Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

They smuggled in Mako in this episode. Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 8, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everybody Loves Andou-kun.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There were some parts chalk full of QUALITY this episode, but I guess the fisheye shots were much more important.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

During the quiz, Gendo Shinji and the mom (whats her name? gently caress her) are one group of the contestants, which makes Andou being the only one to know about Shrodingers Cat and the other poo poo extra funny.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Don't forget that Tomoyo also has a Guts statue on her desk, of all things.

You know, while harem is all played out and awful, I will say that Andou is miles more engaging than your average protagonist for the genre. He's just a genuinely swell guy and while he's also goony as hell, he owns it in a way that makes him come off as super self-assured and confident.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I am still watching the show but I'm not sure why. Maybe just because I made it this far but it seems really weird Hatoko had that big break down and so far just...nothing. A bunch of random assholes showed up and are doing... a thing and Andou man. He sure is a chuuni, but he's nice so this is all we'll ever talk about. At all times. When Andou is not in a scene, the girls should be asking, where's Andou?

I am mainly saying if he dies on the way to his home planet, that's ok.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Good Listener posted:

I'm honestly getting a wired vibe from this show. It started when Andou was explaining about dark and dark, and he said something along the lines of "It's useless but looks cool, and for now that's all it really needs to be." Im guessing that andou's serge in popularity (the girls didn't have much truck with his antics before it all kicked off) is due to something else rather than just general protagonist'ness.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Good Listener posted:

I am still watching the show but I'm not sure why. Maybe just because I made it this far but it seems really weird Hatoko had that big break down and so far just...nothing. A bunch of random assholes showed up and are doing... a thing and Andou man. He sure is a chuuni, but he's nice so this is all we'll ever talk about. At all times. When Andou is not in a scene, the girls should be asking, where's Andou?

That was a terrible reference and I feel bad for recognizing it.
Andou is nowhere near as bad as Poochy :colbert:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

zerosix posted:

I'm honestly getting a wired vibe from this show. It started when Andou was explaining about dark and dark, and he said something along the lines of "It's useless but looks cool, and for now that's all it really needs to be." Im guessing that andou's serge in popularity (the girls didn't have much truck with his antics before it all kicked off) is due to something else rather than just general protagonist'ness.

Ooh. That's a horrible thought.
I mean, I don't think it's very likely, but if Andou's power is charming the girls... That would be creepy as gently caress.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames
I kind of doubt that. Their reaction to Andou threatening to use his power again would make sense, but then Sayumi's/Chifuyu's reaction to being told she's in love with Andou makes no sense at all; she would already know why she's in love, it's because Andou used his power.

It's been several episodes since Andou leveled up and the show seems in absolutely no rush to tell us what it is. I'm beginning to wonder if it'll end without telling us, as the last two episodes had nothing to do with superpowers and next episode is a vacation with Hatoko.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

HiveCommander posted:

That was a terrible reference and I feel bad for recognizing it.
Andou is nowhere near as bad as Poochy :colbert:

I have no regrets haha~

No, Andou is not necessarily a bad character it's just I don't find much interesting about him when I look at the other characters in the show, or even other male protagonists this season. For example, I think Kanie in Amaburi is way more fun to watch just to see if he'll be able to help the park succeed or not. Andou just seems kind of like a nice guy who is just there in comparison. I might be being overly mean but when it seemed like Kuki was falling in love with him too last ep, it was just like "oh come onnnn" to me haha.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Andou is such a nice guy harem protag even the stuffed whale fancies him

I do approve of multiple swimsuit eps though.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Good Listener posted:

I have no regrets haha~

No, Andou is not necessarily a bad character it's just I don't find much interesting about him when I look at the other characters in the show, or even other male protagonists this season. For example, I think Kanie in Amaburi is way more fun to watch just to see if he'll be able to help the park succeed or not. Andou just seems kind of like a nice guy who is just there in comparison. I might be being overly mean but when it seemed like Kuki was falling in love with him too last ep, it was just like "oh come onnnn" to me haha.

I dunno, Andou is kind of necessary for the themes so far--namely, that having superpowers doesn't do anything for their actual problems. You may be able to stop time or control fire, but that doesn't do anything for your real goals (unless you need to get somewhere quickly or set someone on fire). Correspondingly, the guy with no "real" superpower is the best at dealing with those problems, because he used all the saved character creation points to pump his social stats.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
So am I misinterpreting the intro to the newest episode or did Tomoyo cause Andou's chuuni?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That was basically confirmed in the last episode when Andou was telling her about why he went back to being a chuuni when he was about to give it up.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

InspectorCarbonara posted:

So am I misinterpreting the intro to the newest episode or did Tomoyo cause Andou's chuuni?

He was considering giving up being chuuni, she talked him into carrying on

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're just going to keep teasing us with a plot aren't they?

E: Apparently Trigger is making the final episode an anime original, so maybe.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 16, 2014

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Okay is everyone but Andou just really stupid or something? That get-away plan seemed pretty obvious.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm really happy that they made Andou's awakened power way worse instead of giving him a legit good power.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I would love to see a series based on Andou's power. At least the ending was left open for a season 2.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Good show when it's being either completely ridiculous or completely serious. Basically any time it's not doing romance. Andou is one hardcore motherfucker.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I'm really happy that they made Andou's awakened power way worse instead of giving him a legit good power.

I bet Stage 3 is his entire body getting covered in that flame

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Somewhere in the multiverse, there is a pocket dimension with three perpetually burning hands.

The finale was weird. Can't wait for the second season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I think that while Andou is slightly above the bland protagonist curb, he's no where near the same as the Trinity-Seven one, who was super self-aware of his harem situation.

• Locked thread