Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

it starred timothy dalton as the titular character and it had both great practical effects and great villains (joe don baker played an arms dealer and some stoic german dude was the muscle).

the opening music was by a-ha when they were big. it holds up as a really good song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXM4eIoPZUU

if you're a young person and you grew up on that pierce brosnan guy in goldeneye or daniel "i'm mother loving stoic" craig, i'm sorry but you missed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

The Human Crouton posted:

It was pretty awesome. It had cello races and trucks falling out of airplanes. I don't know why the Dalton movies are so looked down upon.

the soviet airfield/mujahidin raid and subsequent homage in the Uncharted series...

it was right on the border of when productions would spring for practical effects like the scenes with the cello and the harrier RAF jet.

timothy dalton made 2 really good movies and poo poo went way downhill after that.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Dalax posted:

Op is true. It also had the best fight scene because it was also one of the best stunts, not only in a Bond film, but any film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17SP5sAM5do

None of your green screen bollocks going on there my friends. Those stunt dudes really were hanging out the arse of a C-130.

Props also to the milk bottle fight scene, because it at least showed agents other than Bond being halfway competent for a change.

seriously this some awesome poo poo and they literally won't make these kind of scenes anymore because of cost and insurance.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Idiot Kicker posted:

That A-Ha song is, without a hint of irony, pretty good

seriously it is

• Locked thread