Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

tonic posted:

Pick a FLEX in ESPN standard scoring:

Garcon @ Dal
McKinnon @ TB
Hillman @ SD

Tempted to run McKinnon over Garcon.

Garcon would be my 3rd choice there, and I'd probably lean McKinnon over Hillman based on the matchups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Need a flex, 0.5 PPR

Branden Oliver @DEN
Joique Bell @ATL@London
Jerick McKinnon @TB

Thinking Bell over Oliver despite how good Oliver's been, afraid he's gonna be hurt by SD being down by a bajillion points against the Denver Mannings, but Reggie could be sniping carries despite his balky ankle?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

climboutonalimb posted:

I'd be worried about starting Oliver in Denver over Hillman.

Yeah I think you're right, the question then becomes whether Hillman or McKinnon are the best option at RB2. Then, if Megatron plays, is Edelman a better Flex option than either of them?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Speaking of Hillman, I need to pick between him and Ahmad Bradshaw as my flex. Non-PPR. Opinions?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

No PPR. I'm not crazy for starting Jordan Cameron vs Oak instead of Jimmy vs GB unless I hear some amazing news about his shoulder, right? RIGHT?!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Lincoln posted:

Speaking of Hillman, I need to pick between him and Ahmad Bradshaw as my flex. Non-PPR. Opinions?

Thursday night running backs scare me.

Earl Weaver
Dec 27, 2008

Lincoln posted:

I like Bradshaw more. I believe the health of Brandon Flowers and Jason Verrett is in question, so Denver may take advantage.

I absolutely need a win this week. Who would you start? My picks I'm bold. (Standard scoring)

QB:
Cutler @ NE
Tannehill @ Jax

I lost last week because of Cutler and he got me spooked. Does he count as a stud? Tannehill's matchup looks great too.

Pick 2 RBs and a Flex:
Lacy vs NO
Oliver @ DEN

Ingram vs GB
Mason @ ??
Holmes @ Cle
Adams vs NO

Although Adams had one target last week, I think he could be a sneaky play if GB vs NO turns into a shootout. If Megatron plays, I'd play him (have Maclin/Benjamin)

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
ESPN league, PPR, having trouble setting my lineup this week. Really tempted to put in Hillman or Vereen but wondering if I should play it safe. Forte and Tate as my RB's and Alshon and Michael Floyd as WR's with Kelvin Benjamin in the Flex. Thoughts?

Antrodemus
Mar 8, 2002
Alright, I'm spoiled for choice since I finally think I have a good team - and now I don't know who to start. I need to pick 2 WR, 2 RB, and a FLEX (in standard scoring) from these options:

Jordy Nelson (@NO)
Jeremy Maclin (@ARI)
Emmanuel Sanders (SD)
Larry Fitzgerald (PHI)

Justin Forsett (@CIN)
Arian Foster (@TEN)
Ronnie Hillman (SD)
Chris Ivory (BUF)

As far as I'm concerned Nelson, Maclin and Foster are locks - that leaves me with one RB and one flex from the rest. Yahoo is predicting Forsett at 10.1 points and Ivory at 10.2 and I am really overthinking this at this point!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Fairly standard scoring

Big Ben v IND
or
Nick Foles @ ARI

and in a different league

Big Ben v IND
or
Carson Palmer v PHI

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Standard scoring.

Picking 2 QBs:
Stafford
Foles
Tannehill

Tannehill is rated lower pretty much everywhere, but he has a higher average, has been darn consistenr, and is playing the friggin Jags. Stafford will be without Johnson. What am I missing here

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ditch posted:

Standard scoring.

Picking 2 QBs:
Stafford
Foles
Tannehill

Tannehill is rated lower pretty much everywhere, but he has a higher average, has been darn consistenr, and is playing the friggin Jags. Stafford will be without Johnson. What am I missing here

I'd lean Stafford/Tannehill.

AZ defense is decent, while the Falcons D is hot garbage, and Jags just lost Poz for the season, who was the glue of their D. Stafford will still be bombing it to Golden Tate and doing dump offs to Bell/Bush. Tannehill will be doing some read-option which spikes his numbers up. Foles still has a patchwork o-line for another couple of weeks.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
Standard scoring

Need a FLEX:
Braden OLIVER @ DEN
Chris IVORY v BUF
Mark INGRAM v GB

Leaning towards Ingram over Oliver due to Denver being brutal at home. Don't trust Ivory all that much against the Bills front line.

Edit: But I also spaced on Ingram's shoulder injury in the last game. I have no clue here.

Kouerson fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 23, 2014

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Kouerson posted:

Standard scoring

Need a FLEX:
Braden OLIVER @ DEN
Chris IVORY v BUF
Mark INGRAM v GB

Leaning towards Ingram over Oliver due to Denver being brutal at home. Don't trust Ivory all that much against the Bills front line.

