Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
instant ramen added some ponzu and squeezed lime don't have any green onions to cut up :( what do you put in your ramen gbs, something other than sriracha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chajusong
Oct 18, 2002
i put my own cum in ramen, op. my very own ejaculate.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
An egg.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Drain. Butter, 1/3-1/2 chicken spice packet, yellow curry, onion powder, Cajun seasoning, occasionally a dash of taco seasoning.

I just combined random spices until I found something I liked.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

And vodka.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Arri posted:

instant ramen added some ponzu and squeezed lime don't have any green onions to cut up :( what do you put in your ramen gbs, something other than sriracha

Gotta sprinkle some salt in there.

naem
May 29, 2011

For some reason I went to grad school and Raman with tuna fish was a staple.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

naem posted:

That sounds p. good.

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp

with a runny yolk? that sounds good

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
gonna have to try that cum thing

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
ill usually brine a noodle packet overnight then sousvide the flavour parcel in a consomme of my own bodily fluids, mostly tears mixed with old nail clippings.

Then i beer batter everything and deep fry it.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

If you're eating instant ramen in the intended way (just water + included spices) you need to step up your loving game.

V Not if you do it right. Unless you just hate noodles in general like a loving weirdo. V

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
ramen loving sucks. hth

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Congramentulations

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

naem posted:

like from a can? just dumped in the broth or something?

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
Char siu style pork belly, soy-soaked soft boiled egg, scallion, maybe some shredded pork shoulder and togaroshi powder. If I haven't made a batch of tare recently I'll use a splash of bacon grease and usukuchi soy to fake it.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

Arri posted:

with a runny yolk? that sounds good

Yeah. I dump it in with the noodles and its pretty good. Add some soy sauce and it kind of tastes like soggy fried rice.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I add the spice and vegetable packets, marmite, habanero sauce, and sometimes decarbed weed to paldo kko kko myun noodles, which are apparently chicken-jalapeno flavored, but I can't taste any jalapeno in there.

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp

Cuniculous posted:

Yeah. I dump it in with the noodles and its pretty good. Add some soy sauce and it kind of tastes like soggy fried rice.

i've started adding a runny yolk to my fried rice so this sounds quite nice ty

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I didn't eat dinner so I think I'm going to have some ramen right goddamn now.

naem
May 29, 2011

David Copperfield posted:

like from a can? just dumped in the broth or something?

Yes if you have a spicy ramen you already like that is seafood-y or whatever the tuna is a good affordable budget protein. Various other flavorful things can help, especially if you are living on student loans etc. like lemon juice or an egg, "hot sauce" also p good

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Update: This ramen is pretty tasty.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i make chicken ramen according to packet then drop an egg into it and let it poach for a minute, then stir it up real quick and boom egg drop with noodles bitch, add some pepper

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Recently tried a can of sardines in tomato sauce (in honor of the sardine thread), plus a handful of spinach. I was delicious.

Also cut up leftover meat from whatever we had the night before. Barbecue chicken, pork chops, salmon, it's all good.

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
i'm too fat to have leftovers

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
ramen is good. if you have an asian market, they sometimes sell fresh packages of ramen for like $1 or so. definitely worth it and much better than some dried ramen stuff.

if you have a trader joes, i like this miso broth to put noodles in though any real broth will work for something other than just boiled water.

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp

Xaris posted:

ramen is good. if you have an asian market, they sometimes sell fresh packages of ramen for like $1 or so. definitely worth it and much better than some dried ramen stuff.

if you have a trader joes, i like this miso broth to put noodles in though any real broth will work for something other than just boiled water.

we just recently had a huge asian supermarket open near us and it is probably the best thing to happen to me this year

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
eating some delicious chili ramen right now. Plain is fine, add some peas and/or corn if you want to pretend to be healthy. Otherwise throw some Tapatio in this mother if you want some fiery poops later

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Arri posted:

we just recently had a huge asian supermarket open near us and it is probably the best thing to happen to me this year

that's good, check out their refrigerated section to see if you can snag cheap fresh ramen noodles. you can never go back to dried ramen packets/cups again

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes
usually just lime and green onions and sriracha obviously but what else is good to put on it guys?

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I was disappointed when Maruchan discontinued curry chicken until I realized I could just put curry in my regular chicken ramen.

V My mom tried to make egg drop soup once but the recipe didn't have any chicken broth in it and it was loving gross, just hot egg water. V

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 24, 2014

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IJP0nwwd0A

this is helpful.

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp

Xaris posted:

that's good, check out their refrigerated section to see if you can snag cheap fresh ramen noodles. you can never go back to dried ramen packets/cups again

yeah they have a really huge section of fresh noodles and we buy a bunch of different types whenever we go.

i don't crunch my ramen noodles up in the package before i cook them but i hear some people do that

what say you goons

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
ramen? are you guys loving children? i just had three filets and two lobsters with the money i make from my JOB as a reasonable ADULT

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp

Iron Prince posted:

ramen? are you guys loving children? i just had three filets and two lobsters with the money i make from my JOB as a reasonable ADULT

i have a lot of fish but it's frozen and I was feeling lazy :confused:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
use your fridge to loving thaw it, rear end in a top hat

edit: or fill your sink with hot water and just put it in there for a while

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

Just microwave it for a minuet or two.

naem
May 29, 2011

Iron Prince posted:

Lol if you don't still eat college food regularly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
my microwave broke like a year ago

what is this class warfare

• Locked thread