Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Operational Brief
October 18th, 2112 Local. The M/V Tyco Resolute, underway laying trans-atlantic cable in position 38.225680, -60.512661, approx 477 nm ESE of Cape Cod, reports a snag on the outgoing cable. ROV Operator on duty, Aristides Santos pilots ships ROV to the snag. 2143, crew reports Mr Santos ran screaming in Portuguese from the ROV trailer and locked himself in his cabin. Backup Operator Sverrir Thorrisson takes over, clears the snag and the Tyco Resolute continues. All attempts to remove Mr Stantos from cabin are rebuffed.

October 19th, 0238 Local. An explosion on the aft davit causes catastrophic damage to the cable reel, causing the loss of current length of cable over the side. After securing the damage, crew forces themselves into Mr Santos’ cabin to find him dead of apparent suicide by hanging. Strewn about the cabin are notes covered in the words “diabo” “satanás” and “demônio”.

October 23rd, 1423 EST, M/V Tyco Resolute pulls into drydock in Boston, MA for repairs under Force Majeure. Tyco Communications requests local law enforcement assistance. Repairs are scheduled to be completed in 48 hours.

What is Delta Green?
Delta Green is a covert group inside the United States federal government. Its mission is to investigate, contain, and conceal unnatural events, because the unnatural is real and it kills. The world of Delta Green is like our own, but beyond the edges of reality are powers that outstrip the human mind’s capacity for understanding. Powers which, when they bleed through into our world, destroy everything in their path.
Agents of Delta Green have limited knowledge of these forces. If you’re an agent, you probably have experienced the unnatural at least once. This inciting event is likely what brought you to the attention of Delta Green in the first place. A few know more. They suffer that knowledge like a cancer of the mind.
Sometimes it’s better to know just enough to get the job done, and nothing more. That’s the first rule of Delta Green.

Want a longer, more in character explanation? http://www.delta-green.com/what-is-delta-green/ does a GREAT job.

As far as the system goes, it's pretty simple Call of Chtulhu-esque percentile stuff, and the Agents Handbook explains everything you need to know.

The Agents Handbook goes into more detail, however I’ve always liked this bit cribbed from trainspotting: Choose federal law enforcement. Choose the military. Choose NASA or the CDC. Choose lying to your superiors. Choose to ruin your career. Choose no friends. Choose divorce. Choose life through the bottom of a bottle. Choose destroying evidence and executing innocent people because they know too loving much. Choose black fatigues and matching gas masks. Choose an MP5 stolen from the CIA loaded with glasers, with a wide range of loving attachments. Choose blazing away at mind numbing, sanity crushing things from beyond the stars, wondering whether you'd be better off stuffing the barrel in your own mouth. Choose The King In Yellow and waking up wondering who you are. Choose a 9mm retirement plan. Choose going out with a bang at the end of it all, PGP encrypting your last message down a securely laid cable as an NRO Delta wetworks squad busts through your door. Choose one last Night at the Opera.

Delta Green Playtest
The newest version Delta Green’s got Playtest rules now, and I’ve been itching to run a one-shot type game for a while now. Here is a link to the rules and guidelines.

Specifics for this scenario
Make characters as outlined in the Agents Handbook. You can use point buy, or orokos.com to roll (link your set of rolls in your post)

Normally Delta Green operatives are already versed in the supernatural, they’ve been brought into DG because of their experiences. Think of this game as a prequel. This is the game your characters will look back on in 5 years, if they’re still alive, and think “It was simpler back then, remember before we knew too much?” Right now no one has any Delta Green affiliation, this is somewhat of a “Welcome to the universe” type game. I am running this as kind of a one shot so I can provide playtest feedback, but may continue if we’re all enjoying it.

I would like a mix of law enforcement/ex-military/academics. I’m shooting for 5 players, at least 1 of which is an academic of some sorts. Give your character a reason to be on this multi-agency investigative team sent to deal with the Tyco Resolute. One hook you can use is that since this is a request from another government, it feels like a jerkoff, so most agencies might not send their best man over. They’ll provide the mandated manpower and tell their guy “just show up, kill 48 hours and let’s write this off so we can get back to ‘real’ work.”

You can PM me, or find me on synirc in the star wars (#sweote) channel most of the time.

