Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Holy gently caress that punt return

It's about time to wrap it up, Bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penisclaw
Jun 17, 2003

Quack Quack!
Dat return!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

penisclaw posted:

Dat return!

I hope you enjoy your ill gotten 7 points.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anne frank fanfic posted:

there were 3 calls in the past few minutes that were iffy at best that went against cal, just like this soon to be call (forward pass was ruled a fumble, a 4th down conversion on a run was tough to tell, and this catch just now was considered incomplete despite getting the first down)

Yeah refs kind of hosed Cal last game so I'm glad they're being consistent.

I don't get it, Bears suck, they don't need any help to lose.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Every single oregon fan that isn't an asian girl looks like an rear end in a top hat

penisclaw
Jun 17, 2003

Quack Quack!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I hope you enjoy your ill gotten 7 points.

Cry me a river. By the end of the game those 7 points will be a drop in the bucket.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Every single Oregon fan is an rear end in a top hat

penisclaw
Jun 17, 2003

Quack Quack!

Raku posted:

Every single college football fan is an rear end in a top hat

fixed

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
God drat that return owned. Some patient running.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

penisclaw posted:

Cry me a river. By the end of the game those 7 points will be a drop in the bucket.

Not an oregon or cal fan, but you would have to be dense to think that this season oregon hasn't gotten a poo poo ton of lucky calls their way. They should have lost to Wazzu so Wheez could drink all your tears.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

You're right. I can't come up with a college fanbase that isn't largely douchebags. It just makes it more fun when those other teams get beat.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

oregon player with no helmet throwing punches, no flags :rolleyes:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cal's QB and receiver corps are pretty good.

Too bad the O-line is made out of tissue paper.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Not an oregon or cal fan, but you would have to be dense to think that this season oregon hasn't gotten a poo poo ton of lucky calls their way. They should have lost to Wazzu so Wheez could drink all your tears.

That game was full of terrible calls both ways, fwiw.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
What frustrates me about Oregon is that every time you see someone play them they've got their safeties like 20 feet back from every receiver and Mariotta gets to make passes a stephen hawking would complete and get fellated for it. Like how about you actually play close coverage and then go get Marriota through that kleenex offensive line of his, dipshits. This is why they have meltdowns against physical teams.

also gently caress yeah bears touchdown

penisclaw
Jun 17, 2003

Quack Quack!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Serious question. What makes it a "lucky call" when something goes one way or another? The refs make a call based on what they see on the field, and the replay officials confirm or overturn that call as needed. These are officials who do this as a job. What makes the opinion of a bunch of homers on the internet who see a limited, selected view of the play and aren't a part of the discussion more correct than the refs? Not saying that the officials are always right, but people here are always upset when a call goes in favor of a higher ranked team because you all want to see chaos in the rankings.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So. Football is happening?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Uhh ohhhh

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Going back to the Wazzu game, literally hugging a receiver the entire time a pass was in the air for a critical down while Wazzu was icing Oregon up the field. As in a total hug. No way not to see it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

:getin: mothafuckas

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Wooooo

penisclaw
Jun 17, 2003

Quack Quack!
I'd argue that his knees were down before the ball came loose, but that's what the officials are for.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

penisclaw posted:

I'd argue that his knees were down before the ball came loose, but that's what the officials are for.

Not even close.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Go for it

e: yes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The ducks got quacked

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think my stream is behind so reading this thread is a bad idea

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
drat nice leap :D

Edit: but I hope he doesn't do that again. Jahvid Best :zombie:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

i think my stream is behind so reading this thread is a bad idea

Mine too.

poo poo that touchdown owned.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Holy hooters

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
End result of this game if Cal wins: Oregon drops to number 7, Cal gets ranked number 13 and we hear nothing but arguments that a 2 or 3 loss pac 12 team should get in before a one loss sec west team

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i go to cal and the student tickets were like 30 bucks

i could be there but i decided against it because i wanted to watch WS game 3 on tv and i was 100% sure we would get blown out

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Things Cal needs to learn how to do:
1) cover people
2) tackle

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

against ucla dykes called onside kicks like every kickoff

why is he still doing it

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

i go to cal and the student tickets were like 30 bucks

i could be there but i decided against it because i wanted to watch WS game 3 on tv and i was 100% sure we would get blown out

pretty sure staying home is always the wrong option

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

The WS thing didn't work out for him either.

:unsmith:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

not if the team you are rooting for is the lovely loving cal bears

Grittybeard posted:

The WS thing didn't work out for him either.

:unsmith:

rooting for the royals :getin: AL supremacy

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Raku posted:

Things Cal needs to learn how to do:
1) cover people
2) tackle

3) play even a hint of defense

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012