Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nielsm posted:

Tomoyo is much better at the chuuni thing than July-guy.

It's just that her's is more concentrated since she's hiding it all of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

madmac posted:

Yeah, this show is actually turning out to be unexpectedly sweet and the little bits of humor and visual gags are all well done. It's definitely starting to grow on me.

TRIGGER always finds a way.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

KasaiAisu posted:

Oh man, poo poo finally hit the fan. Best episode yet.

Actual villains! Other superpowers! Leveling up! I'm actually surprised they slowrolled all that for this long, but I suppose it was necessary to establish characters. This show just got a lot more interesting.

Given that there are 6 (though the student council president is more like a principal secondary character) primary characters, it makes sense to have an episode about each of them, or at least in their relation to the prime Protagonist, before getting the plot ball finally rolling with half of the series left to go.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think if any other company was doing this, it wouldn't have turned out half as well as Trigger's been handling the whole thing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Hatoko's VA deserves some kind of endurance reward.

If there's an award for performances in amine, she should be on the short list for this year in best actress

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nielsm posted:

Where did Mired go anyway? We haven't really seen her since ep 2 and I think an upgrade of her power could be cool. Maybe copying instead of stealing powers, and swapping them around between users?

IIRC, someone on /a/ said that Mirei doesn't really appear until later on in the LNs so it was weird to introduce her so early on.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There were some parts chalk full of QUALITY this episode, but I guess the fisheye shots were much more important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I'm really happy that they made Andou's awakened power way worse instead of giving him a legit good power.

I bet Stage 3 is his entire body getting covered in that flame

• Locked thread