Edit: But I also spaced on Ingram's shoulder injury in the last game. I have no clue here.

Buffalo is a tough defense, although Mckinnon did put up over 100 on them last week and a lot of that was yards after contact, which Ivory is also good at getting. Both of the other games have the downside of being potential blowouts. I think I'd go with Oliver personally especially since Ingram is coming off an injury, but I could see all 3 being duds or all 3 having great games.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Antrodemus posted:

Alright, I'm spoiled for choice since I finally think I have a good team - and now I don't know who to start. I need to pick 2 WR, 2 RB, and a FLEX (in standard scoring) from these options:

Jordy Nelson (@NO)
Jeremy Maclin (@ARI)
Emmanuel Sanders (SD)
Larry Fitzgerald (PHI)

Justin Forsett (@CIN)
Arian Foster (@TEN)
Ronnie Hillman (SD)
Chris Ivory (BUF)

As far as I'm concerned Nelson, Maclin and Foster are locks - that leaves me with one RB and one flex from the rest. Yahoo is predicting Forsett at 10.1 points and Ivory at 10.2 and I am really overthinking this at this point!

Personally I'd go Nelson, Maclin, Sanders, Forsett and Foster

Ditch posted:

Standard scoring.

Picking 2 QBs:
Stafford
Foles
Tannehill

Stafford, Tannehill

Full Metal Jackass fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Oct 23, 2014

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Antrodemus posted:

Jordy Nelson (@NO)
Jeremy Maclin (@ARI)
Emmanuel Sanders (SD)
Larry Fitzgerald (PHI)

Justin Forsett (@CIN)
Arian Foster (@TEN)
Ronnie Hillman (SD)
Chris Ivory (BUF)

top 2 from each amd hilman flex

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Has Rivers reached stud status yet? Because I have Romo vs. Washington and gently caress a Thursday game. Because the final score should be 42-38, it's going to be 17-10. I'm facing Luck this week, I really need a home run.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
From last page

Doppelganger posted:

1 point PPR, pick one of each.

Pierre Garcon @ DAL
Torrey Smith @ CIN
Doug Baldwin @ CAR

And

Martellus Bennett @ NE
Jordan Cameron vs OAK

Also, should I keep Cody Parkey or Cantanzaro for ROS?

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Has Rivers reached stud status yet? Because I have Romo vs. Washington and gently caress a Thursday game. Because the final score should be 42-38, it's going to be 17-10. I'm facing Luck this week, I really need a home run.

how do you figure romo in that offense has a better chance of being a home run than rivers?

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Doppelganger posted:

From last page

Bennett Garcon and catanzaro

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Yahoo! .5 ppr, pick two (one must be a WR, choosing WR2 and Flex)

Kendall Wright vs. Hou
James Jones @ Cle
Wes Welker vs. SD
Darren McFadden @ Cle
Zac Stacy @ KC

Bold are my current picks

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Kouerson posted:

Standard scoring

Need a FLEX:
Braden OLIVER @ DEN
Chris IVORY v BUF
Mark INGRAM v GB

FYI, I don't think anything is wrong with Ingram's shoulder. Pierre Thomas suffered a shoulder injury on Sunday. There is a poorly written blurb on ESPN that appears to conflate the two and I think that has some people confused.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I need two. Bolded are my current picks:

Jerick McKinnon @TB
Golden Tate @ATL
Michael Floyd vs Phi
Mike Evans vs Min
Davante Adams @NO (This is more wishful thinking)
Denard Robinson vs Miami
Tre Mason @KC

.5 PPR, +2 pts for TDS over 40yds, dynasty, 27man rosters.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.
Standard scoring, need a flex:

Vereen vs. CHI
Mason @ KC
Ingram vs. GB

I currently have Vereen starting, but I am constantly wavering between the three. I've been burned by this flex spot all season; why did I buy into so many RBBCs?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Immer posted:

Standard scoring, need a flex:

Vereen vs. CHI
Mason @ KC
Ingram vs. GB

I currently have Vereen starting, but I am constantly wavering between the three. I've been burned by this flex spot all season; why did I buy into so many RBBCs?

I like Ingram this week with Thomas out, Khiry banged up, and a sub-par GB run defense.

MacheteZombie posted:

I need two. Bolded are my current picks:

Jerick McKinnon @TB
Golden Tate @ATL
Michael Floyd vs Phi
Mike Evans vs Min
Davante Adams @NO (This is more wishful thinking)
Denard Robinson vs Miami
Tre Mason @KC

.5 PPR, +2 pts for TDS over 40yds, dynasty, 27man rosters.

McKinnon and Tate seems right to me.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I've got a good problem to have: too much depth.

