Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
In the movie Home Alone, the whole McAllister family was about to leave for a Christmas Family Vacation in Paris. The night before they left, there were 15 people in the House sleeping under one roof. The Main McAllister family consisted of Peter & Kate McAllister the parents. Buzz the oldest, Megan the second oldest, then Jeff then Linnie & of course young Kevin. The others that were staying were Peter's brother Frank, his wife Leslie & of course their children Tracy, Sondra, Brooke & Fuller. Also were two of his other brother Rob's & his wife Georgette's children Heather who was going to college near where Frank lived & Rod who was finishing up high school in the USA. Rob & Georgette lived in Paris. The night before they left for Paris they all had differences but young Kevin was always getting picked on mostly by his own siblings. When Kevin asked what should I pack, Jeff teases him saying toilet paper & water. Linnie says he's incompetent. Plus Megan refuses to help him get a suitcase down from the closet. Buzz the oldest is the worst of all yelling at him a lot teasing him from time to time & calling him flemwad. The night before they left for Paris, they didn't want to go through the trouble of cooking something for 15 people, so they ordered pizza for everybody.

Kevin was anxiously waiting all evening for the pizza. He could hardly believe he was getting pizza for dinner. As soon as it was time to eat, he raced downstairs yelling pizza pizza & was anxiously waiting to sink his teeth into many pieces of pizza. Like alot of people, Kevin, didn't like pepperoni, sausage onions or olives or mushrooms or any kinds of toppings on pizza, he only liked plain cheese pizza. The Pizza Boy from the pizza palace did deliver ten medium size pizzas for a 15 member family. When Kevin was racing for his share of some pizza slices, he searched for just cheese pizza but all he could find was alot with all the toppings he hated. He asked did anybody order me a plain cheese pizza, & Buzz his mean older brother said we did but if you want all of it got eaten. Plus Buzz teased, somebody's got to barf it all up. So that angered Kevin very much. When Buzz was pretending to barf & yelled get a plate Kevin, Kevin pummelled Buzz right in the stomach because he was angry at him for teasing him & telling him there was no cheese pizza left. That did cause a big fiasco. When Kevin butted Buzz in the stomach, Buzz leaned back & caused both milk & Pepsi to spill, on pizza slices the passports Uncle Franks pants & other things. Plus a chair knocked Fuller's face into the table. Also at that same time Kevin & Buzz were having a big fist fight. Of course Kate yelled who started this? Kevin yelled he did, he ate my cheese pizza on purpose. Then Uncle Frank out of rudeness yells look what you did you little jerk. Then without fairness Kate yells Kevin get upstairs right now. When Kevin asks why, the other older brother Jeff yells because you're such a disease Kevin. Of course Kevin defends himself telling him to shut up. But Peter yells upstairs & Kate has to bring him upstairs herself. Of course in my opinion, Kevin was not treated fairly right that evening. I am sure that its very rarely that the McAllister Family has pizza for dinner & the one night they have it he gets sent upstairs to bed way up in the attic without any supper. That upset him alot. Buzz should have been punished too. He started the whole thing teasing Kevin about there being no more cheese pizzas left. After all when a whole family usually orders ten pizzas, at least 4 of them are cheese not just one. Also Kevin could have handled this differently if there were no other cheese pizzas, he could have scraped off the toppings he hated with a knife & still had 3 or 4 slices of cheese pizza. Also when Jeff put his two cents in uninvited saying you are such a disease, most mothers & fathers usually say in a case like that ," I don't want to hear a word out of you, or you get punished too". Plus an Uncle like Frank McAllister, it wasn't nice of him to call him a jerk. They let Buzz stay & continue having pizza & all Kevin gets is bed without supper. What if he was hungry? I mean Kate could have brought two more slices up to him in the attic. I am sure that he was happy when he first got left home alone, cause on night 2, he did get his very own cheese pizza finally, plus he got one in the limo in New York City next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

BASF posted:

