Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Ramulack posted:

This happened just a day (or two) after the St. Jean sur Richelieu incident, which is about 30 minutes from Montreal (two or three hours from Ottawa).

Do all of Canada's mass shootings occur in Quebec? It wouldn't surprise me because Quebecois are loving nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

friendly craig posted:

i mean, yeah, he was going insane and just bought guns so this is kind of exactly what we expected, but we didn't bother telling anybody that this might happen.

:cripes:

Spadoink
Oct 10, 2005

Tea, earl grey, hot.

College Slice

Gropiemon posted:

Canada has soldiers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rom%C3%A9o_Dallaire

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
its not a loving goon you goons its a moslem aka muhammadan

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

Do all of Canada's mass shootings occur in Quebec? It wouldn't surprise me because Quebecois are loving nuts

They pretty much all happen in Montreal. We've have three school shootings so far (one antifeminist, one fired teacher getting revenge, and one student who snapped)

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

And Ottawa is just a bridge across the Ottawa river to get to the province of Quebec...

Canadian Anglo / Franco Civil war?

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
i mean but it's canada

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

thunderspanks posted:

I haven't been able to find it again, but I am loving certain I saw a ticker on whatever news site go by maybe last night saying that our terror level was raised.

You are correct.

It happened due to "increased chatter" after someone ran down two Canadian soldiers with a car and was killed by police.

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
wait there are still "terror levels?"

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
The general ineffectiveness and spastic execution of the whole thing reeks of lone whackjob.

Or, you know, a goon.

univbee posted:

They pretty much all happen in Montreal. We've have three school shootings so far (one antifeminist, one fired teacher getting revenge, and one student who snapped)

The fourth will involve Phil Fish.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
It's time for some reasonable, commonsense restrictions against the practice of Islam.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Canada has alot of muslims from what i see when i visit, probably should stop that

bwatts
May 28, 2013

what did the goon say in jabber i want to know

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I hope the lone guy is caught. My commute home is going to be poo poo otherwise (yeah. we have cars in this part of Canada, not only dog sled).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The Ottawa area is basically surrounded by hillbillies with guns so maybe they'll crack down on that as well

Oh wait the hillbillies are white nevermind

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

friendly craig posted:

what did the goon say in jabber i want to know

Tinal: some kahjiit for instance are giant quadrupedal cats that can't speak and are in fact
Tinal: used like horses
Tinal: others literally look completely human
Tinal: others look human but have very fine fur

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Depending on when the shootings occurred, they look close enough to have been done by one man

map
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0kEVftCcAAVuE5.jpg

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

It's time for some reasonable, commonsense restrictions against the practice of Islam.

Bring back Internment Camps!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
CNN reporting the shooter isn't Muslim.

So he was definitely Muslim

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

triplexpac posted:

The Ottawa area is basically surrounded by hillbillies with guns so maybe they'll crack down on that as well

Oh wait the hillbillies are white nevermind

the peaceful religion of islam TM

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Tinal: some kahjiit for instance are giant quadrupedal cats that can't speak and are in fact
Tinal: used like horses
Tinal: others literally look completely human
Tinal: others look human but have very fine fur

sounds like those darng video games causing another ruckus

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Charlz Guybon posted:

Depending on when the shootings occurred, they look close enough to have been done by one man

map

Possible, but I can't imagine he'd be able to get around to all those places with the armies of police and soldiers locking everything down.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Flyinglemur posted:

So he was definitely Muslim

How would they even know at this point? He could be a recent convert.

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
Here's some video from inside the building

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGqoISd-do

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The winds of plague blow their stench strong over Canada. We will soon know the wrath of Muhammad

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Flyinglemur posted:

how would they know this by sight, like are they just saying he wasn't arab looking or was he clearly indulging in haram activities while shooting?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Charlz Guybon posted:

map

Except one shooter is dead and it's not over.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

he's not brown

unnoticed
Nov 29, 2005

That's odd...

jalopybrown posted:

how would they know this by sight, like are they just saying he wasn't arab looking or was he clearly indulging in haram activities while shooting?

They aren't saying he's not muslim, just that the government doesn't think he has ties to any islamist extremist groups

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
maybe you should throw MAPLE SYRUP in his eyes :lol:
then he'll make an escape on a MOOSE :lol:
But watch out for that BEAVER playing HOCKEY and eating POUTINE :lol:

:lol:
Canada

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

why would you bother loving with Lil' Satan when The Great Satan is right next door

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
who wants to make a bet this is the guy:

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/524935731148775424

anyone

http://news.nationalpost.com/canadian-isis-fighter-abu-turaab-identified-as-mohammed-ali/

just guessing

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
lol going to make posts on reddit about "standing in solidarity with my canadian brothers and sisters."

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Part of me kind of wants the shooter to turn out to be that Frein guy who's on the run in Pennsylvania because that would be even more WTF than the shooter being a goon

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
today, we're all canadian.

Brose
Feb 23, 2004

Send Help :(

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

maybe you should throw MAPLE SYRUP in his eyes :lol:
then he'll make an escape on a MOOSE :lol:
But watch out for that BEAVER playing HOCKEY and eating POUTINE :lol:

:lol:
Canada

As someone who has only visited Montreal for it's strip clubs and to get drunk, this is accurate.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
9/11/01

10/22/14

14-01=13

1 3

10-1=9 11+22+33=66

1/3?

666?

...nice try, Bildeburg.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the thing is, even if the shooter wasn't a goon, 100 percent probability he's still goony as gently caress

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Now you know this poo poo is serious:

@cbcsports posted:

NHL monitoring situation, could postpone tonight's Leafs-Senators game http://cbc.sh/C7xQjNB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
Left campus 15 minutes before lockdown, bused right by Rideau minutes within the shooting.

Rattled, y'all

• Locked thread