Something that makes a good, valuable character is a solid jurisdiction (if they have any), and the ability to work autonomously. For example, Boston Police Beat Cop isn’t great becuase they’re not able to make their own schedule, and outside of Boston they may as well not even have a badge. A Mass State Police Detective is good, they’ve probably got a take-home car, and can work all over the state.

Think outside the box too. I’ve had a US Postal Inspection Service guy in one game, and that was unique and interesting. He was also the source of many jokes from the rest of the players.

Recruiting will go on as long as it has to, I’d rather have 5 good characters than the first 5. Active posters are a must, at least once a day (reliably, I know that real life exists and sometimes things get slow, but I don’t want to be waiting 3 days inbetween every post.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

This sounds like a lot of fun. I've been itching to try Delta Green forever. I'll try to post up a guy tonight.

How does a CIA Librarian (there as a result of a "same name, different guy" red tape error) grab you?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Spoilers Below posted:

This sounds like a lot of fun. I've been itching to try Delta Green forever. I'll try to post up a guy tonight.

How does a CIA Librarian (there as a result of a "same name, different guy" red tape error) grab you?

Interesting, very interesting. Not sure about the red tape error, but maybe a liaison to say, the Boston multi-agency task force covering the boston marathon bombings. They got funding for 2 years and it's all wrapped up so you basically ride a desk doing nothing and you're climbing the walls. Your boss needs to send 1 warm body down to the docks and you volunteer, not like you're doing much right now anyways?

Open to suggestions, maybe elaborate on your red tape error idea?

I love the CIA Librarian, just need to find a way to get him in. You could also perhaps be a subject matter expert on international maritime law, and as such you're there to make sure that Force Majeure isn't violated (along with other statutes)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Force Majeure, for those who are wondering, is essentially the ability for a foreign flagged ship to enter US waters due to an emergency. Because they're not here for a 'normal' call, many US customs laws don't apply. There's more to it but that's the gist.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Very interested in trying out the new DG rules.

I'm still researching a bit as to who could claim jurisdiction on the story hook, but I'm thinking either a Civilian or Warrant Officer working for the Coast Guard Investigative Service. Mysterious boat with possible homicide, makes sense to me.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

Interesting, very interesting. Not sure about the red tape error, but maybe a liaison to say, the Boston multi-agency task force covering the boston marathon bombings. They got funding for 2 years and it's all wrapped up so you basically ride a desk doing nothing and you're climbing the walls. Your boss needs to send 1 warm body down to the docks and you volunteer, not like you're doing much right now anyways?

Open to suggestions, maybe elaborate on your red tape error idea?

I love the CIA Librarian, just need to find a way to get him in. You could also perhaps be a subject matter expert on international maritime law, and as such you're there to make sure that Force Majeure isn't violated (along with other statutes)

I dig the desk riding aspect a great deal. A little less black comedy horror than the clerical error, but that probably fits the tone better. I was thinking of using the "Intelligence Analyst" profession to build off of, so he'd speak a number of languages. There's a good amount of foreign words on the ship?

Background wise, I was thinking he's a failed seminarian (past profession: clergy), so that would also perhaps be a hook to get him involved? ("Really, a bunch of fuckin' Satanists? Hey, you using to be a priest or something, right?" "Not exactly, boss...")

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Jolinaxas posted:

Very interested in trying out the new DG rules.

I'm still researching a bit as to who could claim jurisdiction on the story hook, but I'm thinking either a Civilian or Warrant Officer working for the Coast Guard Investigative Service. Mysterious boat with possible homicide, makes sense to me.

CGIS would be an excellent choice, lots of autonomy and boat familiarity.

Spoilers Below posted:

I dig the desk riding aspect a great deal. A little less black comedy horror than the clerical error, but that probably fits the tone better. I was thinking of using the "Intelligence Analyst" profession to build off of, so he'd speak a number of languages. There's a good amount of foreign words on the ship?

Background wise, I was thinking he's a failed seminarian (past profession: clergy), so that would also perhaps be a hook to get him involved? ("Really, a bunch of fuckin' Satanists? Hey, you using to be a priest or something, right?" "Not exactly, boss...")

