Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Emalde posted:

I can't handle that Andou is useless. I would be perfectly fine with "power that is not as impressive", but as-is that entire character forces me away from the show with how he is a literal waste of space.

It bothered me at first, but with the direction the show is going I don't really think it matters? They aren't exactly fighting to save the world week to week, his useless mega-dork power is about as relevant in day to day nonsense as the rest of them.

I dunno, I take this show as purely mindless fluff and something to make me smile a bit on a fricken Monday and it does that well enough. It's not great but I kinda like it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Einander posted:

This show is nice and relaxing. I'm a little sad it no longer seems to be out on Mondays (nothing else comes out on Mondays, it was a perfect spot!), but it's genuinely pleasant.

Andou's true superpower is a supernatural level of self-possession and self-awareness by any standards, let alone someone in his age group. Dude seriously has his poo poo together, but people can stop time in this show, so I'll buy it. (Though it does make me think of Nasu's talk about gender equality in his works.) Both his "I won't cheer for you" and "My power is the coolest!" dialogues were great. And the show's willing to let the Hatoko thing simmer on the backburner for a bit, which is a good sign; it shows some confidence.

The show's not a work of art, but I like it. I hope it keeps it up.

Yeah, this show is actually turning out to be unexpectedly sweet and the little bits of humor and visual gags are all well done. It's definitely starting to grow on me.

• Locked thread