1.1164511&playlistPageNum=1

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
At least now my dad will get off my back about living in Toronto where I could get KILLED

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Stay safe, Tinal

Also his neighbor probably poisoned a kitten and maybe the neighbor was a member of parliament.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

He won't ferment for a few weeks though

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I am presently working at the office (an office in Ottawa). Co-workers are saying there has just been another round of shots fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

jalopybrown posted:

This is would be embarrassing as hell if true, edit his posts so it sounds like somethign badass caused it mods

MODS KNEW

• Locked thread