Now we're cooking!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
I was thinking of apping with a Interpol agent. As it seems like the crew are of mixed EU backgrounds, and the boat was probably working for an energy company based in an EU nation, there'd probably be at least 3 or 4 governments wanting answers and investigations. Now, Interropol doesn't technically have powers of arrest or investigation, but their primary concern is to facilitate relations between police forces of different nations (though their agents are armed and trained officers). If there's a bunch of governments all wanting answers, it's make sense for them to request an agent get sent to give answers.

Name: John Samuels

Appearance: John is average height, with a 6 foot frame filled out but not overweight. His black hair is regulation length, and he goes clean-shaven at all times. He has a disarming smile and firm handshake, and goes out of his way to make others feel at ease.

Personality: John is a British Interpol agent working out of the American field office in Boston as a link between US and EU law enforcement. He knows that "real" cops call him plastic, that his badge is just a piece of metal, and if he ever actually lays his hands on a perp the best he can do is shout "citizen's arrest". That doesn't bug him, however, because he gets a nice, cushy job flying all over the world to consult with police forces on every continent while they glare at him from behind desks. If asked, John would say he was a "people person", but then he'd apologise with a smile and say he hated that term. His file notes that he is "charming and perceptive, with above average scores in both field and written tests", and he has been flagged as one to watch for possible promotion in the future.

Something you dislike: John is disarmingly charming, but that hides an arrogant streak. He knows he's being lined up for a promotion, and that can make him cocky in private situations.

Something you admire: Despite his cockiness, John genuinely cares for others, and he will go out of his way to help victims and colleagues if he can.

pre:
Strength (STR) - 10      
Dexterity (DEX) - 13
Constitution (CON) - 11
Intelligence (INT) - 13
Power (POW) - 13
Charisma (CHA) - 15

Hit Points (HP): 12
Willpower Points (WP): 13
Sanity Points (SAN): 65

Alertness 50%
Bureaucracy 60%
Climb 50%
Computer Science 30%
Criminology 50%
Drive Auto 50%
Firearms 60%
First Aid 30%
Forensics 50%
Law 50%
Pathology 30%
Persuade 50%
Psychology 40%
Unarmed Combat 40%
Specialty: Linguist— French 40% Spannish 30%

Bonds: 2
Sarah - Wife
Jonah - Baby Son
http://orokos.com/roll/229089 - Attributes

ForeverBWFC fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 26, 2014

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
I'm interested. I'll try to write something up tonight or tomorrow if I can get some time after the kids are in bed. I was thinking FCC?

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 23, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ForeverBWFC posted:

I was thinking of apping with a Interpol agent. As it seems like the crew are of mixed EU backgrounds, and the boat was probably working for an energy company based in an EU nation, there'd probably be at least 3 or 4 governments wanting answers and investigations. Now, Interropol doesn't technically have powers of arrest or investigation, but their primary concern is to facilitate relations between police forces of different nations (though their agents are armed and trained officers). If there's a bunch of governments all wanting answers, it's make sense for them to request an agent get sent to give answers.

Interpol could work, and there are US offices.

shoplifter posted:

I'm interested. I'll try to write something up tonight or tomorrow if I can get some time after the kids are in bed. I was thinking FCC?

Interesting, what sort of authority does the FCC have? Or, rather, where do you see fitting into the investigation?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Don't they have some sort of jurisdiction over transcontinental cables? I'm making poo poo up here.

edit: just checked, they totally do. Clearly Tyco's landing license is in danger of being revoked if they can't get their poo poo together.

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 23, 2014

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

Elendil004 posted:

Interpol could work, and there are US offices.

Awesome. I was thinking of having him being sent by Europe, to liase back with Europol and the Governments involved. Put a rough character sheet in my original post.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

shoplifter posted:

Don't they have some sort of jurisdiction over transcontinental cables? I'm making poo poo up here.

Not really, at least, not like you think. They are more of a bunch of dudes at desks writing memos and assessing fines for swearing on the radio and poo poo.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Rest of the sheet to come, but here's some background.

quote:

"Father" Elliot March

“It still doesn’t seem right, Jack. You’re defrauding the department. You’re making me complicit in the fraud.”

“Listen, Father. I get it. You’re a stateside guy. A loving librarian. You sit in an office all day. You read pieces of paper. You type them into the computer. You print them out. You hand papers to other guys. You consider that intelligence work. I was embedded in Fallujah for six loving years. You’re goddamn right we’re going to ride this out until the project funding is closed. I'm gonna sit here in nice air conditioned Boston, get drunk, watch the Celtics play, and read the paper. And you're not going to tell anyone poo poo.”

