Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I had the Baldur's Gate 2 strategy guide (maybe it was just for BG2:ToB but still, same point) from Prima and it had a full list of spells+analysis of each spell at the end

"Death Spell" says in its in-game description that it instantly kills anything below level 6 without a saving throw, in a wide area. It automatically wins a surprisingly huge number of encounters even lategame, including one of the ones that the guide described as the hardest in the game (that one spot in ToB where you get swarmed by like 100+ regular soldiers and guardsmen). Prima described the spell as "ineffective against bosses" and basically useless

it had a lot of other minor inaccuracies that i didnt care about too, but ive always found that one kind of funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Pretty much any Prima guide was poo poo

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Slur posted:

Not sure if this counts, but this certainly comes to mind.

it's canon for Oak to be a god damned retard

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

hahahaha

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

O__O;

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

I want to end this person's life, specifically because they called Zelda a role playing game.

it was an earlier time.... nobody knew what anything meant back then

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

+ LEVEL UP! I can't stress this enough, besides equipment, levels are the most
important thing.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Sombrerotron posted:

this is esp. funny because apart from sending back the wrong squaddie with the collector base rescuees it's not difficult at all to know who to assign to each task

i guess some players might unknowingly gently caress up earlier by not getting all the ship upgrades but tbh there's no good reason not to get them sooooo

The game even tells you who to put in each role... tech person to do tech, psionic power to do psionic... I guess it doesnt explicitly say "put a good tactical warrior leading the defense role" or whatever but that should have been obvious too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Benny D posted:

DSimpson wrote some pretty awesome gamefaqs guides. I remember having an ff7 guide with a ton of speculation about how you might revive aerith

Oh poo poo yeah. i remember that guy's name because his guide for BG2 was so in-depth

• Locked thread