Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

R.D. Mangles posted:

.5 PPR

Choose 1 RB and 1 Flex

Gio Bernard
Sanu
Jerrick McKinnon
Tre Mason
Mike Evans
Sproles

Thinking about going with Bernard and McKinnon vs. TB, but Bernard's injury worries me

If you're worried about Gio so much that you think you might not start him then start Sanu. He should have a decent day if Green doesn't play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

scanlonman posted:

Sanu.

Sammy Watkins, Buf WR @ Jac
or
Mike Wallace, Mia WR @ NYJ
1PPR

You got the opponents mixed up there (MIA@JAX, BUF@NYJ). Wallace has been really consistent so far and they are playing the Jaguars so unless you think you'll need (non-guaranteed) massive points from Watkins to win I would start Wallace.

I need to fill my RB2 spot and I have these to choose from:

Cadet (NO vs GB)
Stewart (CAR vs SEA)

It's pretty dire but I'm stacked at all my other positions and have Mathews/Sims ready to go for the future. Alfred Blue is on waivers, the Texans are playing Tennessee this week - thoughts on gambling that the game goes into garbage time halfway through and Blue gets put on to rest Foster? Seems like it could be a possibility. Not much else on waivers other than Storm Johnson and Benny Cunningham (and Juwan Thompson lol).

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!

timmmmaaaah posted:

I need to fill my RB2 spot and I have these to choose from:

Cadet (NO vs GB)
Stewart (CAR vs SEA)

I'm in a similar situation, Cadet will catch a lot of passes so I favor him so long as your league has PPR.

In a .5 PPR what is better:

Ivory vs. Buffalo
Cadet vs. GB

I'm actually leaning Cadet, but McKinnon managed to put up over a hundred yards against Buffalo so maybe they're slipping.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

slagmatic posted:

I'm in a similar situation, Cadet will catch a lot of passes so I favor him so long as your league has PPR.

In a .5 PPR what is better:

Ivory vs. Buffalo
Cadet vs. GB

I'm actually leaning Cadet, but McKinnon managed to put up over a hundred yards against Buffalo so maybe they're slipping.

Both are honestly pretty poor options in standard, although Cadet as you say has a little more value in PPR. I am expecting Ivory to have a decent game though just because he's a very similar runner to Mckinnon in terms of average yards after contact.

regfairfield
May 22, 2005
.5 PPR need a flex

Anthony Dixon @NYJ
Andre Holmes @CLE
Davante Adams @NO
Jonathan Stewart vs SEA

I feel like Stewart will at least get carries, Adams may have a good matchup against the Saints, Holmes may or may not be Carr's go to guy and who knows about Dixon.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
ESPN Standard, pick 2 WR

Randall Cobb, GB WR
Sammy Watkins, Buf WR
James Jones, Oak WR
T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR

WW
Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
Julian Edelman, NE WR

Bardo
Nov 6, 2009

GamingHyena posted:

ESPN Standard, pick 2 WR

Randall Cobb, GB WR
Sammy Watkins, Buf WR
James Jones, Oak WR
T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR

WW
Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
Julian Edelman, NE WR

I'd go T.Y Hilton over Watkins, unless you need a home run to win. Watkins put up massive numbers last week, but has otherwise been up and down. Hilton's been consistent, and now with Reggie Wayne out he might even get more looks.

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME

GamingHyena posted:

ESPN Standard, pick 2 WR

Randall Cobb, GB WR
Sammy Watkins, Buf WR
James Jones, Oak WR
T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR

WW
Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
Julian Edelman, NE WR

Stick with what you got. Both Cobb and Watkins are going up against two of the worst pass defenses in the league.

canti32 posted:

Should I drop Jordan Cameron for Dwayne Allen in a non-ppr league? I have Larry Donnell as my other TE. I need as many points as possible this week, and Cameron has been real hit or (mostly) miss this year.

Bumping for the new page

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
Standard league, need 1 WR, 1 Flex

Greg Jennings @ TB
Roddy White vs Det
Brandon LaFell vs Chi
Brian Quick @ KC
Anthony Dixon @ NYJ

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

canti32 posted:

Bumping for the new page

I wouldn't, but sometimes I'm guilty of holding on to players I used a high draft pick on too long.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

regfairfield posted:

.5 PPR need a flex

Anthony Dixon @NYJ
Andre Holmes @CLE
Davante Adams @NO
Jonathan Stewart vs SEA

I feel like Stewart will at least get carries, Adams may have a good matchup against the Saints, Holmes may or may not be Carr's go to guy and who knows about Dixon.
EDIT: Missed the .5 PPR. That makes it tougher, I would say probably Stewart, simply because of touches.

