Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Decebal posted:

Huitzilopochtli and Tlaloc have to be bathed in blood or else there's gonna be trouble. The Cartels are just doing that sacred duty to ensure survival.

Edit: also bring back the Templo Mayor so they have a place to store all those severed heads instead of throwing them all over the place

Yeah, this. This is pretty much a return to business as usual for a culture which worshiped a god of flaying people alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the triple alliance/aztecs were way fuckin cooler than the cartels. i dont see a single contemporary skull pyramid anywhere

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
MEXICO (1,583 kidnappings in 2013, although as many as 99% may be going unreported)
Where you're getting kidnapped: Anywhere, really, but it’s most common in border cities like Juarez, Tijuana, and Tampico.

Who’s getting kidnapped: Mexico is a fairly equal-opportunity country when it comes to stealing people, though the more-publicized and brutal incidents mostly involve locals, not tourists.

Who’s doing the kidnapping: Unless you’re an international drug mule the cartels will likely leave you alone. It’s the random street thugs and rogue cab drivers that you're worried about.

How they're kidnapping you: The majority of American kidnappings in Mexico involve ATM holdups, where tourists are kept for a few days while they withdraw as much money as possible. "Express kidnappings” can be common as well, and involve being held until a family member pays a ransom.

How to avoid It: Stick to the resort areas and beaches in whatever city you're visiting. If the lure of the donkey show is just TOO much for you, make sure you stay on well-lit streets, and don’t hail “unofficial” taxis to save a few bucks.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

theres taht thing some indians do with masks on the back of their head so tigers wont attack them? i hear in mexico if you wear a sombrero + giant mustache its the same thing but for kidnappings

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
from texas to mexico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYR-H4Hgoz8&t=10s

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

a terminator movie where a t800 goes around owning narco bitches who try something would be pretty cool

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
this is now mexico.jpeg

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

quote:

THESE TWO PROSTITUTES WERE WORKING WITH A DRUG CARTEL TO SUPPLEMENT THEIR INCOME IN MEXICO WHERE PEOPLE DO NOT MAKE MUCH MONEY AND EVEN THE AVERAGE TRUCK DRIVER ONLY EARNS ABOUT 8 DOLLARS A DAY. THEY DOUBLE CROSSED THE CARTEL THEY WERE WORKING FOR AND PAID FOR IT WITH THEIR LIVES. FIRST THEY WERE RAPED AND TORTURED TO TEACH THEM A LESSON AND THEN THEY WERE KILLED. NOTES WERE LEFT NEXT TO THE BODIES JUST TO SEND A MESSAGE TO ANYBODY ELSE WHO MIGHT GET THE IDEA TO DOUBLE CROSS THE CARTEL. BY MEXICAN STANDARDS THEY DIED A RELATIVELY EASY DEATH BECAUSE USUALLY IN MEXICO YOU HAVE YOUR HEAD, ARMS AND LEGS CUT OFF AND THEN ARE DISPLAYED EITHER ON THE HOOD OR THE ROOF OF AN AUTOMOBILE OR DUCT-TAPED AND THROWN OFF OF A BRIDGE.

In mexico, getting raped, tortured and executed is a relatively easy death

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Get well soon, Mexico!

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Mexico is literally pandora from borderlands.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:nms: (its somewhat censored but still) http://i.imgur.com/sy4ig7X.jpg

The mangled and unidentified corpses of a man, right, and a woman, left, hang from a pedestrian bridge in in the Mexican city of Nuevo Laredo, across the border from Texas in 2012. The yellow sign above them reads: "This is going to happen to all of those posting funny things on the Internet. You better f-----g pay attention. I'm about to get you."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zzulu posted:

The mangled and unidentified corpses of a man, right, and a woman, left, hang from a pedestrian bridge in in the Mexican city of Nuevo Laredo, across the border from Texas in 2012. The yellow sign above them reads: "This is going to happen to all of those posting funny things on the Internet. You better f-----g pay attention. I'm about to get you."

that's nothing, they beheaded a 17-19 y.o. woman for trolling the cartels on the local newspaper's message boards. And rested her head and body next to a statue/bench in the center of town.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Don Tacorleone posted:

