Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
It's really good. I'm only on episode three, but it's been great so far. My only real complaint is the goofy detective music. Other than that it's suitably weird for my taste.

I'm really looking forward to finding out if my guess about who the killer is winds up being correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Twin peaks is when two erect dudes lie down side by side.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Crow_Rodeo posted:

It's really good. I'm only on episode three, but it's been great so far. My only real complaint is the goofy detective music. Other than that it's suitably weird for my taste.

I'm really looking forward to finding out if my guess about who the killer is winds up being correct.

Yeah season 2 you're gonna feel really bummed.

Whats your guess? I won't say right or wrong I'm just curious.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I watched a 100% run of Deadly Premonition so I figure that's basically the same thing, right?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
:angel: <3 James <3 :angel:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Al Borland posted:

Yeah season 2 you're gonna feel really bummed.

Whats your guess? I won't say right or wrong I'm just curious.

Well, it seems to be screaming Leo Johnson to me, but it's almost too obvious, and Lynch loves intentional red herrings. I think it's the younger brother of the hotel owner, the snide little poo poo with glasses who comes home from Paris in the third episode.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
It stays pretty good through season one and then continues at a diminished stature but with some high points in season 2.

drat good coffee. And HOTTT!

Action Yak Police posted:

I watched a 100% run of Deadly Premonition so I figure that's basically the same thing, right?

Not exactly. Close. Another scenic psychological horror thing with REALLY loving GOOD COFFEE though.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
James is a foofy poofter who sings crap songs.

Cooper is the only male in that show that deserves any admiration.

All of the women are pretty awesome.

naem
May 29, 2011

What is with the obsession with this show from 1991 lol

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Rajjoble posted:

James is a foofy poofter who sings crap songs.

Cooper is the only male in that show that deserves any admiration.

All of the women are pretty awesome.

You just don't understand him. His pain makes him deep.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

Action Yak Police posted:

DP has a neat twist and the otherworldyness has a different flavor, both are good.

Anyone know if lynch is aware of DP? :ccb:

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Season Two was basically unrivaled in audience disappointment until Lost came along.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

naem posted:

What is with the obsession with this show from 1991 lol

its got a creepy whimsical tone to it that's never been mimicked by another show. pretty much same story as the xfiles.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I love Agent Cooper and want to be him but drat if he isn't a huge moron for not banging the poo poo out of Audrey

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

E1M1 posted:

I love Agent Cooper and want to be him but drat if he isn't a huge moron for not banging the poo poo out of Audrey

Yeah, he sure is a huge moron for not committing statutory rape.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Season Two was basically unrivaled in audience disappointment until Lost came along.

I just don't understand how a show could go to crap so quickly

I mean, come the gently caress on, you reveal who the killer is, the entire loving purpose of the show, in the middle of the second season? Why then? Why not 1st season finale or 2nd season finale? It's just so anticlimactic and painful, and then the series keeps trudging on without much purpose until it's put out of its misery.

You do get to see David Duchovny in a dress, though. Gotta say he pulls it off really loving well.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

E1M1 posted:

It always bums me out. The biggest missed romance in TV history.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Cantorsdust posted:

I just don't understand how a show could go to crap so quickly

I mean, come the gently caress on, you reveal who the killer is, the entire loving purpose of the show, in the middle of the second season? Why then? Why not 1st season finale or 2nd season finale? It's just so anticlimactic and painful, and then the series keeps trudging on without much purpose until it's put out of its misery.

You do get to see David Duchovny in a dress, though. Gotta say he pulls it off really loving well.

The network forced David Lynch to do it so he did and peaced out.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Season Two was basically unrivaled in disappointment until Lost came along.

Oh no. I was disappointed with LOST in the first season, then I saw like a season six or seven episode, the one where the weirdo from that show with Jesus Caviezel admitted to killing all the Darpa(?) project people in the 60's and it was one of the most overly acted, terribad scenes in any TV show ever.

ANYWAY... the second season hating concerns me. How's the movie? Required? Worth it?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cymp70Jn1UE

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Leroy Dennui posted:

Yeah, he sure is a huge moron for not committing statutory rape.

She's 18 in the series and was portrayed by a 25 year old so I don't feel creepy saying that she was hot as hell

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Oh no. I was disappointed with LOST in the first season, then I saw like a season six or seven episode, the one where the weirdo from that show with Jesus Caviezel admitted to killing all the Darpa(?) project people in the 60's and it was one of the most overly acted, terribad scenes in any TV show ever.

ANYWAY... the second season hating concerns me. How's the movie? Required? Worth it?

Theres a thread in TV/IV go there

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Alan Wake was a cool video game, more fun than Twin Peaks even tho it ripped it off somewhat

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

E1M1 posted:

She's 18 in the series and was portrayed by a 25 year old so I don't feel creepy saying that she was hot as hell

She was 17 in the series. But I stand by they would have made the best couple in TV. It's not like he was taking advantage of her. He was Agent Cooper.

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
Ijust wanted to see that cock go into that pussy.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Well, it seems to be screaming Leo Johnson to me, but it's almost too obvious, and Lynch loves intentional red herrings. I think it's the younger brother of the hotel owner, the snide little poo poo with glasses who comes home from Paris in the third episode.

that dude knows his sandwiches though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6N-YmGuiGw

Enjoy the first season!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat good show. Hot girls too!

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s
Darn fine indeed Cookie Monster, darn fine.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Laura was killed by her dad who was possessed by BOB

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
HEY COOP

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I tried watching. Booooooring.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
I forget do we ever find out if Diane is real or if Cooper is just insane

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
I'm concerned with the Tibetan plight

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
You don't want to know who the killer is because that part is kind of dumb and lame. But everything before that is good.

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
two gifs of dudes and no sexy twin peaks ladies yet?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Twin peaks is when two erect dudes lie down side by side.

Incorrect, Thats just two dudes with boners. Twin Peaks is when put a sheet over them so it looks like two mountains side by side. Bonus points if there is like 10 dudes with boners under the sheet so it looks like a loving mountain range.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Incorrect, Thats just two dudes with boners. Twin Peaks is when put a sheet over them so it looks like two mountains side by side. Bonus points if there is like 10 dudes with boners under the sheet so it looks like a loving mountain range.

The Himagayas

naem
May 29, 2011

mookface posted:

drat good show. Hot girls too!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

season two isn't that bad except for the james stuff and the finale owns. windom earle gets a bad rap but imo it's undserved. the movie is good, too.

sequel is either gonna be the best or the worst thing ever. bunch of the cast is dead, too. poor jack nance. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
real good coffee mate

• Locked thread