“It’s--”

“Look, Father. You’re a young guy. You’re new to this. You don’t quite understand how things work on this side. You were a priest--”

“Almost.”

“Doesn’t matter. I get it. You’re a moral guy. You’re an upstanding member of the community. You have strong feelings and convictions. So do I. So do the rest of the guys here. And if you gently caress this up for us, I will personally loving bury you. They’ll find you floating in the harbor ten years from now, alright? This is the cushiest assignment I have ever gotten. No shooting, no hiding, no wondering when someone is going to stab me in the back -- present company apparently excluded. All I do is sit back and relax. You feel guilty? Go volunteer at a homeless shelter or something. I seriously don’t care. Me and the other guys will punch your time card. Telecommute or whatever is it you do with your laptop if you can’t stand to be around the office. Or you could learn to relax a little, okay? Loosen up?”

“It still doesn’t feel right.”

“Fine, fine. You really want something to do so bad? Got a wire in this morning. Thing about a foreign boat. All sorts of writing in blood on the walls. You speak Spanish?”

“Yeah.”

“Good. Go check it out. I’ll email you the details.”

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
This sounds really interesting. Would one of Tyco's corporate lawyers be an appropriate character? I'd assume they would be sending someone out to make sure that the company doesn't hold any liability for the death on their boat, and also to make sure that their corporate rights are being respected over the course of the investigation.

I won't be able to make a proper character sheet until Saturday due to work commitments, but I will definitely stat something up if the concept is good.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Maybe not Tyco's staff lawyer, but in a pinch they might reach out and put a local firm on retainer, that's not out of the question. Between that an a CIA librarian we'd pretty much lock down academics.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Name: ”Father” Elliot March

Appearance: Mousy light brown hair that’s always getting in front of his black framed glasses. His comfortable looking suit fits well, but the disconnect between it and his posture gives the impression of a kid playing dress up as secret agent. He’s in his late 20s.

History: March had intended to be a priest, and graduated from Harvard Divinity School with flying colours. Unfortunately, he experienced a catastrophic crisis of faith six months later that no amount of counseling from the Sulpicians was able to cure, and he left St. John’s Seminary before taking his orders. His interest in helping others was not lessened, however, as he remained a regular contributor to the local soup kitchen, job training, and other social programs that needed volunteers. He moved back to Washington an atheist, and lived with his parents while completing an online Masters in Library Science, hoping to find some quiet university to hide in, and ended up with the CIA instead, because they were the only ones hiring during the last gigantic financial crash and his parents were this close to kicking him out. That was five years ago, and he has since been transferred to Boston as part of an inter-agency counter-terrorism investigation following up on the Boston Marathon bombing.

Something you dislike: His lack of faith in others, and his distrust of things which are intangible.

Something you admire: His willingness to continue helping others despite losing the “reward” which he would be due.

pre:
Strength (STR) - 10      
Dexterity (DEX) - 12
Constitution (CON) - 10
Intelligence (INT) - 14
Power (POW) - 16
Charisma (CHA) - 11

Hit Points (HP): 10
Willpower Points (WP): 16
Sanity Points (SAN): 80

Profession: Intelligence Analyst 
Previous Profession: Clergy

Accounting 20%
Alertness 30%
Anthropology 50% 
Bureaucracy 50%
Computer Science 20%
Criminology 50%
Cryptography 50%
Firearms 20%
Foreign Language (Spanish) 50%
Foreign Language (Arabic) 50% 
Foreign Language (Italian) 50%
Foreign Language (Latin) 30%
History 70%
Persuade 40% 
Psychology 70%
Psychotherapy 50%

Bonds - 3
Alice Lutwidge, girlfriend
Erasmus Long, homeless shelter director
The Lucky Strikes, his bowling team
Attributes: http://orokos.com/roll/229114

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 24, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Awesome.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Karl "K-Bar" Barrick - Ex Special Forces (Retired)

Master Chief Chuck Barrick, of the US Navy is retired. Or was retired, depending on who you talk to. If you ask the Navy, he's been retired for 2 years, due to his advanced age. If you ask Chuck, he's still in his prime, and certainly still keeping up with his training. Training that served him well.

