Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
It had eluded me for a while I tried all manners of traps and none worked. But a few days ago I set down a glue trap and lo and behold this evening as I went into the kitchen sitting on my counter stuck in the glue trap was the mouse. He looked up at me with beady eyes and struggled to escape. I chucked him, trap and all, into the garbage.

Was it humane? Probably not! Am I going to lose some sleep over it? gently caress no that little bastard made my life a living hell with his feces and piss all over my counter.

Rot in hell you little bastard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I dont like how you handled that op.

You should have let it go outside.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

psyopmonkey posted:

I dont like how you handled that op.

You should have let it go outside.

I live in the middle of the country. It's a field mouse. My house is old and has a million ways for the varmints to get back in.

Killing is the only option for these mice.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS0fXQN6zrI

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
I saw a roach in my house the other day and I have been living in fear ever since, I feel for you OP.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Get a cat.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
RIP to the mouse.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
He had a few days of shelter, warmth, and food. That's a good run for a mouse.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

a mowiss

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
lol op too big a pussy to kill it outright so you just throw the whole trap in the trash. Beta as f*ck

alsoyour life was literally aliving hell? b*itch

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

oh nice, condemning a creature to die over the course of several days pinned to a glue board in the garbage. soooooo edgy

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

That's pretty lovely to just let it die of thirst glued awkwardly while in panic. You could put it in a ziploc bag and freeze it to death in a freezer, easy and not messy. Or drown it, a little less humane, but good if your freezer is full of hot pockets.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

get a snake

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Could've stomped on it first, at least.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

Have one. Unfortunately he can't get on top of the counter.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

spooky girlfriend posted:

That's pretty lovely to just let it die of thirst glued awkwardly while in panic. You could put it in a ziploc bag and freeze it to death in a freezer, easy and not messy. Or drown it, a little less humane, but good if your freezer is full of hot pockets.

I closed up the trash bag so it will probably suffocate in a few hours.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Jainism, traditionally known as Jaina Shasana or Jaina dharma (Sanskrit: जैन धर्म), is an Indian religion that prescribes a path of ahimsa - nonviolence - towards all living beings, and emphasises spiritual independence and equality between all forms of life. Practitioners believe that nonviolence and self-control are the means by which they can obtain liberation. Ascetism is thus a major focus of the Jain faith. The three main principles of Jainism are Ahimsa (Non-Violence), Anekantvad (Non-Absolutism) and Aparigraha (Non-Possessiveness).

Jainism is one of the oldest religions in the world. Jains traditionally trace their history through a succession of twenty-four propagators of their faith known as tirthankaras with Rishabha as the first and Mahāvīra as the last of the current era.

Jainism is a religious minority in India, with 4.2 million adherents, and there are immigrant communities in Belgium, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, and the United States. The population of the Jain community across the world is around 6.1 million.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

spooky girlfriend posted:

what if youre defrosting hot pockets in the sink and also bathtub?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

England Sucks posted:

Get another cat your current one is broken.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Whenever I catch a mouse in a glue trap I cut its head off with scissors. I know this seems like a fakepost because that guy made the gross GBS confession about killing all the baby mice the same way but its the only way I can think of to get a guaranteed no effort instant kill on the mouse in the glue trap. I won't let anyone just chuck them in the trash because watching the animal struggle and break its own limbs trying to escape the hosed up glue trap is too much for me.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I bought a snail trap for my garden that is basically a big pool of beer that you bury in your flowerbeds.

I keep finding dead mice in it, but I don't feel too guilty because I figure drowning in beer is a pretty good way to go.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
I live in an old brick house and I have to deal with deer mice, so jaw traps are the only way to go. They escape live traps; they go in, eat the bait, poop, then leave.

I walked in right after one went into the live trap, which is when I figured out it was deer mice that had been eluding me, rather than house mice. I emptied the trap into a 5 gallon bucket, figuring he could not escape that, so I could walk him across the street and let him go. He paused, looked me straight in the eye, and ran in a helix pattern up the inside of bucket and jumped about 4 feet in the air and into the brush. I bought jaw traps the next day.

They work really well, one of them I only baited with peanut butter once, a year ago, and it still catches them. There was one incident where the mouse got his face smashed instead of his neck broken and luckily I was there to mercy kill him.

I've sealed the house in several places but they always get in during the fall months. It's an 90+ year old house and I think they dig around the window wells and get in through a gap between the foundation and the upper floor. Thankfully I'm just renting.

Do not use live traps for house mice. When I first moved in a saw right away the place had house mice and I already had live traps. So I set them up right away. House mice will keep going into the trap even when there's several dead mice inside it already, and for some reason they die/decay insanely fast. The good thing is I got rid of them fast, but they all died horrible deaths, unfortunately.

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine
I release all mice I catch outside.

Into the waiting jaws of my barn kitties.

gently caress you mice.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I had a dead mouse in a glue trap, it's organs were splayed out on it. It was trying so hard to escape, that it literally tore it self open.
Kinda sad.

One night I got woken up by a scratching sound - I heard it coming from the vent, it was a mouse trying to climb out but due to the slope it kept falling down making little banging sounds. I said "too early for this" and went back to sleep.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
A RAT LOOKED AT ME WHAT THE gently caress DO I DO!!!???

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Rapman the Cook posted:

A RAT LOOKED AT ME WHAT THE gently caress DO I DO!!!???

Tame her.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
My dog plays with mice but usually ends up drowning them in saliva, then she is sad.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
I release all mice I catch into OP's house.

It's the most humane thing to do.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I prefer poison.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

keyvin posted:

I prefer poison.

How are you still alive?

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
i put it there to see if you'd kill hijm

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You should have tortured the mouse for information first

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Get it out the trash dude, those mouse corpses have uses

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I've probably killed over 1000 mice in the last year (for science) and don't feel a thing. Those fuckers will cannibalize the poo poo out of each other if they sense weakness.

They also eat their own poop.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Roger Craig posted:

They also eat their own poop.

Lots of things seem to eat poop on this planet.

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Ryen Deckard posted:

I saw a roach in my house the other day and I have been living in fear ever since, I feel for you OP.

I was reading in bed and a giant cockroach crawled over my neck and down into the blanket.

The penalty is death.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Acid Haze posted:

Do not use live traps for house mice. When I first moved in a saw right away the place had house mice and I already had live traps. So I set them up right away. House mice will keep going into the trap even when there's several dead mice inside it already, and for some reason they die/decay insanely fast. The good thing is I got rid of them fast, but they all died horrible deaths, unfortunately.

p sure the point of live traps is that you empty them while the mouse is still alive. no one's going out looking to by a rodent mausoleum.

there's an abandoned grocery store half a mile away, i usually take them out there so they can hang out in the sewer pipes

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

England Sucks posted:

Get a bunch of cats and have them Hunger Games until you are left with the best cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Have respect for different species, please.

They just want to live and have sex and avoid pain, just like you do.

• Locked thread