Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
He had a jaguar and a porsche but his girlfriend drove him to the bar in a PT Cruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I don't believe he had any of those things

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

That's the least interesting story from Second Life I've ever heard.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
this is just a beginning of a cuck story innit

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
A searing case of no one gives a hoot.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

add bitcoins to the doobie gamergate ulilia thread

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Just bought a bunch of bitcoin based on the information culled from the op. And it's gone!

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
cool

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
how is he A Bitcoiner, like what defines him as that?

if I steal someone's bitcoin wallet to buy drugs, am I "a Bitcoiner"?

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Can you buy things other tahn drugs with bitcoins yet

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I mean, drugs are cool and all but after giving it some thought I'd like to be able to purchase things other than drugs at some point.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ryen Deckard posted:

He had a jaguar and a porsche but his girlfriend drove him to the bar in a PT Cruiser.

That's really all that is needed to be said about bitcoin.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Prawned posted:

I mean, drugs are cool and all but after giving it some thought I'd like to be able to purchase things other than drugs at some point.

you can sell them for real money to someone else who wants to buy drugs

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
bitcoin is hosed up and stupidly insecure to network pressure but it's still a commodity people are actually spending money on so you can make money off of it without being A Bitcoiner

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
e.g. the prisonplanet crowd really likes bitcoin, they tend to hoard it tho. there's a subset of nerd that thinks it's fantastic & should be the primary currency -- they're your primary mark. it is generally not so hard to get the wallets from the second group && sell to the first.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
let's run a goon bitcoin scam

like where's the cool poo poo we do? 4chan hacks sites, we just have a bunch of pôsters bitching about Bitcoin without taking advantage of the situation

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Ryen Deckard posted:

What's it like being such a square that some one lying about having a Jaguar and a Porsche while their girlfriend drives them to the bar in a PT Cruiser is a :wtc: moment for you?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
did you two touch tips?

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
A co-worker asked me if I had ever heard of bitcoins and I just kind of started laughing. He never talked to me again.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Shitcoiner

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

In my controversial opinion it is worse that he was seen in a PT cruiser than that he owns a bitcoins

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I'm not saying it isn't funny watching a nerd squirm and try to save face by telling a dumb lie like that but the average person does that all the time so I was expecting the bitcoin angle to add some extra crazy to it

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

did you two touch tips?

franco I will estroy you

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
but rly if bitcoin is so stupid and ppl involved in it are so awful why don't goons do more about it, like rip them off to show the insecurity and lack of recourse of the wallet system, or deploy enough nodes in the network to begin exerting control of the infrastructure for our own purposes or something?

just going "haha bitcoin lol" gets old after a while, let's do something cool.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

ashgromnies posted:

but rly if bitcoin is so stupid and ppl involved in it are so awful why don't goons do more about it, like rip them off to show the insecurity and lack of recourse of the wallet system, or deploy enough nodes in the network to begin exerting control of the infrastructure for our own purposes or something?

just going "haha bitcoin lol" gets old after a while, let's do something cool.

Sounds good, but I'll need you to send me $1000 in a western union money order to get started.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Drycoin

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

ashgromnies posted:

Because all the Cool Goons went on to bigger and better things, leaving behind the dumb goons to run the show. If you want to mess with Bitcoin you'll have to get 4chan or Reddit to do it

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
The pt cruiser has less legitimacy than bitcoins

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
I lived with a sporadically homeless guy who assured me that the appreciation on his bitcoin hoard he was acquiring through internet gambling was going to make him a millionare inside a year, and he'd take the rest of us along for the ride when it happened. He wound up homeless again bc he stayed home playing internet poker instead of doing any work for months and so never made rent, and when called on it tried to hold his imaginary riches over us and claim we were ingrates. I never posted about it bc it's just not a very interesting story, even though it's more interesting than yours OP.

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 24, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ashgromnies posted:

bitcoin is hosed up and stupidly insecure to network pressure but it's still a commodity people are actually spending money on so you can make money off of it without being A Bitcoiner

signed,

A Bitcoiner

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
check this out: buttcoiner

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Science of Suck posted:

check this out: buttcoiner

:eyepop:

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Prawned posted:

you can buy fake ids, and drug paraphernalia

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Prawned posted:

artisanal dessicated rig strawberries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Also he had lots of opinions about fema deathcamps which I still don't get, it's like worrying that the department of labor is plotting to sieze a percentage of your income at the end of the year

• Locked thread