Just yesterday I saw a customer that I hadn't seen for months and I was all "Heyyyyyy sup, did you go on vacation lol where were you" and she began talking about how they kidnapped her son, demanded 1 million pesos (about 100k? ) and since she didn't want to pay they returned him in a cooler cut up in pieces, including a fresh head

and I was all like oic

then they shot someone literally 20 meters from my poo poo job, ambulance arrived, they blocked off the street

these aren't even the worst stories, just the most recent

Viva Mexico

edit: reading this, I just realized, this happened YESTERDAY, I almost even forgot about it lol, I was like "gently caress they shot this guy right here and now the street is blocked off and I'm gonna have to take an alternate route" that was my only thought, this poo poo doesn't even register anymore, I thought about taking a photo since I was so close but I don't really use twitter

Cooler stories bro!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

Thankfully I have nothing to worry about since I never post anything funny

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fandyien posted:

the triple alliance/aztecs were way fuckin cooler than the cartels. i dont see a single contemporary skull pyramid anywhere

Oh my god if any cartels are reading this. Skull pyramid please.

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
Holy poo poo. I know a guy who's there for work and would always send me stuff saying "hey the cartels are really bad, please pay attention, tell your friends". I guess I should have

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I think they've been taken down but some of the rich/high ranking cartel members had instagram accounts where they would have a bunch of pictures of their vast shoe collection, trips to dubai, golden ak-47s etc. Then they'd have like 2-3 pictures next to a decapitated corpse or sticking their hand into some guys chest and stuff like that

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zzulu posted:

In mexico, getting raped, tortured and executed is a relatively easy death

how can they be taught a lesson if they're dead?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

If ya dont treat yourself with a few golden guns, then what was even the point of flaying and dismembering all those people in the first place??

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Zzulu posted:

If ya dont treat yourself with a few golden guns, then what was even the point of flaying and dismembering all those people in the first place??

but but mexico has gun control

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
I heard that the kidnapped students were themselves kidnappers who would routinely extort money from locals and take over buses to use for their own purpose. Can someone confirm or deny this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/07/world/americas/43-missing-students-a-mass-grave-and-a-suspect-mexicos-police-.html

quote:

The students, by many accounts, had been soliciting money in Iguala for an Oct. 2 demonstration rejecting cuts to their state-financed school, which opened in 1926 and has long played a role in local social justice movements. Such student demonstrations are part of a well-known militancy that goes back decades and has provoked violence in the past. It did again this time, as students got into a skirmish with the police when they tried to steal buses to take to and from the demonstration, human rights groups said.

But then again the same articles says the students had no criminal ties. Uh.. isn't stealing a bus kind of criminal act? If this is true, it just sounds like 2 assholes taking each other out and I'm totally ok with this.

I also saw a video on Reddit of a group of the so called "peaceful student demonstrators" (not sure if they were from the same school though that was the claim being made) start to assault a truck driver because he wanted to drive past the blockade. He got in his truck and just ran them all over like a maniac instead of driving away. I can't imagine how much bullshit that man has had to put up with to get to that point.

Mexico, I will never visit you. Ever.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Muttonchips posted:

I can't imagine how much bullshit that man has had to put up with to get to that point.

Mexico, I will never visit you. Ever.

Dude that's like the first straw in Mexico not the last. Life is cheap they'll grow new students.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

jalopybrown posted:

but but mexico has gun control

the cartels are the cops and military

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The More You Know

In 1999, Gulf Cartel's leader, Osiel Cardenas Guillen, hired a group of 37 corrupt former elite military soldiers to work for him. These former Airmobile Special Forces Group (GAFE), and Amphibian Group of Special

Forces (GANFE) soldiers became known as Los Zetas and began operating as a private army for the Gulf Cartel. During the early 2000s the Zetas were instrumental in the Gulf Cartel's domination of the drug trade in much of Mexico.

