Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

HAHAHAHA gun shootings last night near my home and I didn't notice. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

LifeSizePotato posted:

it seems like the news and soaps should be pretty easy to follow tbh, but they're also pretty boring and annoying to watch. unfortunately the only actual way to get good at a language is speaking it with natives. :shobon:

dubbed material you're already familiar with that doesn't use funny voices is probably also a good way to go.

edit: actually this simpsons isn't sped up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbS5_CzQt8

awesome i am going to watch this later....gracias

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

here is a question for spanish speakers: i forget my accents a lot when writing in spanish how weird does this make things look? is it like unpunctuated english or more nonsensical

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

read some mexican facebooks sometime, most of them barely use accents and swap b's and v's with abandon

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Honestly even when im trying not to use text speak I barely use accents online unless im feeling proper that day. Youre good

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

yeah, it's not a big deal unless you are writing a paper or something important.

We also change the "Q" for a K

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
what convinced me mexico was a hell on earth that should be cordoned off was that video where they use a loving chainsaw to decapitate that uncle and nephew, when you out terror the muslims you're playing a whole other game.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
same thing applies to ¿ and ¡ btw. (I havent used ¡ in so long I actually had to look it up)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

LifeSizePotato posted:

read some mexican facebooks sometime, most of them barely use accents and swap b's and v's with abandon

Desperado Bones posted:

yeah, it's not a big deal unless you are writing a paper or something important.

We also change the "Q" for a K

jalopybrown posted:

what convinced me mexico was a hell on earth that should be cordoned off was that video where they use a loving chainsaw to decapitate that uncle and nephew, when you out terror the muslims you're playing a whole other game.

neat. maybe this explais why all the non-native professors ive had have been super anal about including accents and everything but all my native speaking professors have been much chiller about how much we can mess up b/c i guess it remains intelligible

my current spanish professor is cuban and his english is sometimes pretty funny and he messes up his tenses and uses "to" in the wrong context but it all makes perfect sense so who cares

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Cortez didn't trample enough Aztecs with his horses.

Proof? See Dota.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

cuban spanish on the other hand is by far the hardest to understand

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Don Tacorleone posted:

Lol, this isn't even near accurate

Like 99% of the drug crime is never reported, because police are working or under control of cartels

Source - my cousin is a policeman, and my eyes

Someone in my family got hosed by a cartel business and our police officer family member warned us to not even think about reporting the threats

oh so it's worse good to know

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

the culminator posted:

same thing applies to ¿ and ¡ btw. (I havent used ¡ in so long I actually had to look it up)

Those should disappear already, I mean, like no one uses that poo poo. but then spaniards would cry because spanish is sacred boo-hoo and latin americans are all wrong :qq:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lbsQyMhMT8

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fandyien posted:

i feel like i remember them doing a bunch of ironic message sending journalist murders where they like cut out their tongues and hung their bodies on a bridge with a sign that said something like "yo hablé"

cartel ppl have a really hosed up sense of humor. a few years ago my parents got picked up after a misunderstaning. they eventually released them (we all though they were goners) and since they had taken our car along with them they returned it as a gesture of good will i guess. inside the car was a piece of chocolate cake with a plastic spoon and a note that said "sorry"

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

babypolis posted:

cartel ppl have a really hosed up sense of humor. a few years ago my parents got picked up after a misunderstaning. they eventually released them (we all though they were goners) and since they had taken our car along with them they returned it as a gesture of good will i guess. inside the car was a piece of chocolate cake with a plastic spoon and a note that said "sorry"

see, don't believe the media lies. they're just misunderstood.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fandyien posted:

ive heard teh d.f is nice and safe

yeah df is actually very safe, getting mugged in a subway after bumping into someone is probably the only thing you should worry about there as long you dont wander into the dangerous neighborhoods. i you wanna visit mexico you should def go to mexico city it has some of the best food in the world and world class museums and parks and poo poo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

babypolis posted:

will be ruled by cartels

will be ruled?

lmao

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Chinatown posted:

will be ruled?

lmao

i mean they will drop the veener of democracy and rule as strait up warlords

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
whatever happened to those farmers that were chasing the cartels out of their little towns

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

babypolis posted:

i mean they will drop the veener of democracy and rule as strait up warlords

ah ya as long as i can still go to baja and eat fish tacos im cool with that

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Cartels are loving pussies.
They can only kill people if they are already tied up or still asleep, loving Elliot Rodgers was more manly than them.
Bunch of two inch todger daddy issue flaccid pussies with god delusions within a poo poo hole jungle country no one wants.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

babypolis posted:

That is really cute.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

babypolis posted:

haha

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

happyhippy posted:

They can only kill people if they are already tied up or still asleep, loving Elliot Rodgers was more manly than them.
Bunch of two inch todger daddy issue flaccid pussies with god delusions within a poo poo hole jungle country no one wants.

To be fair only like 1/4 of the country is covered in jungle, the rest is a desert. Get your facts straight rear end in a top hat.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Fishy Joe posted:

whatever happened to those farmers that were chasing the cartels out of their little towns

The ones from Michoacan? Their leader was arrested for reasons.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

happyhippy posted:

ur gonna get ur poo poo wrecked bro by some hardcore dudes..

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i like that mexico has a popular T.V. current affairs personality who is a crazy clown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7K_DBzKcf4

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

:allears: Brozo is loving awesome.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Desperado Bones posted:

Tampico city represent! poo poo gets crazy over here from time to time. Like, we have a couple of months with shootings and dead dudes all over the three towns (Tampico,Ciudad Madero and Altamira), then everything is calm and it's just fifteen year old girls getting snatched away for prostitution and hosed up poo poo, then we get back to massive killings and so on.

I'm running the gently caress away to the South once I finish the Uni, then I seriously wanna run to somewhere else far far away. I don't care if I'm 60 by then, at least let me die in a less hosed up place.
who is doing the killings. does anyone even know or have the ability to discuss it. like i'll look at a map and it says "zetas here" "CDG here" "cartel de jalisco nueva generacion" but i'd imagine it would just look like dead bodies if you're on the ground.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I think the average nasheed is better than the average narcocorrido but the best narcocorridos are better than the best nasheeds

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

:allears: Brozo is loving awesome.

No joke. He is also the voice of Lion-O from Thundercats and Sully from Monsters Inc.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Narcos fought the military outside of my house once.

I live in America now but yeah that poo poo was hosed up, saw grenades and like fuckin assault rifles and a grenade launcher. My house had bullet holes

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Omi-Polari posted:

who is doing the killings. does anyone even know or have the ability to discuss it. like i'll look at a map and it says "zetas here" "CDG here" "cartel de jalisco nueva generacion" but i'd imagine it would just look like dead bodies if you're on the ground.

From what i know Zetas and CDG are always fighting over Tamaulipas because it's one of the states used to send all the drug to the gringos. so all states near the border are always hosed up to hell. but yeah, there's a map of their territories somewhere.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Fishy Joe posted:

The government put them in jail lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well i started looking up cartel stuff and just watched a few cartel videos where they cut the heads off a few men and women and all I can really say is that they seem to be better at it than ISIS

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Inevitable posted:

All hail Santa Muerte.
jesus malverde :ese:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i wish i understood the religious beliefs of someone who tortures and murders people for money

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
kill 'em and let god sort them out :banjo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zzulu posted:

kill 'em and let god sort them out :banjo:

i wonder if they believe they are going to heaven

• Locked thread