0.2 PPR, 10 team ,Yahoo. I need an RB2 and a Flex.

Lamar Miller @ Jacksonville
Jerick McKinnon @ Tampa Bay
TY Hilton @ Pittsburgh
Mark Ingram vs. Green Bay

With Pierre Thomas out and Khiry Robinson limited in practice, this seems like the week that Ingram will bounce back with solid numbers. And McKinnon is starting to look really good and is facing a bad defense in Tampa. But Miller and Hilton feel like must-starts at this point. Would anybody do anything differently?

(Also starting DT, Cobb, and DeMarco Murray)

Mine got buried as the last post on page 1. Any thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think Miller and Hilton are too good to consider sitting for the others.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

RVProfootballer posted:

Seconded. Thanks for the feedback, Gobias. Gonna plug in Ingram and hope for the best.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Need a flex, non PPR:

Tre Mason vs KC
K.Allen vs Den
S.Jackson vs Det

Currently have Mason in the slot, but San Diego will most likely be throwing early and often to keep pace with Denver.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

McKinnon and Tate seems right to me.

Thanks. Just needed a sanity check.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Miller and Hilton have been red hot lately. If I had been a better fantasy player, I would be starting both of these cats this week instead of just Miller and the two guys you suggested.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Should I flex DeSean Jackson this week? I'm debating on starting him vs. flexing Charles Clay instead (I have Jordan Reed as my TE). MIA vs Jacksonville is such a good match-up, and I don't want to rely on anyone vs Dallas. Then again, the Giants threw on them last week and if RG3 comes back, Desean's upside is monstrous. Really not sure what to do here.

EDIT: Second question, who's got the better match-up this week? Greg Jennings @TB, or Jarvis Landry @JAX?

Sushipants fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 23, 2014

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Immer posted:

Seconded. Thanks for the feedback, Gobias. Gonna plug in Ingram and hope for the best.

Thanks guys. I really like all 4 guys this week so I wanted to see how others felt.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Need to pick a WR2, .5 PPR:

Keenan Allen @ Den
DeSean Jackson @ Dal
Kendall Wright v Hou
Torrey Smith @ Cin

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

fat greasy puto posted:

how do you figure romo in that offense has a better chance of being a home run than rivers?

Because since his back's gotten better, he's got 10 TDs in 4 games against two picks and over 1200 yards? He's scored over 20 points three times since Week 3 and Washington's offense is a 3-and-out factory. I don't think Romo is the question here.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Someone talk me off this cliff.

I have Jimmy G, who I'm scared of starting this week. My backup, Clay Harbor, got the job done last week, barely. I'm tempted to drop him for Escobar and starting Escobar over Graham.

This is a terrible terrible idea, right?

Edit: Scratch all that, just noticed Owen Daniels is available. Drop Clay for Owen, right?

ladyboy
Feb 8, 2007
PPR
2 RB slots, I should play Jamaal Charles and...

Bryce Brown @ NYJ
Bishop Sankey vs. Houston
Jeremy Hill vs. Baltimore
?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Reggie Died posted:

Need a flex, non PPR:

Tre Mason vs KC
K.Allen vs Den
S.Jackson vs Det

Currently have Mason in the slot, but San Diego will most likely be throwing early and often to keep pace with Denver.

This is going to sound weird but Rivers owns the Broncos at Denver. I wouldn't be surprised to see Allen have a good game. I would however be surprised to see Jackson have a good game and who knows what Mason will do.

ladyboy posted:

PPR
2 RB slots, I should play Jamaal Charles and...

Bryce Brown @ NYJ
Bishop Sankey vs. Houston
Jeremy Hill vs. Baltimore
?

I would not consider Brown at all this week and I would sure hate to have to play Sankey. On the other hand it seems like Hill scores almost every game. I'd go Hill.

Full Metal Jackass fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 23, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I disagree, and in fact just dropped Hill.

This is Hill's production in 1ppr:

8.3 a game is a decent average, but those two 1s are terrible as a floor. That's a bit too unreliable to use him as a starter over anyone who can return a minimum of 5 points a game.

e. On the other hand, Sankey isn't really any better. Ugh.

Bryce Brown is a pure gamble - I think Dixon will get the bulk of the carries, but there's been a debate in the regular fantasy thread and at least a couple people seem to think Brown is the dynamic better runner and will be used more.

I guess Brown and Hill are both gambles.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 23, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Full Metal Jackass posted:

This is going to sound weird but Rivers owns the Broncos at Denver. I wouldn't be surprised to see Allen have a good game. I would however be surprised to see Jackson have a good game and who knows what Mason will do.

One slight wrinkle in this is that it was the SD ground game that owned DEN last year. The way to beat Peyton is by keeping him off the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

One slight wrinkle in this is that it was the SD ground game that owned DEN last year. The way to beat Peyton is by keeping him off the field.

SF is usually considered to have a good ground game but they could not get anything going against Denver last week. Denver's run defense is improved from last year significantly.

• Locked thread