In the movie Home Alone, the whole McAllister family was about to leave for a Christmas Family Vacation in Paris. The night before they left, there were 15 people in the House sleeping under one roof. The Main McAllister family consisted of Peter & Kate McAllister the parents. Buzz the oldest, Megan the second oldest, then Jeff then Linnie & of course young Kevin. The others that were staying were Peter's brother Frank, his wife Leslie & of course their children Tracy, Sondra, Brooke & Fuller. Also were two of his other brother Rob's & his wife Georgette's children Heather who was going to college near where Frank lived & Rod who was finishing up high school in the USA. Rob & Georgette lived in Paris. The night before they left for Paris they all had differences but young Kevin was always getting picked on mostly by his own siblings. When Kevin asked what should I pack, Jeff teases him saying toilet paper & water. Linnie says he's incompetent. Plus Megan refuses to help him get a suitcase down from the closet. Buzz the oldest is the worst of all yelling at him a lot teasing him from time to time & calling him flemwad. The night before they left for Paris, they didn't want to go through the trouble of cooking something for 15 people, so they ordered pizza for everybody.

Kevin was anxiously waiting all evening for the pizza. He could hardly believe he was getting pizza for dinner. As soon as it was time to eat, he raced downstairs yelling pizza pizza & was anxiously waiting to sink his teeth into many pieces of pizza. Like alot of people, Kevin, didn't like pepperoni, sausage onions or olives or mushrooms or any kinds of toppings on pizza, he only liked plain cheese pizza. The Pizza Boy from the pizza palace did deliver ten medium size pizzas for a 15 member family. When Kevin was racing for his share of some pizza slices, he searched for just cheese pizza but all he could find was alot with all the toppings he hated. He asked did anybody order me a plain cheese pizza, & Buzz his mean older brother said we did but if you want all of it got eaten. Plus Buzz teased, somebody's got to barf it all up. So that angered Kevin very much. When Buzz was pretending to barf & yelled get a plate Kevin, Kevin pummelled Buzz right in the stomach because he was angry at him for teasing him & telling him there was no cheese pizza left. That did cause a big fiasco. When Kevin butted Buzz in the stomach, Buzz leaned back & caused both milk & Pepsi to spill, on pizza slices the passports Uncle Franks pants & other things. Plus a chair knocked Fuller's face into the table. Also at that same time Kevin & Buzz were having a big fist fight. Of course Kate yelled who started this? Kevin yelled he did, he ate my cheese pizza on purpose. Then Uncle Frank out of rudeness yells look what you did you little jerk. Then without fairness Kate yells Kevin get upstairs right now. When Kevin asks why, the other older brother Jeff yells because you're such a disease Kevin. Of course Kevin defends himself telling him to shut up. But Peter yells upstairs & Kate has to bring him upstairs herself. Of course in my opinion, Kevin was not treated fairly right that evening. I am sure that its very rarely that the McAllister Family has pizza for dinner & the one night they have it he gets sent upstairs to bed way up in the attic without any supper. That upset him alot. Buzz should have been punished too. He started the whole thing teasing Kevin about there being no more cheese pizzas left. After all when a whole family usually orders ten pizzas, at least 4 of them are cheese not just one. Also Kevin could have handled this differently if there were no other cheese pizzas, he could have scraped off the toppings he hated with a knife & still had 3 or 4 slices of cheese pizza. Also when Jeff put his two cents in uninvited saying you are such a disease, most mothers & fathers usually say in a case like that ," I don't want to hear a word out of you, or you get punished too". Plus an Uncle like Frank McAllister, it wasn't nice of him to call him a jerk. They let Buzz stay & continue having pizza & all Kevin gets is bed without supper. What if he was hungry? I mean Kate could have brought two more slices up to him in the attic. I am sure that he was happy when he first got left home alone, cause on night 2, he did get his very own cheese pizza finally, plus he got one in the limo in New York City next year.

same

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Remember that part where he tried to shave and then put on after-shave and then he put his hands on his face and screamed?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

BASF posted:

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Whole lotta words just to talk about "Angels With Filthy Souls"

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
The moral that kids should take away from the Home Alone movies is that trying to do everything yourself like an adult is really cool and calling the cops only works as part of a greater plan to catch the bad guys. the Cops are actually useless. it's true.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
I honestly tried reading that post, OP, and I just can't. Some king in yellow poo poo you got there.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
"I made my family disappear." - Goon drinking wine alone in a hotel room in his home town on Christmas.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

BASF posted:

Wow, really makes you think. It took 9+ years but at this very moment I feel I got my money's worth joining this fine forum.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NAg_Fi_q-8

That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

BASF posted:

Finally. I've been trying to tell people this for years.