Enforka fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 25, 2014

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I never got a reply and am feeling less sure now (pick one, non-PPR):

Maclin @ ARI
Jeffery @ NE

Is New England going to be able to contain both Marshall and Jeffery, or prioritize Marshall? Is Arizona going to be able to focus entirely on Maclin and lock him down?

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
No ppr standard scoring, need 1 of:
Percy Harvin v Buf
Dwayne Bowe v StL
Brandin Cooks v GB

I can't wait until Fred Jackson is better or Josh Gordon comes back.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

I never got a reply and am feeling less sure now (pick one, non-PPR):

Maclin @ ARI
Jeffery @ NE

Is New England going to be able to contain both Marshall and Jeffery, or prioritize Marshall? Is Arizona going to be able to focus entirely on Maclin and lock him down?
I'd go Maclin. The Cardinals have one of the worst passing D's in the league, NE has a very good pass D. On top of that, Maclin has been better than Marshall this year so far.

yoyodyne posted:

No ppr standard scoring, need 1 of:
Percy Harvin v Buf
Dwayne Bowe v StL
Brandin Cooks v GB

I can't wait until Fred Jackson is better or Josh Gordon comes back.
Ugh. I guess I'd go with Bowe, he hasn't been terrible lately and StL's defense is bad. I think it's too early to trust Harvin.

Enforka fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 26, 2014

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Flex (non-PPR), need 1 of:

Morris vs DAL
A.Johnson vs TEN

Desperation options: Tre Mason, Crowell and Hunter.

Different league, still no PPR:

Bennett vs NE
Or
Kelce vs STL

Reggie Died fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 26, 2014

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Enforka posted:

I'd go Maclin. The Cardinals have one of the worst passing D's in the league, NE has a very good pass D. On top of that, Maclin has been better than Marshall this year so far.

This. Arizona's rush defense is great but their pass D is meh.

Reggie Died posted:

Bennett vs NE
Or
Kelce vs STL

I think I like Kelce for 2 reasons: I don't trust that Chicago Offense to do anything that makes sense. Maybe they score 40, maybe 10, who knows. More importantly though, StL's pass D is quietly terrible. They have the worst passing D DVOA in league which doesn't necessarily mean worst fantasy D, but it's a team you want to have pass catchers against.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat my team is such a shitshow.

Pick a TE. 1PPR

Chandler @ NYJ
Witten vs. Washington

Pick a flex. 1PPR

Jermaine Kearse @ Carolina
Brandon LaFell vs. Chicago
Andre Holmes vs. Cleveland
Bryce Brown @ NYJ

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Those are some pretty unappetizing choices. I think I'd go with Witten for the TE. For the flex, I don't know. If you felt like gambling you could try Brown, but I'd be surprised based on what the talk has been like about their situation if he gets used a lot. I'd probably pick Holmes personally, he was pretty bad last week but he usually at least gets a decent amount of targets.

toget
Jul 12, 2008
1 PPR, pick one RB from:
Antone Smith in London
Doug Martin vs. Min

I also have Bernard Pierce and Trent Richardson, but Trent doesnt seem healthy and I need to decide before london-kickoff anyways.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Need two RBs, .5 PPR:

Denard Robinson vs MIA
Jerick McKinnon at TB
Bishop Sankey vs HOU

Yes, I know my RB corps is terrible. I drafted a bunch of great players like Toby Gerhart and CJ Spiller and DeAngelo Williams. The only RB I drafted that hasn't failed horribly for me is Trent Richardson, and doesn't that just feel like getting kicked in the dick.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

TheMcD posted:

Need two RBs, .5 PPR:

Denard Robinson vs MIA
Jerick McKinnon at TB
Bishop Sankey vs HOU

Yes, I know my RB corps is terrible. I drafted a bunch of great players like Toby Gerhart and CJ Spiller and DeAngelo Williams. The only RB I drafted that hasn't failed horribly for me is Trent Richardson, and doesn't that just feel like getting kicked in the dick.

The obvious choice is McKinnon. For the second one, it's more of a tossup - with Sankey you know he's going to get a decent amount of carries, but will probably not do much with them and put in another 5-8 point performance. Robinson will maybe get a lot of carries, but who knows with JAcksonville's terrible RB situation. It's also against Miami which is a tough matchup. I think I'd go with Robinson just because theoretically I think he has a higher ceiling.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Murphy Brownback posted:

The obvious choice is McKinnon. For the second one, it's more of a tossup - with Sankey you know he's going to get a decent amount of carries, but will probably not do much with them and put in another 5-8 point performance. Robinson will maybe get a lot of carries, but who knows with JAcksonville's terrible RB situation. It's also against Miami which is a tough matchup. I think I'd go with Robinson just because theoretically I think he has a higher ceiling.

Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I can't believe I'm considering this but....do I sit Matt Ryan for Colt "Scramblebrains" McCoy?

