Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Victim suggestions
Rats
Cats
More pigeons
GOKU (pity option for faggots)
View Results

• Locked thread
chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Lunixnerd posted:

Pigeons are disease carrying rats with wings and eat my dog's food which drives my dog up the wall. They are also birds, so descendants of dinosaurs, I feel that killing pigeons is retro-active revenge for all of those dinosaurs killing our proto-mammalian predecessors.

this is a myth. pigeons are actually far cleaner and safer than your dog hygiene wise. they are also unrelated to vermin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Augh I voted rats but then I remembered you should punch rats instead of wasting ammo on them. Shoot dogs and tougher targets with the pellet gun, or better yet don't shoot anything if it's not a Red Ryder LE; those BBs can be hard to come by.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

chaosbreather posted:

this is a myth. pigeons are actually far cleaner and safer than your dog hygiene wise. they are also unrelated to vermin.

vermin also refers to anything considered a pest species by most people, it's why there are usually no hunting laws to protect most vermin/pest species in most areas.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

shoot the internet, i think its time to put it down

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
I miss hunting small game with air rifles when I used to live out in the boonies or whatever. My favorite to shoot was possum- you have the nail them in the right spot or they just scurry away like "OH poo poo". Most satisfying feeling in the world to put them down with one shot. Those who have done it know what I'm talking about.

There's no feeling like nailing a pest that's perched on a tree and watching them fall down like 20-30ft to their doom. You can shoot at cans and steel targets, but nothing comes to small game. They are the ultimate reactionary target.

:black101:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I had a BB gun a dozen years ago or so, shot toward a bird not thinking I'd hit it a million years and ended up killing it. I've been a broken man ever since.

So what I'm saying is go shoot a bunch of birds.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i shot a squirrrel right in the eye once from 50 ft away with a pellet gun. He was on a tree branch and i shot him off it. I expected to feel something but i felt nothing at all. That made me wonder about the nature of killing too much that i never did it again. Right in the eye though. :masterstroke:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Tautologicus posted:

i shot a squirrrel right in the eye once from 50 ft away with a pellet gun. He was on a tree branch and i shot him off it. I expected to feel something but i felt nothing at all. That made me wonder about the nature of killing too much that i never did it again. Right in the eye though. :masterstroke:

should of just eaten it, can't feel bad for food.

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Lunixnerd posted:

I have this really amazing Walther LGV pellet gun, it's about as accurate as a pellet gun gets. I have taken out some feral pigeons with it, (headshots are less effective than body shots because lol pigeon brains)

What should I shoot with it? (except myself)

didn't read OP, didn't evne bother voting goku

youre a retard

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Tautologicus posted:

My best shot was getting one right through the nose. Means he must have been looking right at me. I took pictures and everything (not going to share here for obvious reasons). Still proud of that one though.

The reason you don't feel anything because they're disease carrying pests so we've been conditioned to hunt them (although in the most humane manner possible). Rats, feral cats, raccoons, possums, and squirrels. People who live a sheltered life in the city don't understand this. Don't expect them to.

I miss hunting them things :(

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I once shot an owl

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
lol I like guns but because its really fun to shoot them. not because i like shooting reactionary targets . F-

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
With a DSLR

do you like the shot I took?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Cotton tails and Jack rabbits are nasty critters. Make sure you kill them with one shot otherwise they make a human baby scream in pain when they are wounded.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
there was once an owl standing my car spoiler. It turned its freaky head all the way around at me like "wut". I figured it'd fly away once I walked close to it but it did not. I actually had to start my car to make it leave.

It was one of those smaller body but HUGGGGGGGE EYES ones too. I feltl ike it was talking to me

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

SirEvelynTremble posted:

With a DSLR

do you like the shot I took?

You're a liar and an image leecher both of which are despicable on their own but when they're combined it's ok I guess.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Try taking out a bear, preferably a female with cubs. It might take more than one shot but you'll get it eventually.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Kill owls on sight. Was painting a MLM office building and a big rear end barn owl was up in one of the dormers. Bastard attacked an electrician, clawed his face good.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
put a round in your tiny teste op

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
don't kill what you aren't going to eat

so shoot a cheeseburger or something

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

your ballsack and toes, OP

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

scalded schlong posted:

your ballsack and toes, OP

This. If you're buying and eating mass market meat and just shooting wild animals for fun then you're a piece of poo poo. If you shoot it, eat it or use it.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Luvcow posted:

This. If you're buying and eating mass market meat and just shooting wild animals for fun then you're a piece of poo poo. If you shoot it, eat it or use it.

Op should start working on making a squirrel trench coat/ zoot suit.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

TOILETLORD posted:

Op should start working on making a squirrel trench coat/ zoot suit.

Yes, would be very nice actually. Matching pimp hat too.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Shoot your mom for raising an idiot that likes to kill animals for the gently caress of it.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Shoot you're famil

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
yourself

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Rivethead posted:

Shoot your mom for raising an idiot that likes to kill animals for the gently caress of it.
There's a big difference between hunting pests and outright killing animals. If you can't tell the difference, continue to feel outraged for no reason at all I guess.

Do you eat meat?

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Muttonchips posted:

There's a big difference between hunting pests and outright killing animals. If you can't tell the difference, continue to feel outraged for no reason at all I guess.

Do you eat meat?

humanity is the pest

kill yourself

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I was going to post that cats aren't pests but don't they have a really bad feral cat problem in Australia? I watched a thing where a guy had a bumper sticker that said "The Only Good Cat is a Dead Cat".
If you don't live in Australia OP don't shoot cats.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Shoot more pigeons, but make sure they're actually city pigeons. There are some pretty rare wild pigeons that are becoming endangered because opportunistic city pigeons hog all the best breeding spots.

chaosbreather posted:

Vermin isn't a zoological category, it just means any small animal that annoys and pesters people, which city pigeons certainly do.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

Shoot more pigeons, but make sure they're actually city pigeons. There are some pretty rare wild pigeons that are becoming endangered because opportunistic city pigeons hog all the best breeding spots.

Vermin isn't a zoological category, it just means any small animal that annoys and pesters people, which city pigeons certainly do.
Would a person living in the city even own a pellet gun? It seems pretty unlikely.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Action Yak Police posted:

Would a person living in the city even own a pellet gun? It seems pretty unlikely.
You can if you want to. It's not like they're that expensive.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Muttonchips posted:

Do you eat meat?

Yeah, I eat feral pigeons and squirrels.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
You can't really eat city pigeons though, those things grow up eating old french fries and boozy hobo-vomit.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
The World

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
the police, take our streets back tia

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

OP this is your target

http://i.imgur.com/qVjr9DO.jpg

Engage at will.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Dandywalken posted:

OP this is your target

http://i.imgur.com/qVjr9DO.jpg

Engage at will.

Spoiler'd because I forgot if there's an image-size limit on GBS still

I doubt a pellet would put that thing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Your own fingat.

• Locked thread