He joined the Navy when he turned 18, as the Vietnam war was starting to get heavy. Quickly rushed through boot, he was assigned a Patrol Boat in the waters of Vietnam, where one day his boat was hit and he, the only survivor, was washed ashore. On an enemy beach. With no support, no backup, and no weapons. After killing an unprecedented 50 Viet Kong with what he was able to scrounge from the beach, he was returned to the States and Fast Tracked into BUD/S, the SEAL training program.

After the War was over, Chuck stayed in, being promoted constantly through the ranks, and eventually ending up as the Master Chief in charge of Instruction at BUD/S. Beside some brief tours inn various places like Panama, Bulgaria, Desert Storm, and Iraqi Freedom, he's trained young SEALs until he was RIFFed for his advanced age just 2 years ago.

Since then, he rejected any offer the Private Military Companies made him regarding training, opting instead to live his quiet life in the Massachusetts country, where his ex wife and her new husband settled with his kids. Now he runs a fishing charter during the summer months, and trains local SWAT teams how to clear buildings during the winter.

pre:
Name: Karl "K-Bar" Barrick
Profession: Special Forces (Retired)
Education or Previous Profession : Sailor
Age and DOB: 62 years old, born on 4/1/1952

Strength (STR) - 10
Dexterity (DEX) - 16
Constitution (CON) - 12
Intelligence (INT) - 16
Power (POW) - 13
Charisma (CHA) - 5

Hit Points (HP): 11
Willpower Points (WP): 13
Sanity Points (SAN): 65

Profession: Special Forces
Previous Profession: Sailor

Alertness 80%
Climb 40%
Craft (Mechanic) 30%
Demolitions 40%
Firearms 50%
First Aid 60%
Heavy Weapons 40%
Melee Weapons 40%
Navigation 70%
Pilot (Small Boats) 80%
Stealth 50%
Survival 50%
Swim 40%
Tactics 50%
Throw 40%
Unarmed Combat 40%

Bonds - 1
Admiral Henry Lake, Commander USSOCOM

quote:

Appearance and Personality: Thin, tall, with short cropped brown hair. Quiet and reserved, he has obvious strength that has faded as he's gotten older. But you can tell he's ready for action, even when he's relaxing.
Something likable: You can tell Chuck has much experience being in sticky situations. The way he carries himself, and acts is like he was in the military all those years ago.
Something unpleasant: Chuck is not a fan of this new generation. He prefers the older ways, and strength above all else. He's very old fashioned.
Why does Delta Green ask for your help?: Chuck participated in 'nam for 10 years, being alone and in the jungle, surrounded by the enemy. He then took that knowledge and trained the next generation of Special Forces soldiers, before retiring to Boston.
Why do you agree to help Delta Green?: Because they asked. Nicely too.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 26, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Name: Alyssa Buffalohead

Appearance: Tall and striking, although not conventionally attractive. Straight black hair cut to a few inches below the shoulders, and often kept back in a low ponytail. Tan skin, very dark brown eyes. Mid to late 30s. Wears a suit jacket and pencil skirt most of the time, walks like she thinks she's bulletproof. Her basic expression is serious, but she smiles often.

History: Alyssa grew up in Fargo, ND, and spent most of her time trying to get the hell out. Her mother died when she was seven, and her father, an investment banker, had a tendency to work long hours that continued even after he became the sole caretaker in the household. Alyssa was left mostly on her own for much of the time, and so she focused on schoolwork and athletics. She was accepted to the University of Pennsylvania, played for the women's basketball team, and graduated with honors and a B.A. in Political Science. She became very close with her teammates--while she was popular in high school, she never felt like she had any 'real' friends. Even though the team wasn't, frankly, very good, it was the closest she'd ever been to her peers.

After college, she studied corporate law at the University of Chicago. She was hired as a junior associate at Stephens and Mackelroy shortly after graduation, and has been slowly climbing the ladder ever since. She has a reputation for reliability, honesty, and a good knowledge of the field, and has a pretty good relationship with the rest of the associates, as well as her bosses. Her relationship with her father has also greatly improved, now that they don't have to deal with each other every day and can instead interact as something more like equals. They tend to call or email at least once per week.

