Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Fenrir posted:

Hell, I remember in a game in 10th grade, I was THROWN the gently caress out of bounds by that big ugly fucker they had at SS at PB Dollarway. Dude was too loving fast for how big he was. If it wasn't for him I'd have had a TD on that play. I'd gotten to the sideline and I didn't even loving see him coming. Suddenly my 175 pound body is flying into the bench and hit it head first. This was 1993 and I don't remember anything that happened between that hit and when I went back in to play in the 4th quarter. I didn't even remember it the next day. It happened in the 2nd quarter and I don't think there's any time that I remembered what happened or what Coach G. or Coach S. said during halftime. I sat out for about 18 minutes of game time plus halftime then went back in because we were down by 10. We still lost.

I'm really glad football is paying at least some sort of attention to this kind of poo poo now because I know for drat sure we didn't 20 years ago. My brain was a mess after that play and it wasn't even the only time.

Bit of writing critique here, you use the personal pronoun way too much (ideal should be zero times) and Raymond Carver is rolling over in his grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

This but unironically.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Fenrir posted:

Hell, I remember in a game in 10th grade, I was THROWN the gently caress out of bounds by that big ugly fucker they had at SS at PB Dollarway. Dude was too loving fast for how big he was. If it wasn't for him I'd have had a TD on that play. I'd gotten to the sideline and I didn't even loving see him coming. Suddenly my 175 pound body is flying into the bench and hit it head first. This was 1993 and I don't remember anything that happened between that hit and when I went back in to play in the 4th quarter. I didn't even remember it the next day. It happened in the 2nd quarter and I don't think there's any time that I remembered what happened or what Coach G. or Coach S. said during halftime. I sat out for about 18 minutes of game time plus halftime then went back in because we were down by 10. We still lost.

I'm really glad football is paying at least some sort of attention to this kind of poo poo now because I know for drat sure we didn't 20 years ago. My brain was a mess after that play and it wasn't even the only time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p30QHbD8018

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
One time when I playing flag football, I juked a bunch of fools and scored a touchdown.
It was rad.
I'm rad.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Alright lets make a thread listing everyone who played football in high school and we can figure out whose opinions on football are legit or not

I protected my QBs blind side :smug:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

one time in pop warner i was on the line on the punt return team and off the snap for some reason got quadrupled teamed and blown the gently caress up by four fat gently caress 10 year olds

we blocked the punt and scored a td (because 4 dudes decided to block me, you see) and my entire team was celebrating in the end zone, except me.

i dont even get it i was a really really lovely defensive lineman but then i switched to RG and was good and played a little in hs. that's my football story.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I played basketball in middle school. And sprained my ankle.

In my therefore informed opinion, concussions are bad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

One time I was loving around before a game of pickup basketball and threw a football through the hoop

:v:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

My older brother played O-line and when some ghetto white kid took money from me and punched me, my brother and the rest of the starting O line kicked his rear end and got my money back. I was a dork back then but then I found Something Awful and learned to be cool and confident, plus my katana keeps enemies at bay.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Intruder posted:

One time I was loving around before a game of pickup basketball and threw a football through the hoop

:v:

Did you gently caress around and get a triple double. Man, that would be a good day

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

blue squares posted:

My older brother played O-line and when some ghetto white kid took money from me and punched me, my brother and the rest of the starting O line kicked his rear end and got my money back. I was a dork back then but then I found Something Awful and learned to be cool and confident, plus my katana keeps enemies at bay.

same

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

blue squares posted:

Did you gently caress around and get a triple double. Man, that would be a good day

You make me want to use my AK.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I was on the D-line for my fifth grade team. I was also less than seventy pounds. I didn't want to end up on my rear end every play so I scooted over and I ran around the O-linemen. I officially registered three (3) tackles and more than a few QB rushes, though, so that was braggable!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I'm worried about Wheez

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I wrestled in high school.

Then I graduated high school, gained 20 lbs, and became a person of normal weight for my height.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Petite Dinklage posted:

I'm worried about Wheez

Sounds like an average Saturday night for him to me.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Petite Dinklage posted:

I'm worried about Wheez

Couglyfe.txt :respek: :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Petite Dinklage posted:

I'm worried about Wheez

Cougin it

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Petite Dinklage posted:

I'm worried about Wheez

I feel like texting Wheez is amazing

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Chichevache, he bequeathed you his first edition copy of Leather Daddies

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Petite Dinklage posted:

I'm worried about Wheez

I mean, Wazzu really didn't have that much of a chance against the Wildcats.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Chichevache, he bequeathed you his first edition copy of Leather Daddies

Oh wow! His whole collection of Hindu fetish magazines. :allears:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What do I get?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

swickles posted:

What do I get?

dick

literally

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I was at the urgent care center today and a HS football player came in with a broken arm, followed by someone from the other team with a broken collar bone, and then a cheerleader came in with a hosed up ankle.

Football. Not even once.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
They all had stingers actually

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It's not a concussion until there's a fencing response.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"concussion" is shorthand for "pussy" imo, leach had the right idea

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

football fuckerman posted:

They all had stingers actually

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

did you really spend time making this

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ken Hamlin was loving amazing til he got beat nearly to death with a stop sign

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You forgot this stinger

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Intruder posted:

You forgot this stinger

You bastard

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Tremendous Taste posted:

did you really spend time making this

Sorry but that picture owns

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Sorry but that picture owns

It is also not that complicated a picture so I doubt Swickles had to spend time making it.

It does indeed own, however.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Mike Smith is so fired

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Lions get a delay of game penalty with 4 seconds left. Isn't there some kind of 10 second run off?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
First the saints game now this. I love being on the good side of bullshit.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That WR screen on 3rd and 10 in a run out the clock/kick field goal scenario was an absolutely criminal call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All my friend could say after that London win was "This is the stupidest loving team in the history of the NFL."

It would be appropriate for either team.

• Locked thread