Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Jehde posted:

Finished watching the movie. No wonder it made no sense when I initially watched it, it completely depends on you having seen the show. It makes a fair bit of sense with the knowledge of the show, especially if you got the gist of the whole black lodge/doppelgangers thing. Also it's 100% weird Lynch poo poo and 0% soap satire so it doesn't quite scratch the same itch as the show did, still good for what it was though. The one dumb question I do have: I forget, was Donna oblivious to Laura's double life in the series?
There's a fan-edit going around that adds in the hour and a half of deleted scenes according to the shooting script. It adds a little bit more humor and variety to the movie, so it's not just one depressing dark thing after another. It's also nice to see appearances by Pete, Truman, Lucy, Nadine etc. It just didn't feel like Twin Peaks without seeing them, even briefly.

A funny note about a scene toward the beginning - the "Where's my goddamn hot water?!" lady at the trailer park (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KKSsq5SGwQ) was just some woman Lynch and assistant director saw on the way to the set. They saw her walking on the street and Lynch made them pull over and get her information, and she was just on the set the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLNQPPvncek

Make sure you take a sufficient amount of drugs before pressing play

• Locked thread