Something you dislike: She has difficulty putting herself in someone else's shoes, especially if the other person's background is significantly different from her own. She is also a strict constitutional originalist and textualist, regarding anything else as unconscionable judicial activism.

Something you admire: Once she decides something is morally or ethically right, she will defend it to the absolute ends of the earth, even if it would harm her or her reputation.

pre:
Strength (STR) -  10
Dexterity (DEX) - 12
Constitution (CON) - 11
Intelligence (INT) - 17
Power (POW) - 15
Charisma (CHA) - 17

Willpower Points (WP): 15
Sanity Points (SAN): 75

Profession: Lawyer
Previous Profession: Athlete (college basketball)

Accounting: 60%
Alertness: 50%
Bureaucracy: 70%
Computer Science: 60%
Dodge: 50%
Firearms: 30%
History: 60%
Law: 70%
Persuade: 70%
Psychology: 50%
Swim: 50%
Throw: 40%

Bonds - 4
Joseph Buffalohead, father
Boston Lawyer's Chapter of the Federalist Society
Stephens and Mackelroy, corporate law firm (employer)
University of Pennsylvania women's basketball teammates
Attributes: http://orokos.com/roll/229221
Let me know if I've done any of the skills wrong, or if I need to change anything about her background--I think I added everything up correctly, but a double-check never hurts.

Pinechild fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 31, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Great submissions so far, MustacheRide you have a few story tweaks we talked about in IRC.

What we kind of need now (and usually DG games are chalk full of this type and not the excellent characters we have so far) is someone with a solid jurisdiction to be there in the first place. Easy picks are State Police detective, FBI is a good one (though interpol is a solid crossover). Less well known but good choices could also be NTSB, U.S. Customs and Border Protection/U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations, US Marshalls, etc.

ForeverBWFC, can you tweak your background to be working out of a boston field office? Interpol has agents in the US, but this team is assembled rapidly, so no time to fly over from Lyon.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

Great submissions so far, ForeverBWFC, can you tweak your background to be working out of a boston field office? Interpol has agents in the US, but this team is assembled rapidly, so no time to fly over from Lyon.

Sure, will do it now.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Elendil004 posted:

Great submissions so far, MustacheRide you have a few story tweaks we talked about in IRC.

Fixed. Let me know if that's enough

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I have never played Delta Green, but it definitely sounds like it could be fun and modern supernatural investigations are 100% up my alley. And it's not often you get the chance to app a statie. I'll try to put something together by tomorrow night, though Wednesday night might be more likely with the busy week I've got.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Name: Victor Saneza

Former Occupation: US Navy Explosive Ordinance Disposal Technician

Appearance:Average height with a thin but fit build. His skin is closer to olive than black but his features are distinctly Caribbean.

History: Growing up poor in Jamaica Plain wasn't the best life but it certainly wasn't the worst. Victor's father worked as an electrician and kept the rent paid and food on the table, and the Dominican community in JP rivaled the Southie Irish for mutual support. Victor was a sharp boy with superb grades, but prospects were still few for those that couldn't afford college so Victor did like many before him and, when he turned 18, he enlisted. With his knack for electronics he found ready acceptance in the Navy's EOD program and spent his military career clearing make-shift mines, pirate-built IEDs and disarming the occasional old WWI ordnance off the coast of Hawaii.

When he returned to Boston, some friends from the Navy had recommended he join the State Police. His veteran status served as an excellent door opener and as an experienced diver he was a perfect fit for the Statie's harbor and maritime operations. He is still close with his family, but as a State Police now he regrets having to keep some of his childhood friends at arm's length.

Something you dislike: Victor is not the friendliest person and, while he keeps it professional, he despises the rich and privileged and it will boil over into open hostility if he's not careful.

Something you admire: Having disposed of bombs for a living, Victor is always ready for the worst case scenario and always volunteers so others won't have to. It may still scare him shitless, but if someone has to go into the derelict sub and find an unexploded torpedo, he is the first with his hand up.

pre:
STR - 13
CON - 11
DEX - 14
INT - 14
POW - 11
CHA - 8

Alertness - 50%
Bureaucracy - 30%
Climb - 30%
Criminology - 40%
Demolitions - 60%
Dodge - 20%
Drive Auto - 50%
Firearms - 70%
First Aid - 40%
Forensics - 30%
Law - 30%
Melee Weapons - 30%
Navigate - 40%
Persuade - 40%
Psychology - 40%
SCUBA - 50%
Unarmed Combat - 50%

Bonds - 3

Marta Saneza - Mother
Sean McCullen - Partner
Los Perros Salvajes - Amateur Soccer Team

Attributes: Point Buy

Cargo Culture
Jul 29, 2011

Warning! I am a die-hard Firefly fan, a man-child crybaby with a poorly-rooted decade-long persecution complex.