After the 2007 arrest and extradition of Gulf Cartel leader, Osiel Cardenas Guillen, the Zetas seized the opportunity to strike out on their own. Under the leadership of Heriberto Lazcano, the Zetas, numbering approximately 300, gradually set up its own independent drug, arms and human-trafficking networks. In 2008, Los Zetas made a deal with ex-Sinaloa cartel commanders, the Beltrán-Leyva brothers and since then, became rivals of their former employer/partner, the Gulf Cartel.

In early 2010 the Zetas made public their split from the Gulf Cartel and began a bloody war with Gulf Cartel over control of Northeast Mexico's drug trade routes. This war has resulted in the deaths of thousands of cartel members and suspected members. Furthermore, due to alliance structures, the Gulf Cartel- Los Zetas conflict drew in other cartels, namely the Sinaloa Cartel which fought the Zetas in 2010 and 2011.

The Zetas are notorious for targeting civilians, including the mass-murder of 72 migrants in the San Fernando massacre.

The Zetas involved themselves in more than drug trafficking and have also been connected to human trafficking, pipeline trafficked oil theft, extortion, and trading pirated CDs. Their criminal network is said to reach far from Mexico including into Central America, the U.S.A and Europe

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The Sinaloa Cartel began to contest the Gulf Cartel’s domination of the coveted southwest Texas corridor following the arrest of Gulf Cartel leader Osiel Cárdenas in March 2003. The "Federation" was the result of a 2006 accord between several groups located in the Pacific state of Sinaloa. The cartel was led by Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán, who was Mexico's most-wanted drug trafficker with an estimated net worth of US$1 billion made him the 1140th richest man in the world and the 55th most powerful, according to his Forbes magazine profile. In February 2010, new alliances were formed against Los Zetas and Beltran Leyva Cartel.

The Sinaloa Cartel fought the Juarez Cartel in a long and bloody battle for control over drug trafficking routes in and around the northern city of Ciudad Juarez. The battle eventually resulted in defeat for the Juarez Cartel but not before taking the lives of between 5-12,000 people in drug related violence.(:stare:) During the war for the turf in Ciudad Juarez the Sinaloa Cartel used several gangs (e.g. Los Mexicles, the Artistas Asesinos and Gente Nueva) to attack the Juarez Cartel. The Juarez Cartel similarly used gangs such as La Línea and the Barrio Azteca to fight the Sinaloa Cartel.

As of May 2010, numerous reports by Mexican and US media claimed that Sinaloa had infiltrated the Mexican federal government and military, and colluded with it to destroy the other cartels. The Colima, Sonora and Milenio Cartels are now branches of the Sinaloa Cartel.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Aren't Central American gangs supposed to somehow be even worse than Mexico's?

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I remember seeing some beheading videos on liveleaks or one of those gore sites once. There was one where they beheaded a girl and she was crying and I decided to never see gory poo poo ever again.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ImPureAwesome posted:

Aren't Central American gangs supposed to somehow be even worse than Mexico's?

places like el salvador are basically post apocalyptic hellholes run by gangs like hive cities in 40k

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

It's not that bad fags. Just don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

the culminator posted:

I remember seeing some beheading videos on liveleaks or one of those gore sites once. There was one where they beheaded a girl and she was crying and I decided to never see gory poo poo ever again.

crying after beheading? That's a new trick.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

OP, you didn't mention that the police in that incident also sold a bunch of protestors into slavery. For some reason, the government gunning down students seems like an ordinary third-world shithole thing, but selling people into slavery seems like a very American third-world shithole thing to do.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Chamale posted:

OP, you didn't mention that the police in that incident also sold a bunch of protestors into slavery. For some reason, the government gunning down students seems like an ordinary third-world shithole thing, but selling people into slavery seems like a very American third-world shithole thing to do.

if you want to engage in some awesome human traficking i actually feel like south east asia might be tops

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

outlaw bedazzled silencers and only criminals will bedazzle silencers

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
man you dont have to google very far to get stuff like this;

"Mexican Cartel Beheads 4 Women In Message To America"

Mexico is basically run by the non religious version of isis lol

Of course i watched the video. Why did i watch the video

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 23, 2014

Adbot