Exhibit A
May 29, 2003

BASF posted:

I smoked weed once

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

buzz, your girlfriend...WOOF! :stonk:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Keep the change you filthy animal

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I thought it was supposed to teach us that setting up lethal booby traps in common places was a funny and generally good thing to do.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Cheese pizza is the most boring loving thing.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Baba Ganoush posted:

I thought it was supposed to teach us that setting up lethal booby traps in common places was a funny and generally good thing to do.

it is. there are lots of good things to learn from Home Alone.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
And what's the deal with Home Alone 3...? I mean, really.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Kevin was a sociopath but tbh he never had a chance in that hosed up household.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

El Duderino posted:

And what's the deal with Home Alone 3...? I mean, really.

Let's not acknowledge any Home Alone movie past 2

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Goldmine

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
I like pizza too

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

They were skeletons all along!

Also imagine how home alone would have went if it was ulilia instead of kevin.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Al Borland posted:

They were skeletons all along!

Also imagine how home alone would have went if it was ulilia instead of kevin.

Imagine how Home Alone would go in modern times.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I like to pretend Party Monster is the last part in the Home Alone series.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

when i heard there was gonna be a home alone game for nintendo me and my friend were like 'this is gonna be fuckin cool, you'll plan out where you put all the traps and then the robbers will show up and get beat by all the traps' but then the game actually sucked

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it was like a platformer game and you didnt get to pick where any of the traps go

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

BASF posted:

Hmm

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Would you be kind enough, in the future, to use "spoiler" tags? Because when you tell the plot of a movie, you "spoil" it for us who may want to experience the drama/comedy without knowing what is going to happen?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

glowing-fish posted:

Would you be kind enough, in the future, to use "spoiler" tags? Because when you tell the plot of a movie, you "spoil" it for us who may want to experience the drama/comedy without knowing what is going to happen?

the wet bandits become the sticky bandits

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGOfFbzvq4

It's phlegmwad. :eng101: I feel pedantic tonight.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
So if the phone lines were down how did he order his own pizza later in the film?

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
Everything in this thread is true. Especially that last part.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I agree with your analysis OP but I wonder if maybe the unfairness was an intentional thing meant to get the audience to relate and sympathize with the protagonist.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I've always wondered why a pizza dude wouldn't call the cops after someone fired a tommy gun at him

then again he was probably stoned and didn't want heat himself

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

BASF posted:

Also Kevin could have handled this differently if there were no other cheese pizzas, he could have scraped off the toppings he hated with a knife & still had 3 or 4 slices of cheese pizza.

This is a load of bullshit, and you know it. You could just as well scoop the chicken out of chicken noodle soup and then drink plain hot water. There's no going back.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Too bad AC ain't in CHAAAAJ no more

Also, part two was literally a snuff film. He did worse things to Harry and Marv than Jigsaw could ever do.

Dianetics
Jun 6, 2014
White people have weird restrictive dietary habits that are fostered from childhood. I've encountered many white people who simply will not eat foods that don't fall into a narrow criteria of things they have eaten before and consider acceptable.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Orig Home Alone should've ended when the police find Kevin's entire family murdered in the basement and then a final shot of Kevin flying to Europe with the old street sweeper dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
kevin also has to sleep on the third floor, with fuller, who wets the bed, until he says that fuller wets the bed, and the mom from beetlejuice, who is also his mom, says he won't have to, but, the third floor is still a scary place for him, and fuller wouldn't be there, which is good, because he wets the bed, but bad, because nobody would be replacing fuller, and that nobody would be replacing fuller left kevin alone, which is both scary, and one of the things that made it possible for kevin to be left "The Home Alone" so this was a less-than-ideal solution. BUT the mom from beetlejuice rides in a van with john candy, who's in a band, to go back and see kevin, because she loves him very much, so, even though that was not good parenting to make kevin sleep on the third floor, i still think she's a nice mom, and was probably sad that she was mean to him I bet.

• Locked thread