FOX PLS LET FIREFLY SOAR AGAIN!!!!!!

P.S. ily Joss <3
Name: Scott Oliviera

Background: Scott Oliviera was a rising star in the NTSB until one bad decision involving the DEA and the crashed plane of some Cambodian drug smugglers flying up out of Venezuela meant he was reassigned to the Office of Marine Safety - the kiss of death for any chance of promotion. Oliviera is generally a straight shooter and wants to do his job quickly and with no trouble, but doesn't have time for people who try to get in the way of an investigation. He's also smart enough to be dangerous but not smart enough to get himself out of trouble. Which, really, is why he's on the boats in the first place.

The loving boats, man. Oliviera doesn't even like boats. They make him feel sick.

pre:
Strength (STR) - 11      
Dexterity (DEX) - 10
Constitution (CON) - 11
Intelligence (INT) - 17
Power (POW) - 14
Charisma (CHA) - 11

Willpower Points (WP): 14
Sanity Points (SAN): 70

Anthropology 20%
Alertness 50%
Bureaucracy 40%
Criminology 50%
Drive Auto 40%
Firearms 40%
First Aid 30%
Foreign Language (Portuguese) 20%
Forensics 50%
History 20%
Law 40%
Persuade 70%
Pharmacy 40%
Psychology 60%
Unarmed Combat 40%

Bonds: 3
Wife and Kids (Mary, 34, Miles, 11, Sally, 7)
The office
Brother (Mike, 27)
(elendil, you know how this guy flies otherwise)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ok one more day for any last minute submissions.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Investigative Team
Elliot March, CIA Librarian, played by Spoilers Below
Karl Barrick, Retired(ish), played by Mustache Ride
Victor Saneza, MA State Police Officer, played by Not Keyser Soze
Scott Olivera, NTSB Investigator, played by Cargo Culture
John Samuels, Interpol Agent, played by ForeverBWFC
Alyssa Buffalohead, Attorney, played by Pinechild
I took 6 because leaving just one out felt lovely. First post will be up soon. Use this thread for OOC discussion.

Pinechild what’s an appropriate e-mail for you, since you don’t have PMs if I need to pass a note to you. (You should just get plat though for reals)

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 1, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Thread up
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677967

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
gently caress it, I bought plat. Given the amount of games I play on here it'll probably be worth it. Sorry about that, I'm a cheapass. Excited to start, though!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

"Pinechild has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." maybe it takes some time to go through? Drop me a PM, see if it works.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

MustacheRide made this post a while back, and I am 100% onboard with it, especailly when it comes to play by posting:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=433772930

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
I'd like to use Demolitions for a quick assessment of the exterior damage. Would that require a roll and/or yield anything other than "yup, blew up all right"?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Not Keyser Soze posted:

I'd like to use Demolitions for a quick assessment of the exterior damage. Would that require a roll and/or yield anything other than "yup, blew up all right"?

You can make an educated guess now, but when you get onto the boat and can get up close and personal you can do a roll then.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Spoilers Below, are you just assuming the deckhand is spanish because that's racist but I love it.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

Spoilers Below, are you just assuming the deckhand is spanish because that's racist but I love it.

We have 2 Spanish speaking characters, so it'd be pretty cool actually. Plus that'd make one more country riding my rear end from Europe.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

Nah, not assuming, but Spanish is a pretty typical lingua franca for sailors, from what I understand.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Spoilers Below posted:

Nah, not assuming, but Spanish is a pretty typical lingua franca for sailors, from what I understand.

It's ok, that is a little out of order anyways, now there's a deckhand but he's greek. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

It's ok, that is a little out of order anyways, now there's a deckhand but he's greek. :)

Very cool, very cool.

Racism is totally a core element of Lovecraft's stories, but it'd be totally out of character for my PC. Probably his old social work habits kicking in :v:

• Locked thread