Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toggle
Nov 7, 2005

marco ruiz is now captain of the juarez police force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
teh best thing Mexico can really hope for now is probably that one Cartel becomes so powerful they just straight up start running the country without any pretense of being behind the scenes and then wipe out and monopolize the other crime in the country lol

good job mexico

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Zzulu posted:

Well i started looking up cartel stuff and just watched a few cartel videos where they cut the heads off a few men and women and all I can really say is that they seem to be better at it than ISIS

There are very few entities on the planet as good at random and horrific violence as the various American drug cartels. Like these guys don't even get a semi if they haven't put 43 separate penises in a severed head's mouth and fired it at the grieving family out an air cannon.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

teh best thing Mexico can really hope for now is probably that one Cartel becomes so powerful they just straight up start running the country without any pretense of being behind the scenes and then wipe out and monopolize the other crime in the country lol

good job mexico
i think that's pretty much what mexico was like before things went kablooey.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How do I submit my application to the cartels?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i can understand like 3/5ths of what that mexican clown is saying but i already like him.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
All the former Spanish colonies seem to be pretty terrible at the whole independence and running your own country thing.

Sucks you guys south of the border couldn't have been colonized by Britain instead :(

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the PRI more or less ran everything. so while corruption was everywhere, it was predictable. "organized crime is better than disorganized crime" as joan rivers once said (about las vegas, but it applies). so when the PRI fell apart in the 1990s and lost power in 2000, things started getting disorganized.

and also cocaine

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

do mexican stoners feel really guilty all the time

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fandyien posted:

i can understand like 3/5ths of what that mexican clown is saying but i already like him.
EPN went on his show which is surreal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSGh28BdxeA

i think if you're mexican you have to be high all the time :okpos:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dia de los muertos is pretty cool though. Warning, incoming spooky skeltons

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 23, 2014

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I read an article about that clown guy somewhere years and years ago talking about how he was airing videos of powerful politicians accepting cash bribes on national television, and if he's kept that up this whole time then I'm kind of surprised he's still alive

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
does anyone in mexico still believe their politicians arent corrupt lol

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

and to think this nightmare was only .6% of the vote away from being avoided

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I wish more Americans got to listen to the bullshit government propoganda radio ads they run, in English, on AM radio.

Lots of AM transmitters are right across the border because they can turn the wattage way up legally there but they have to run government ads. They are awful and hilarious.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Zzulu posted:

Mexican politicians aren't corrupt, they loyally and faithfully carry out their constitutional duties to the drug dealers that run Mexico. Relatedly

Gaunab posted:

How do I submit my application to the cartels?

Move to Mexico. Are you still alive? Congratulations, you work for the cartels.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So, mexicans in this thread, what would you say is the best thing about your country

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zzulu posted:

no one does. supporters of political say poo poo like "oh of course they are a bunch of thieves but they know how to run poo poo"

Zzulu posted:

So, mexicans in this thread, what would you say is the best thing about your country

the food and most of the people.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

:allears: Brozo is loving awesome.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

brozo owns and in my limited understanding he's making nieto look like a dumbass in that interview. so my spanish sucks but it seems really obvious that nieto is spouting the most vacuous platitudes imaginable, like meaningless generic political statements, is that accurate mexigoons?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i will say that your food does loving own. No wonder your people are the fattest in the world

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

the american southwest doesnt know how lucky they are. i would a million times rather be next to mexico than next to the middle east. Mexican migrants never kill soldiers and blow up houses here for the glory of the cartels. poor loving europe

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
oh god now i want mexican food but there are zero good mexican food places anywhere near me

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zzulu posted:

oh god now i want mexican food but there are zero good mexican food places anywhere near me

drive to south texas :clint:

its like a hour away from anywhere

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Zzulu posted:

The food, always the food.

Ask to a mexican living in a foreign country what they miss the most and they will say the fatty greasy food.

Zzulu posted:

HAHAAHAHA I'm gonna go to buy tacos tonight because i'm a fatass and hope i don't get killed.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i enjoy mol[ay] and do not meet many who do

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

im hella far from mexico but there is no shortage of delicious genuine mexican cuisine here and it's so goddamn delicious. however i suspect that everyone making + serving it is actually from central america

i was gonna edit out the second deliicous in my first sentence but i think it is best left there to emphasize how much i love mexican food

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nonsense posted:

i enjoy mol[ay] and do not meet many who do

how could anyone not like something that delicious? :psyduck:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

proof of concept posted:

how could anyone not like something that delicious? :psyduck:

as a kid i didnt like it very much its a very unique taste that may take some time to get used to. it is a goddamn delicacy though

Fandyien posted:

brozo owns and in my limited understanding he's making nieto look like a dumbass in that interview. so my spanish sucks but it seems really obvious that nieto is spouting the most vacuous platitudes imaginable, like meaningless generic political statements, is that accurate mexigoons?

dude couldnt name 3 books that influenced him(i think he only managed to say te bible). hes literally nothing more than a pretty face with a nice big pair of eyes that suggest empathy and paternal comfort. he looks like he was bred in a lab to be the perfect political candidate

to be fair though mexican politics are nothing but meaningless platitudes. its all dumb slogans and parties, specially the pri, usually have very ill defined agendas and political ideals

babypolis fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 23, 2014

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Fandyien posted:

Yep, that's accurate indeed. At least the previous presidents tried (and failed) to have some kind of personality, EPN it's a demagogic robot.

Zzulu posted:

Despite everything, I think the best thing about our country it's our people. There are a lot of good and genuine motherfuckers out there, so it's not that bad :shobon:.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

nieto has convinced me that the new generation of mexicans is so democratic that things will be good in the future for reasons

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fandyien posted:

nieto has convinced me that the new generation of mexicans is so democratic that things will be good in the future for reasons

hes good isnt he.

hes like a dubya unmared by age or drug abuse

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
~aaaaaaayyyyyyyeeee aaaaaaayyee aayee aaayeee~

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lol at respectfully telling a TV clown that sometines you have different political views but thats okay because there's a respectful dialogue happening

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

what goes on pena nietos mind as he stares deeply into you eyes and pretends to care about your problems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wD6qROckNs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdGYeXgdueI

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

im still amazed by how good pena nietos campagaign was. of course they had more money than everyone else to spend but drat they spent it well. the personalized ads for every state were a stroke of genius

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

babypolis posted:

cartel ppl have a really hosed up sense of humor. a few years ago my parents got picked up after a misunderstaning. they eventually released them (we all though they were goners) and since they had taken our car along with them they returned it as a gesture of good will i guess. inside the car was a piece of chocolate cake with a plastic spoon and a note that said "sorry"

Lol holy poo poo.

I hope you can get the gently caress out of Mexico.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

TOOT BOOT posted:

they sewed some guys head onto a soccer ball and threw it on the dancefloor at a club

lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"i promise to do evreything to return our country to peace, such as _______"

you guys got owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Well Meigoons you have convinced me to work 10x harder because I have a decent life without horrible poo poo like this. Just so I can be assured I make enough money to avoid the horrors you have. Wish there was something I could do for you, but unless I become super successful and open up a business and am able to bring you over as greencard workers I doubt that'll happen.

Also how long till Brozo gets his head cut off by an angry cartel?

• Locked thread