Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Overlord K posted:

I don't know what Andou was going for with claiming the secret was him being a lolicon, but how passionate he was about the lie and the super dramatic shots of him were pretty darn funny.

He was trying to cover up a 'horrible' truth with a horrible lie.

It's still silly in this case cause the whole point of doing something like that is to get the person to stop asking questions. Yet what Madoka would have done had this not been anime bullshit is back away slowly and find the nearest adult. Or maybe he's just that charismatic, I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is such a strange show. The comedy portions are generally hit-or-miss and can't really carry the show on its own but the dramatic moments are more or less completely on point. That's usually the exact opposite of how these silly LN adaptations go.

Hatoko's blowup was quite something. Definitely the best individual VA performance I've seen in a while. And fully deserved too, Andou handled that about as badly as you possibly could.

My fear is that the whole thing kinda eventually gets swept under the rug and chalked up to plain jealousy on Hatoko's part when all is said and done.

• Locked thread