It's a 2 QB league and with Ryan I'm projected to win by a little...but he hasn't lived up to his porjections for a while (neither has Julio Jones). I'm afraid of the Falcons getting completely destroyed and not even putting up points in garbage time. Then again, garbage time is about the only points I'd expect out of McCoy.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

toget posted:

1 PPR, pick one RB from:
Antone Smith in London
Doug Martin vs. Min

I also have Bernard Pierce and Trent Richardson, but Trent doesnt seem healthy and I need to decide before london-kickoff anyways.

Umm, that's tough. I guess Doug Martin for a safer bet on getting some points. I don't trust Antone Smith to get many chances or to be able to do anything with them against Detroit.

Zero_Grade posted:

I can't believe I'm considering this but....do I sit Matt Ryan for Colt "Scramblebrains" McCoy?

It's a 2 QB league and with Ryan I'm projected to win by a little...but he hasn't lived up to his porjections for a while (neither has Julio Jones). I'm afraid of the Falcons getting completely destroyed and not even putting up points in garbage time. Then again, garbage time is about the only points I'd expect out of McCoy.

Nah, I think you play Ryan. Those aren't ideal options, but McCoy is going to be bad.

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004
Cutler @ NE
Stafford "@" Atl (in London)

I had Stafford, but he'd been underperforming without CJ. So I traded for Cutler, who proceeded to underperform. Great.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Go Go Gadget posted:

Cutler @ NE
Stafford "@" Atl (in London)

I had Stafford, but he'd been underperforming without CJ. So I traded for Cutler, who proceeded to underperform. Great.

I think I'd go Cutler. Stafford has been underperforming a lot longer than Cutler has, and I remember seeing the Chicago/NE game is expected to be high scoring.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
Mark Ingram, Tre Mason, or Bryce Brown in PPR?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Oh wow the early start left my opponent with Bush starting :getin:

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

Industrial posted:

Mark Ingram, Tre Mason, or Bryce Brown in PPR?

I think I'd go Ingram with Khiry and Thomas out he's bound to get a bit of work this week. Mason's an unknown and Brown isn't the starter.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I need 2 WR, 2 RB and a flex from:

Antonio Brown v IND
Steve Smith @ CIN
TY Hilton @ PIT
Vincent Jackson v MIN

LeVeon Bell v IND
Mark Ingram v GB
Jerick McKinnon @TB

Also a defense:

Texans @ TEN
or
Colts @ PIT?

NFL.com standard scoring.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Zero_Grade posted:

the consensus floating around is that theres a good chance washington doesnt have enough possession in this game for anyone to put up numbers

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I need 2 WR, 2 RB and a flex from:

Antonio Brown v IND
Steve Smith @ CIN
TY Hilton @ PIT
Vincent Jackson v MIN

LeVeon Bell v IND
Mark Ingram v GB
Jerick McKinnon @TB

Also a defense:

Texans @ TEN
or
Colts @ PIT?

NFL.com standard scoring.

Lots of decent options! Brown, Hilton, Bell, Ingram, McKinnon. I'd probably go Colts, as they've consistently done well, whereas Houston hasn't done particularly well on weeks that they haven't scored a TD.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Shane Vereen or Ben Tate? Standard

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is Bryce Brown worth playing this week without knowing how much work he will get, or should I just play Chris Johnson.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Id go for the Brown homerun there. Kind of know what Johnson will give you at this point

Elston Gunn
Apr 15, 2005

I hate my QB situation.
Cam Newton vs. SEA
Or
Tannehill @ JAX

ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?
I'm looking for 1 rb and a flex from the following (0ppr):

Jerick McKinnon @ TB
Shane Vereen vs Chi
Ahmad Bradshaw @ Pit
Vincent Jackson vs Min

I've currently got McKinnon and Vereen in, however I'm certainly concerned about Vereen's being under the weather, and am probably going to swap Bradshaw in and out a half-dozen times before kickoff. Thoughts?

I suppose, conceivably, VJax could be in play for wr3 instead Mike Wallace as well.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Elston Gunn posted:

I hate my QB situation.
Cam Newton vs. SEA
Or
Tannehill @ JAX

I'd lean Tannehill, but I'd expect similar results for Newton and Tannehill. Tough to say which has a better chance at a big game, too.

Bgwin
Apr 23, 2004
ESPN 10 person PPR League

Pick 2:

Gio Benard vs BAL
Andre Ellington vs PHI
Lamar Miller vs. JAC
Justin Forsett vs CIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Elston Gunn posted:

I hate my QB situation.
Cam Newton vs. SEA
Or
Tannehill @ JAX

Same situation here, starting Newton. Seattle's D has been poo poo this year and I feel like Newton's ceiling is much higher. Tannehill is probably the safer pick though.

tonic fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 26, 2014

• Locked thread